Mods for PC version?

Yeah, you are probably right. I’ll hold off.

But if anyone wants to know how to do it themselves, just let me know. Information is free.

Sphyn1x has a point yet its the same as if you were uploading the audio using gameplay which many have done thought out the years KI have been up

You’re kidding right?

ya, the game should be allow or support modding for PC users. It’ll help gain strength for KI community
face characters now look too ugly with me

this is the biggest problem, pc oriented people and people that are not very tech savy… and so the whining begins.

If that were an issue, I’d think RKosmik’s Youtube channel would have been taken down a couple of years ago.

1 Like

This. Why not make a video instead that contains the audio files (all the three announcers, character voice clips, etc.)? That wouldn’t be a problem, I’d say. Just don’t put a download link…

Modding never applies to multiplayer. If it’s cosmetics only the person doing the modding would be able to see it. And if KI is anything like League of Legends it would check if any additional files are in the game and try to fix it. You can only replace files not add on top so any additional mechanics would never happen.

Yeah, most multiplayer modding is going to either be client-side or is going to cause server syncing issues for those running the mods.

Anyway, On other things, Has anyone made any process with cracking open the .paks yet?

2 Likes

nah, we know how to extract them using quick BMS but we need a BMS script file in-order for it to work, and that is something we don’t have at the moment. I might have to be made from scratch or somehow extracted from the exe file. We do know that there is support to be an update regarding UWP which may make modding possible. as of right now the modding group i’m in will be poking around until further information about UWP arise, then that when the real fun begins.

P.S mostly no multiplayer mod because one, don’t know how it works and two, if we do, prepare to be ban hammered worse than letherface’s hammer brutality

was gonna make a video about it last week but is pushed it’ll this week.

ok

Hey, sorry I have been out of town for business for the last week, good ol San Antonio.

When I get back to my hotel room tonight I’ll post up how to convert the sound files with a batch script so that everyone can extract their own real quick.

As soon as Im back home in front of my PC I’ll work up a script to let us extract the .pak files to get to everything else.

3 Likes

Lol, looks like IG “borrowed” the Nox fan made character idea. Omen is called NOX in the games source.

Working to unpack these characters tonight.

2 Likes

Nice, can’t wait to see what you find within the pak files!

NOX…never heard of that. Anybody care to enlighten?

Hm, that sounds interesting. I bet @psykkee would be proud of that.

What I’m far more interested though, if there could be any unused stuff or leftovers lurking around within the source file like sound files of the early announcer, Jago’s early outro line, Season 1 and 2 UI leftovers, stuff like that. Would make a great entry for TCRF I guess.

1 Like

Yeah they have strange character names in here like “Judge”. Still working on extraction. Getting closer

3 Likes

Judge? Which character pertains to that?

And let me guess, is there a “Gauze” name? Because that was Kan-Ra’s prototype name…

Judge is refer to the Arbiter since the Judge_level.bik plays his level, plus if you listen to the trailer, arbiter is a bit judgmental in the outcome of battle and the prince could be rash

Hm, makes sense, since an arbiter pertains to a person who is considered to be an authority on what is right, good, or proper. I actually thought “Judge” could have pertained to a Judge Dredd-eque type of character, but oh well!

“Prince”? Hm, sounds intriguing. Rash has those royal accessories though. I wonder…