Mira Tech Discussion and Match Analysis (Post 3.6)

Had no idea 8bit was going on. I thought it ended? I would have signed up asap.

Don’t let it get to ya. I did the same when I played the online tourneys. Mira is already a fragile fighter, adding the nerves and pressure definitely brings out some nasty mess ups. I personally would mist for absolutely no reason and go for counter breakers even though mira never has much reason to go for them.

Advice would be to just up your defense. Go games and just play straight up defensively. Block and punish. I found it helped improve my over all reaction time against over heads and long block strings. Definitely helped me in my Riptor mu.

2 Likes

I feel like my problem is I tend to play too defensively sometimes and I play too safe. I tend to play by the book and smart instead of going crazy.

Speaking of playing defensively, I lost my match against UA Wheels on Kross Up today because I didn’t pressure him. Gonna post it tomorrow so we can break down what I did wrong

2 Likes

Since for some reason KI doesn’t store replays from Lobbys, I won’t be able to show you guys my first match against UA Wheels. But I can still show you guys the last two matches from the stream archive. Starts at 54:36 {link}

Ok I finished watching the matches. Good job on not misting on wake up all the time, nice. I think you did pretty well it’s just that you had to fight Dayton of all players and to top it off against Fulgore. Hard times fore sure. I did notice you went for some of the reaping mix ups without meter to back you up as well as some overuse of her recap. Gotta watch out for those. The recap i think is best when the opponent locks out against her juggles after the trephine ender. I go for something like LP>MK or LP>LK and if they lock out go for the recap, if it is necessary of course. Also when you did her instinct cancel during shadow blood seekers I suggest adding light bats before you go for the 1 chance breaker. It’s free damage and it allows the vampire mist to add I think 1 or 2 ticks.

Good stuff, I’d like to fight you one day. A battle of who kills themselves last lol.

Here is my set against Charlieboy as promised.

I’m currently in the process of mastering linker breakers so you’ll see me fail horribly at a lot of them. I think that was the reason I lost. I’ve played Charlieboy plenty of games before and we usually end up winning or losing by a hair. Not to mention some bad drops on my combos and some not too smart choices but nonetheless I had fun. Next set I won’t be dropping those linker breakers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone have any thoughts on the community tier list with Mira’s placing?

Her mu chart is pretty accurate, except for Sadira being even. More 4-6. As far as her placement on the tier list goes and how this chart was created, I’d say it’s an honest spot having her that far down. I say she’s a top tier fighter but based on this chart she doesn’t have a chance when most top tier fighters have more winning matches than losing.

Overall Mira really only has 3 to 4 losing matches. With currently 27 fighters I’d say that’s pretty good.

1 Like

I got a chance to play a long set against Thompson’s Jago last night! Was really eye-opening and made me really focus on how to approach the Jago matchup. I lost 17-3, but I never expected to be able to take 3 games off him, and some of the ones I did lose were really close. I’ll be posting it tomorrow, working on recording them now.

1 Like

I have some new tech I found while in the dojo (I spend a lot of my time there cause Mira be so fun and creative), this is only a scratch of what I’ve been finding but I wanted to share this to also give an update to my guide on Mira. I’ve been putting it off lately cause of work but I really want this guide to be out before World Cup so my plan is to release it sometime this week. My guide will include pretty much everything there is to Mira. From simple “press this button to do this” to “okay time this move so that this bat can blah blah”, pretty much from zero to hero lol.

Medium reaping causes a hard knockdown giving the bat enough time to be right on top of the opponent when they wake up, forcing them to block. Jump over them and mist once you are above them. The opponent is then forced to make a guess of which way to block. You can time the jump to be on the left of them or right, but if you manage to jump and mist directly above them, it becomes a complete guessing game for both of us. But Mira comes out on top (literally). If you notice at the 57 sec mark I was able to get it just right and Jago was turned the opposite direction!

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Awesome tech man! Can’t wait for the guide!

I found an interesting property of Mira’s medium command grab. If your KV is full, instead of passing through your opponent, the air grab will blowout the combo and cause a hard knockdown.

3 Likes

That’s really cool! I had a feeling the air grab could do something like that, I feel like combining that with @MHXadiranXV’s instinct bat tech could be really interesting

1 Like

Hey guys! So how have people been finding the Gargos matchup? It’s been a hot topic for a lot of people, but i think Mira has the tools to deal with minions and the mobility to get in on Gargos to prevent him from getting them. I think it’s 6-4 in her favor but again, requires work.

I’ve also been personally struggling with the Cinder matchup after playing Bass, Valoraxe, and Vanguard Apex. I’m going to have to lab how we can deal with all his tools because burnout really makes the matchup extremely hard to deal with.

I also finally hit Top 32 for February! Which considering i was just learning how to play the game properly in June, and the fact that I’ve only been using Mira, means I’ve made a lot more progress that i intended. Just have to get more matches in with top players so i can get out of bad habits.

2 Likes

Congrats on the pro star. I saw you at top 32 before it reset and I was like “awww yeaaah” lol.

Imo Gargos without minions is in Mira’s favor. But with minions it’s a tough battle just like any other. Lately I’ve been struggling against even the noob ish Gargos’ in ranked. He’s in my head lately :/.

I’ve been going more aggressive toward Cinder lately. Making the player dp and then misting or air dashing for the whiff and punish. I’ve also found light trephine works well at catching Cinder on his way down from throwing the Pyro bombs. Gotta be fast on the reaction though.

Quick update on my guide. I got it all recorded. Just gotta find a good video editor and it’ll be done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve decided to hold off on the Mira guide until after KIWC ends. I do expect balance changes to be revealed sometime during KIWC, but there’s no telling just what they will change. Maybe S4 gets announced and everybody changes like they did going from S2 to S3. Lol now while I doubt this would happen, I rather be safe and wait until after.

2 Likes

These Glacius buffs have me SHOOK

Also my stealth lp heavy reaping linker tech :(((((

1 Like

Congrats @MHXadiranXV for the top 32! =D awesome to have our girl at the KI cup =’)

Best of luck for tomorrow, m8!

2 Likes

I’m so damn happy for you man, you’re out there doin it!! @MHXadiranXV

2 Likes

Go @MHXadiranXV!!!

2 Likes