Mods for PC version?

That’s interesting to hear! Will you be showing pictures of it and provide a download link of the script if extraction is successful?

Absolutely.

1 Like

OK, got the characters and levels extracted.

Now I just have to convert the mesh data.

Getting sssooooo close.

3 Likes

Thats pretty cool wonder if we could turn Jago into Akuma or something.

Apologies, but since modding is something not officially supported at this time, it falls in to the realm of violation of the ToU. However that is the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law definitely wins out here.

Discuss modding all you’d like since it is something expected in the PC space, however any direct discussion around “how to” or “tools” to change game files that aren’t officially supported by Microsoft are a no-no. Basically what I am saying is anything tutorial-esque, script, text or otherwise.

6 Likes

Appreciate the upfront and clear reasoning behind hiding tutorial posts.

Please let’s not rage about this so the topic gets so derailed it gets closed.

So we gotta take the tutorial train to another site… srk? Gaf? The other big KI forum site that’s been around for like 20 years?

Welp, I guess that solidifies the fact that they dont want mods happening at all.

Oh well.

False - that solidifies the fact that we’d rather not have people doing something unsupported. Big difference.

4 Likes

Which is…modding?

So your saying mods one day be supported?

Then what’s the path to go about getting this “supported”? Is that something you all are actively working on or not?

Well, I guess since I am only allowed to state results here, and we are not allowed to work together at all:

I have been able to now extract all sound files from the paks, decrypt them, and then convert them over to mp3. So now I can just listen to all of them in Itunes, which is cool.

Now that all character sounds and stages music are taken care of, time to move on to meshes…

I guess I really need @rukizzel to clarify… am I even allowed to post something like the above?

1 Like

Well… Look’s like of we want tutorials or anything such as, we’re going to have to migrate, So, in that logic, are we allowed post links to the dicussion/tuturials there, or could we link to accounts involved in posts are make our way to the tutorials that way? Or are we going to have to search through Google the hard way?

Well, they have all of the combos and exact frame data scripted in here. Thats good info to know.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be doing anything that doesn’t involve proper Orchid KI 2 retro.
Get busy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol, you are right about that.

I have just about got a model to cooperate with my exporting it.

I am going to do something simple as a proof first. Going to replace aganos’ flower that he puts on the oppenent with something else.

If that goes well… KI2 orchid will be for sure making her first appearance. That it my first goal for sure when i get this figured out.

Ok, got something changing so far. Can adjust the global lighting and post effects. Going to fix the terrible lighting a little here in a minute.

Yes…we must see her nude butt sticking right in your face every time a match starts. :unamused:

This is more like now wanting to get in trouble so they are playing it safe. If it is confirmed to be allowed,then they will let you. They are just playing it safe.