Mods for PC version?

Ive been taking it apart for the last 2 days while in down time.

So far, it was trivial to get all of the movies (endings, trailers, intros, etc.) and all of the sounds out of it and converted them to MP3 so I could just listen to the entire soundtrack.

I was able to decrypt the pak files (where the graphics like models live) pretty easily, now I am just working to extract them.

So hopefully I should have the models out of it soon, then be able to work to get them back in.

I’ll keep you all posted.

10 Likes

Excellent, thank you for your efforts!

Be sure to share your scripts/decrypting tools. :slight_smile:

Lol! The way I read this was just in a nonchalant, matter of fact voice.

“yeah…in my off time I took apart this thing and am reconstructing it at my leisure. No biggie.” Lol!

Well, I can’t wait to see what comes out of all this. Not necessarily spoilers and stuff, just mods, and other various things that people find / create. Should be fun and interesting.

1 Like

Street Fighter IV has a huge modding community… multiplayer is unaffected.

Why would you not want KI mods for more costumes?

And so what if Xbox players won’t be able to do it, those kind of mods are all local and won’t have any effect on them. It’s just one of the perks of PC gaming.

2 Likes

awesome stuff. I have a feeling we’ll end up doing it MKX style and have to quickly copy stuff back into the folder after the initial load/integrity check.

Ikr?, all that was missing, was the evil laugh a la Alucard (Japanese version)

That’s amazing man. Looking forward to your extracts.

mkay

Thought games in the Wstore are un-moddable?

The modding community for GOW was massive back in the day for the original Pc release but this HD release can’t be altered in any way or it stops you connecting to the servers.

I read that this is the same for all Wstore games.

I have never been a fan of client side mods where other people can’t see my limited edition costumes. I usually prefer buying them where others can see it for the novelty. Unless its a game like say Skyrim.

But through the years I found that in fighting games in general the devs seem to have bad taste in costumes, for example the SF4 game the community made far better mods of costumes than Capcom ever did its the same as Bethesda remember how Bethesda failed hard at creating mods like the horse armor?

Is data mining even possible for KI?

Yes, data mining is definitely possible as the game files can be browsed fairly easily.

2 Likes

Actually, it is possible to find the folder that KI is installed to. You have to change the permissions for the folder to be able to access it, changing the files in the folder is a different story. There is a way to extract the PAK files from the GameAssets folder as well yet the BMS file need to fully extract the file is not available yet. There are thing that stand in the way of modding this game yet it is possible .

If anyone could tell me where the game installs to, folder wise, that’d be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps\

Hm, seems like I don’t have permission to access that directory even though I’m the admin. How to get access? I’m rather new to Win10, can’t figure it out.

Bethesda actually left some annoying bugs in there that had it not been for the modding community would still be there. Modded Skyrim is an awesome experience, it is amazing how much more immersive, challenging and expansive the game can be with added mods.

Ive had a few people ask me for the audio files, so I’ll upload them in a few minutes to mega or something.

They were encrypted, so I decrypted and then converted them to mp3.

Pretty neat to listen to.

2 Likes

You should ask MS for permission. It’s still copyrighted material…even if its just Audio.

I really hope IG is open to mods because a lot of people are about it. not saying i want people to mad online which really won’t happen. Doubt people want to test their luck getting banned if the same protocol is used as if someone was using a JTAG xbox online.