Mira Tech Discussion and Match Analysis (Post 3.6)

Who is saying shes top tier? I think she has always been top tier but she has to work for it. Each update we get they nerf more and more of the other top fighters that I feel it’s starting to make her pop out more.

This new pd update has really shined bright on her. Just today while I was finishing up on my guide for her I noticed how after a grab, doing a 1 chance breaker did 20% damage. 20%! For a 1 chance. That’s crazy! Before the pd update her grabs pd would be gone by the time she could get back into the fight.

I’m happy but scared at the same time that people are starting to realize her potential. Happy because she deserves more praise, but scared at the thought of someone like Nicky fulling utilizing her. Next thing you know the community will bring out the pitch forks demanding nerfs for Mira lol. But we’ll see!

And yeah, I can’t wait to see Nicky get more work in with Mira. I’ve been talking to him a bunch on twitter and helping him with the character, I just want to see her shine and push us all to get better.

And the PD update has been fantastic for the whole game, but especially for us. Playing the combo system and going for lockouts really pays off. Can’t wait to see your guide man!

Just started watching the video you linked. On a side note, I need to high five Bass for that Storm Owl 8-bit remix song that plays at the start of the Mira matches. Hype. Wonder what PaulB has to show.

I’m very excited for Mira’s future, and I hope my guide will help those who doubt Mira’s potential realize what they are missing.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like these matches are for fun and not really anything else. He mists like crazy and Bass does not really punish him for it. Far as play style yeah he plays a lot different than your grounded base game style. If you take away all the unnecessary Mists he plays similar to me, but he is not really capitalizing his air juggles like I do. Still was interesting to watch a few of the games. What was your thoughts on his Mira?

It’s interesting to say the least. I feel like the use of medium punch into light bats is something I could incorporate, but the frequent jump ins I feel like are a bad habit that can be punished either by low profiling or shadow countering. Also there were a lot of times Bass could have shadow countered to get out of pressure. I dunno, I have to think about it some more.

Also going for short combos so much doesn’t really play to Mira’s strengths in my opinion. Going for the lockout and longer combos I feel is worth it because even if you get broken, you’re still doing 20% damage with a bunch of leftover PD. Most characters have to get to at least level 2 with an ender to get close to that.

So even if you’re getting broken you’re still doing a good bit of damage, it’s why I always go for the reaping linkers.

Alright here we go! Just uploaded a bunch of match videos, let me know what you guys think!

1 Like

Another week, another topic! So how have you guys been incorporating safe jumps into her game? I notice we tend to go for airdash mixups, which are working, but I’m curious if anyone has found and character specific safe jumps. I mainly ask for characters like Cinder.

Also the introduction of Kilgore reminded me of a Mira concept with mist I’ve been trying to work through. Kilgore’s teleport is like a KOF dodge, which got me thinking that mist could be used that way too in footsies to get unique whiff punishes, instead of using it purely as a defensive mechanism. Do we think that’s viable and a good use of health? I think it could be to blow up certain blockstrings and get the opponent that much more scared to press buttons.

Also just played another match against Sajam’s Kilgore. Starts at 1:35:00 (link)

Regarding the mist in footsies, I really don’t think you should use it that way. The health cost is far too great, and its animation is too lobg and has a too much recovery for that purpose. You’d just be gambling a chunk of health to try and get a very long move to whiff and try to punish it. Doesn’t seem like a good idea, IMO xD

I’ve realized that trying to play Mira when I’m frustrated is one of the absolute worst things I could do. Just got done with 8 bit beatdown and went 0-2 yet again, even after months of work. Main reason I lost was resorting to bad habits. My number one barrier to progression is my mental state while playing. I’m an emotional player and it’s tough to let your emotions get the best of you as Mira. Does anyone have any tips?

2 Likes

Had no idea 8bit was going on. I thought it ended? I would have signed up asap.

Don’t let it get to ya. I did the same when I played the online tourneys. Mira is already a fragile fighter, adding the nerves and pressure definitely brings out some nasty mess ups. I personally would mist for absolutely no reason and go for counter breakers even though mira never has much reason to go for them.

Advice would be to just up your defense. Go games and just play straight up defensively. Block and punish. I found it helped improve my over all reaction time against over heads and long block strings. Definitely helped me in my Riptor mu.

2 Likes

I feel like my problem is I tend to play too defensively sometimes and I play too safe. I tend to play by the book and smart instead of going crazy.

Speaking of playing defensively, I lost my match against UA Wheels on Kross Up today because I didn’t pressure him. Gonna post it tomorrow so we can break down what I did wrong

2 Likes

Since for some reason KI doesn’t store replays from Lobbys, I won’t be able to show you guys my first match against UA Wheels. But I can still show you guys the last two matches from the stream archive. Starts at 54:36 {link}

Ok I finished watching the matches. Good job on not misting on wake up all the time, nice. I think you did pretty well it’s just that you had to fight Dayton of all players and to top it off against Fulgore. Hard times fore sure. I did notice you went for some of the reaping mix ups without meter to back you up as well as some overuse of her recap. Gotta watch out for those. The recap i think is best when the opponent locks out against her juggles after the trephine ender. I go for something like LP>MK or LP>LK and if they lock out go for the recap, if it is necessary of course. Also when you did her instinct cancel during shadow blood seekers I suggest adding light bats before you go for the 1 chance breaker. It’s free damage and it allows the vampire mist to add I think 1 or 2 ticks.

Good stuff, I’d like to fight you one day. A battle of who kills themselves last lol.

Here is my set against Charlieboy as promised.

I’m currently in the process of mastering linker breakers so you’ll see me fail horribly at a lot of them. I think that was the reason I lost. I’ve played Charlieboy plenty of games before and we usually end up winning or losing by a hair. Not to mention some bad drops on my combos and some not too smart choices but nonetheless I had fun. Next set I won’t be dropping those linker breakers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone have any thoughts on the community tier list with Mira’s placing?

Her mu chart is pretty accurate, except for Sadira being even. More 4-6. As far as her placement on the tier list goes and how this chart was created, I’d say it’s an honest spot having her that far down. I say she’s a top tier fighter but based on this chart she doesn’t have a chance when most top tier fighters have more winning matches than losing.

Overall Mira really only has 3 to 4 losing matches. With currently 27 fighters I’d say that’s pretty good.

1 Like

I got a chance to play a long set against Thompson’s Jago last night! Was really eye-opening and made me really focus on how to approach the Jago matchup. I lost 17-3, but I never expected to be able to take 3 games off him, and some of the ones I did lose were really close. I’ll be posting it tomorrow, working on recording them now.

1 Like

I have some new tech I found while in the dojo (I spend a lot of my time there cause Mira be so fun and creative), this is only a scratch of what I’ve been finding but I wanted to share this to also give an update to my guide on Mira. I’ve been putting it off lately cause of work but I really want this guide to be out before World Cup so my plan is to release it sometime this week. My guide will include pretty much everything there is to Mira. From simple “press this button to do this” to “okay time this move so that this bat can blah blah”, pretty much from zero to hero lol.

Medium reaping causes a hard knockdown giving the bat enough time to be right on top of the opponent when they wake up, forcing them to block. Jump over them and mist once you are above them. The opponent is then forced to make a guess of which way to block. You can time the jump to be on the left of them or right, but if you manage to jump and mist directly above them, it becomes a complete guessing game for both of us. But Mira comes out on top (literally). If you notice at the 57 sec mark I was able to get it just right and Jago was turned the opposite direction!

Enjoy!

3 Likes