Mira's Trailer

I hope they make new story mode like MKX! Season 2’s story mode cinematic is awful…

2 Likes

Kinda disappointed by this trailer. I don’t feel the power of Hisako’s, Aganos’ or Tusk’s.

I can work with the lack of teaser. The date, in the other hand … (I feel like I got Capcom’ed).

But hey, that’s just a trailer and she will dropped this week (friday ?), the character looks great and music sounds cool so tha’s not totally bad for me.

Let’s do some forum deductive research:

April: 6 days left

Monday - Not usually a date things are released, but it could happen, though wouldn’t they tell us at least a day before?
Tuesday - This is when games release, but KI is a little different since its already out. Could work though.
Wednesday - Mid week, enough time to announce though it would be nice if we knew as soon as possible
Thursday - getting late in to the week, but enough time for me to cough at work to have my boss believe me when I call out
Friday - Goodness, could it be? I mean anything could happen, but this is really pushing it. Hopefully nothing happens with release because who would be in office to fix it if something went wrong, depending on the rollout time?
Saturday - Well, again, no one is in the office, so this would be silly!

You could also reason that if anything major were going on, the KI team would surely let you know that they aren’t going to hit April, but no news is bad news apparently.

So I’ll let you all pick your own release date and when/if it comes and goes we can be surprised together!

14 Likes

It would be much higher respect than MK.

1 Like

Why is it sad…you streamed Mira all weekend - what did you expect? Trailer is ok but…no release date and no tease. I understand why some are disappointed; it’s the same, soon, stayed tuned or whatever is getting old. You should actually be happy that fans are anticipating the tease and still following the upcoming unreleased characters. But whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

On the flip side, fans and followers, this is probably Microsoft’s new way of releasing content for KI. We saw it starting with Kim Wu, etc and it will continue. Either you follow the new program or not - up to you.

3 Likes

Ok ignoring the drama about teasers or whatever (which i dont get, we already know its Gargos next month, and we’ve already had his tease in the launch trailer) that was a great trailer. Love the music, and that little showdown with Maya at the end was a nice touch. Can’t wait to play her, and the wait for a new character has definitely been eased by the fact that we got 4 at once. During season 2’s roll-out this would be the time of the month i would be chomping at the bit for any scraps of info and the new character, but this time i’m still busy getting the hang of the season 3 characters.

@rukizzel I want it known that I say this with nothing but respect for you and the guys at Iron Galaxy/Microsoft, but are you having an off day? The responses you’re giving to the (somewhat understandably) concerned fans are really dismissive and because it’s almost impossible to get the perfect context of writing, (especially on the internet) it’s almost as if everybody who asks a question is getting a super sarcastic answer. You know what I mean?

(Because this post took like, five minutes to write, I didn’t catch any of the more recent responses I may be completely wrong here.)

1 Like

Context is tough in text, but I am always a smartypants and will often retort with dry replies! Especially when trying to hint without saying…it was the only way to do so while dancing around the line of actually giving the date!

4 Likes

Soooo Sunday…kidding,

I appreciate all the hard work and will be happy to play her when IG/she is ready.

I’m in disappointed in the trailer. Sure no release date. And with Jago & Orchid. But Thunder? WHY NOT SABREWULF!!!

LYCAN VS VAMPIRE!!!

1 Like
6 Likes

Like this?

http://i0.wp.com/shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ki-xb1-mira-1-watermark.png?resize=523%2C689

4 Likes

No date? Come ooooon… #staytuned

Hey we never released that picture… Where did you get that?! That’d better not be what I think!

In all seriousness, kinda. With Mira the issue was lighting and pushing towards launch. She wasn’t ready to be shown on Tusk’s stage, and he was the one we were using for the tease (voice actor recorded lines and everything). So it had to be Tusk’s stage even though she was lit on Sabrewulf’s.

We saw a footage cut, but knew it wasn’t right. Time would be needed to finish her stuff - all while we were working on other things that were more important towards launch. NOTE that is not to say that giving a proper tease isn’t important to us. It is simply saying that everything we ever do as human beings is assigned a priority.

17 Likes

Gotcha, I know that much.

Well we can at least assume she will be released this week lol next Sunday is May 1st boiz

The date is sometime this week. We’ll know soon enough. Can’t wait to play her!

As for the teaser, I hoped we’d see it but if it’s not ready, I’d MUCH rather they hold it until it’s ready than release it in early progress for people to critique (read: howl that it looks bad because they can’t help but expect final product looks in stuff that’s not final).

More to look forward to this week, and that’s fine by me.

As for the trailer, I’m really curious who found her and lifted her up from the rubble and gave her the power she has. Seems like she was hunting them and they wound up turning her?

I like her whole shtick. Power hungry, evil, and that showdown with Maya… Can’t wait to see how that plays out! Oh man and that MUSIC! I got such s Bram Stoker’s Dracula vibe from it. So dark and foreboding at the beginning. Awesome. Couldn’t be happier with how she turned out!

It’s understandable. Seeing the process that Lab Zero went through to make Skullgirls, I understand it’s a ton of work and I am glad you guys are providing a wonderful product.

I am patient for the teasers as long as they are high quality in the end.

This trailer is stupid. Whoever made this needs to learn something. The error messed up the whole video. It is unwatchable. What is the problem? Kago’s Endoduken is Shago’s voice…lol

FTFY

Maybe that is on purpose? :wink: