Mimic Skin requirements

I don’t feel bad at all for paying for my mimic skin. Not everyone has time or inclination to sink hours and hours into grinding - more power to someone if they value their time more than the $5-$7 (or whatever the hell 900 KI Gold works out to) it takes to just outright buy the skin.

I’m against microtransactions being exploitive or pay to win, but there’s nothing wrong with having purchase options for cosmetics. I wish KI had a lot more of them for people to buy.

2 Likes

I hear you bro, I watch your videos sometimes and I am NOWHERE near your skill level, so for someone like me it would probably take months to unlock that Fulgore skin, and I am not planning on buying more, just wanted that one I like the most, but I also definitely understand how it seems a bit disappointing from your point of view seeing ppl using these skins without even playing SL (I was lucky to play the early access so I still play SL daily, just btw)

My method is just to deploy characters on missions with mimics I want then skip days, repeat until Gargos shows up, then murder him with a team of Killer guardians.

I may kill a few Omens on the way, but I only need to kill 2-3 to have a good chance of winning.

1 Like

I guess the good thing about these “defeat gargos” requirements is with being able to end your turn, all you really have to do is fight omens and then Gargos…and the omens are really only optional if you want to make Gargos easier. So you don’t have to go through 50+ fights each time to get to Gargos to get the skins. In fact, with whoever has the 15 defeats requirement would only need 75 matches, which sounds like a lot, but it’s not that much.

Only bad thing is, if you have the 5, 10 or 15 defeat requirement, you really have to be at a solid level with those characters or they will be destroyed, or you need to be good enough with the 2 other characters to compensate for that one weak member in your team…

I’m not good with RAAM, Omen, Gorgos or Arbiter, and Rash while fun to play is pretty YOLO in my hands, so still not great…

So far I’ve unlocked’ via mimic wins:

Aria
Ka rah
Tj
Rash
Tusk
Jago (the retro is my favorite skin so far)
Sadira

I’m real close on several others. I’ve been just playing like this: i only deploy fighters against mimics i need. I only fight the omens. I supreme or perfect gargos every time with rash, on normal difficulty. It takes me about a half hour to complete a go through. It’s a grind but it’s so easy now that omen and gargos are free to me. Killer snake guardian ftw.

The only thing that sucks about deploy is failing a mission with 91% chance of success just because you didn’t want to spend a gibraltar shield to reach that 100%

3 Likes

I swear those percentages are bs. I fail on 88% deploys more than I succeed. Coming from Fire Emblem that is very irritating to me.

1 Like

From a Fire Emblem player like myself, I know your pain very well, I take the risk from time to time, but since I don’t mind farming the relics, Astral Gems, etc. I spend some of those items and guardian power to get free victories, So far I only have unlocked 4 Mimic Skins (the ones that need 10 Mimic KO’s and General RAAM by defeating Gargos 5 times) I will do it via the old fashioned way (defeating Mimics and Gargos and never use KI Gold for the Skins).

Mimic skins I’ve unlocked (legit):
-Glacius
-Sadira
-TJ
-Maya
-Kan-Ra
-Omen
-Cinder
-ARIA
-Kim Wu
-Arbiter

I know their once wasa time I sent shadow jago out it was 99% and he still lost like what

I’m about 9 (maybe 8) Gargos defeats away from finishing out all the Defeat Gargos characters’ mimic skins.

Looking at this from the money side; 18,000 Gold is $40. Each skin costs 900 Gold. That means you get 20 skins for $40. From this we find out, each skin costs $2.

If you were to buy every skin (including Eyedol’s coming soon), it would cost you $52.

Either way, $2 per skin is cheap as hell. Some of Capcom’s SF outfits cost $3-$5. Not to mention, you can earn these skins just from playing.

1 Like

I never simulate battles cuz I’m not sure if deploying actually give you credit for the mimic skin.

It does :grin:

1 Like

Anyone know if you have to beat gargos as gargos in order for it to count towards the mimic skin and not just have be a part of the team when you do beat with someone else.

Just part of the team. The fighters you need mimic wins with (ie. 30, 50, 75 or100 wins) get 5 wins just for being on the team that beats gargos.

Okay then thanks.