Mira Tech Discussion and Match Analysis (Post 3.6)

Congrats on the pro star. I saw you at top 32 before it reset and I was like “awww yeaaah” lol.

Imo Gargos without minions is in Mira’s favor. But with minions it’s a tough battle just like any other. Lately I’ve been struggling against even the noob ish Gargos’ in ranked. He’s in my head lately :/.

I’ve been going more aggressive toward Cinder lately. Making the player dp and then misting or air dashing for the whiff and punish. I’ve also found light trephine works well at catching Cinder on his way down from throwing the Pyro bombs. Gotta be fast on the reaction though.

Quick update on my guide. I got it all recorded. Just gotta find a good video editor and it’ll be done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve decided to hold off on the Mira guide until after KIWC ends. I do expect balance changes to be revealed sometime during KIWC, but there’s no telling just what they will change. Maybe S4 gets announced and everybody changes like they did going from S2 to S3. Lol now while I doubt this would happen, I rather be safe and wait until after.

2 Likes

These Glacius buffs have me SHOOK

Also my stealth lp heavy reaping linker tech :(((((

1 Like

Congrats @MHXadiranXV for the top 32! =D awesome to have our girl at the KI cup =’)

Best of luck for tomorrow, m8!

2 Likes

I’m so damn happy for you man, you’re out there doin it!! @MHXadiranXV

2 Likes

Go @MHXadiranXV!!!

2 Likes

Currently raising bats in energy for my Mira brethren in losers bracket! TFW you’re the only top Mira main not at KIWC right now :((((((

3 Likes

Man, I’m so proud of you @MHXadiranXV you had a phenomenal showing, we’ll get em next year!! You played so solid!

4 Likes

Thanks guys for the support! I had so much fun bringing our girl Mira to top 32 at the Killer Instinct World Cup. Some say Mira can’t be played at a competitive level. We have proof that they are wrong! Keep it up fellas!

7 Likes

Starting this off with a request for any anti Shin Hisako Tech.

First thing I’ve found that’ll help a lot. Don’t respect her forward dash/teleport.

We can jab before she can even get a button out, just like Fulgore’s teleport.
So practice sticking jab out as soon as you see the flash.

I think this mu is 6-4 in Mira’s favor. Mist alone makes it a nightmare for Shin Hisako. She needs her spirit orb to do a lot of tricky mix ups but Mira doesn’t have to take any of that. Same goes for the instinct grab. I see some interesting set ups but again Mira doesn’t have to take any of that. Shin Hisako also lacks at getting in, where as Mira excels at running away. Her overheard is also laughably slow. Time will tell if this mu ever improves for Shin but for now I don’t Mira has to worry at all.

thanks for the info fellas, i went ahead and added some of the stuff you guys posted to the stickied thread we have here. i picked up mira again, its caused my shin hisako game to be delayed lol. what can i say, the vamp chic is too fun

Nicky put on an absolute clinic with Mira today at the Microsoft Store tournament. But what I want to highlight is his match with Bass, which was Mira v. Cinder, a matchup I know a lot of us have been struggling with. Fantastic, fantastic play
https://beam.pro/Microsoftstore?vod=1314926
(3h, 43m)

4 Likes

Didn’t Bass quit KI two weeks ago?

Bass “quit” like PR Balrog “retired”

1 Like

I guess its because it was a relatively quick event, he decided to enter. He’s pretty openly said he’s going to enter tournaments to support but he’ll be playing SFV instead.

Oh man, I didn’t even know there was a tourney yesterday (or whenever it was…?) - thanks for posting this!

After watching, owo yeah. Incredible Mira play. Scouring through for noteworthy stuffs. He manhandled Gargos, very nice to see. Not to discredit Rico, but when Nicky was on, oooh boy he was ON.

Thanks again!

that was very inspiring to see, im glad we have a Mira hero. its been way way overdue since shes a criminally underrated character. her life drain mechanic is surely an intimidating and difficult barrier of entry. nicky really put on a show, and taught me what to do with some of her stuff

been playing mira alot lately, my win loss is taking a massive beating as i try to break bad habits and level myself up. so far i am starting to make progress, im using more of her buttons, and trying to vary my offense. one juicy little combo i enjoy doing is off her oki.

you do a forward throw > MP bats (as usual). ill go for a MP reaping, if it lands, the bats will come in to hit them. ill do an instant air dash forward and land either a J.LK or a J.FK as bats hit and i tend to score lock outs with that. pretty sure MK can hit also, just havent done it yet. from there i just keep the party going and do great damage.

so how is everybody else doing? GGs few days ago @Aeriqui i ran into you on ranked and you did great. i think i was using hisako, i didnt get to put her hat on in time and i got wasted hard lol.

More match footage for you guys to check out!

2 Likes