Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Shadow Lord Bless you

1 Like

I also liked X8, but X7 was such a letdownā€¦ it burned to the ground lol! I only got to play MM zero 3 (out of all the zero games), hard but very fun.

2 Likes

X7 was a hot mess. X5-6 kinda was too. They were basically one game just split in two. Still, I like Axle the Red from X5. :3

MMZ3 is probably the best of them all, imo. But the four games are all part of one story, so if you enjoyed MMZ3 I would recommend you played through the whole series.

If Zero makes it to MvC:I, I hope to see a MMZ skin for him.

1 Like

Of all the screwball things they did with the X series one thing that still bugs me is how in X5 they blew off the naming pattern they had established in previous games of ā€œelement animal/plantā€ to give every character some sort of Gunsā€™nā€™Roses reference.

#and for the 1 character that could have filled both requirements, they completely botched it!!!

I mean seriouslyā€¦Axle Rose!! Itā€™s so friggin obvious!!

SMDH :unamused:

1 Like

It was only in the Western version of the game, as in Japanese he was named Spike Rosered. All the bosses had proper MMX names, but for some reason they thought that the NA version should have names referencing rockstars. XD

To this day, I still laugh at duff mcwhalen.

Now speaking about the Mega Man X series, did any of you noticed that two of the Mavericks/Maverick Bosses have almost identical names just with different creature/animal names at the same time and specifically those two were: Storm Eagle and Storm Owl?

So what happened there? Were the developers running out of OR lacking in the ā€œoriginal namesā€ department for the later MMX games? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that.

1 Like

I actually think that would be harder to pull off. Youā€™d have to get Ninja Theory on board too. Plus, why not use what you already have? Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve seen from this roster so far (very few new characters lol)

I believe Capcom has the rights and the license, not Ninja Theory, so they could easily put him in the game. Also, I said this in a comment just a few below the one you quoted:

*Shrug *They may have been wanting to reference a similarity between the 2.

I know in X5 Squid Adler (Volt Kraken is so much better) makes references to Launch Octopus, so maybe same thing with the Storm birds?

2 Likes

It was the wife of one of the devs working on the bosses who suggested they had rocker names, and capcom liked it and rolled with it.

2 Likes

I think this article may help explain why the X5 bossesā€™ names reference Guns Nā€™ Rosesā€¦

2 Likes

Just goes to show you, if you are going to jump into the 5th iteration of any franchise, do your research over what youā€™re working on before you decide to make any drastic changes. :smirk:

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking at that thread and am simply amazed that people can be so concerned about the names of Mega Man bossesā€¦ seems pretty ridiculous to me.

" I much would have preferred say Spiral Pegasus over The Skiver or Burn Dinorex over Mattrex. "

Seriously, people should say things out loud to themselves before writing them down to help prevent idiocy.

2 Likes

Would it help if everything I had posted had been said by Jerry Seinfeild in a stand-up routine?
ā€œAnd whatā€™s the deal with Mega Man X boss names?ā€

Eh, any time anyone ever vents any mild irritations it sounds like theyā€™re blowing the whole thing out of proportion. :confused:

1 Like

Itā€™s not that (and I wasnā€™t talking about you) itā€™s the specificity. People are arguing in favor of terrible names (Burn Dinorex?) to be in line with the other terrible names in the series just to prevent anything different because it ruins Mega Man to have guns and roses references. It all just seems inconsequential. :rose:

1 Like

Mega Man X4 was the best Mega Man X game. That is all :slight_smile:

I will give X5 credit for having that dope beginning to its intro video though. :thumbsup:

1 Like

X4 had the best music too imo