Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

.#Rashid4MVCI

3 Likes

Another husbando of mine, tbh. :3

1 Like

Oh manā€¦

Somebody made this. Thought it was funny lol

9 Likes

If the Down, Down motion has replaced the SRK completelyā€¦ well, honestly, Iā€™m not sure I wanna get this game then.

Clearly their plan is to combat teabagging by causing down down to give you a DP which your opponent can then punish for free.

Also, i guess spinal has a DP now.

3 Likes

took me a minute before i got it, lol.

yeah, hearing about the double-down SRKs soured my potential hype a lot more than i expected it to. i really just donā€™t know how i feel about that change. it sounds awful and ripe to so many potential problems. but the only way we can actually know is to playā€¦ but i dunno if i wanna play anymore :weary:

I have a feeling a lot of the oversimplified controls have to do with pulling in the fans of Marvel tap-tap-swipe phone fighting games so they can have their mindless fun without the bog-down of 20+ years of fighting game standards that have been drilled into our heads as FG veterans to the point that we donā€™t even think about doing a DPā€¦it just happens.
Whewā€¦long sentenceā€¦
Anyway itā€™s hard to say if itā€™s a good thing or not. I mean i understand the idea of making a game easy to approach for noobs, but at the same time if they want to create a FG with any sort of deapth somewhere along the way thereā€™s going to be that chasm of understanding that better players are going to be able to cross but the noobs will be left scratching their heads wondering how they did it.
If anything a decent tutorial akin to KIā€™s (debatable I know) would likely do a much better job of getting a noob up to par than changing FG control standards to suit the phone fighter crowd.

ā€¦but thatā€™s just me.

1 Like

I think people in general are over reacting.

1-its not a final build (heck, maybe itā€™s very early press build)
2-Not official confirmation
3-MvC3 had simple mode, but was very limiting and lots of stuff wasnā€™t available. What if this is simple mode and you canā€™t do all the stuff with it?
4-If this was a press release, well, letā€™s face it, videogames journalists which are good/decent at Fg are not frequent. Do you (capcom) wanna make a press gameplay release where most of the people canā€™t use some chars key moves? This could be a specific build to allow these people to get more juice about the game earlier, not being limited by their lack of execution

2 Likes

Yeah, on one hand, I can understand why some new players might enjoy having an easier input. On another hand however, I understand the feeling of finally getting it down and I think that feeling was well integrated in Smash Bros (although people still complain about how they canā€™t do it lol). I honestly think people are over-reacting though tbh. In the end, itā€™s just an input change. Itā€™s not like they made the move HARDER to use (SFV losing invulnerability).

One thing I will say though is that buffering this is going to be silly lol

Something tells me your going to be right.
I really hope not, the graphics look good,
and itā€™s got a roster of fighterā€™s with a long
history, and large fan-base.

If they nerf the controls that would be
such a mistake on there part, an injustice
to the genre.

SMASH IS CONFIRMED AS A FIGHTING GAME!

Marvel isnā€™t anymoreā€¦ Kappa.

2 Likes

^^^^^^^^^

When I was a kid, I spent hours trying to learn the DP motion. I would practice it, in my mind, at the dinner table. I would try to hit DPs even if it didnā€™t make sense to do it while playing SF2 just to show that I could. I can now do a DP pretty much in any game at any time in any direction on any controller. So what? I really donā€™t understand - beyond mental rigidity - why everyone is so attached to complex controller inputs. We all claim we want a big game with a big scene and lots and lots of people playing but then we say ā€œyeah, but they need to get good.ā€ Is what we really want a bunch of people being impressed by our ability to do stuff they canā€™t do in fighting games?

I donā€™t have any experience with D,D for DPs (and it seems like a strange choice), but people need to not freak out about new control schemes. If you want to play a game, learn the control scheme. Simple as that.

4 Likes

what is a dp? I probably know how to do it but donā€™t know what itā€™s called.

Ey, now people would be teabaging to buffer the dps!

For one side, I would actually would love to see this, so all people who are weak to teabagging goes insane xD

sorry, DP=Dragon Punch = Shoryuken. :arrow_right::arrow_down::arrow_lower_right:

1 Like

oā€¦kā€¦

Wow, the things people get attached to. Huh, if itā€™s that iconic, youā€™d think capcom would have copyrighted it.

The only issue with this is that dpā€™s now auto correct. For example, if the opponent is doing a cross up, you would have to do the dp in the opposite direction. Now, it would do the dp on both sides which doesnā€™t make cross ups as good.

Yeah, thatā€™s a problem in MvCs games, since with air dashes and assists itā€™s hard to deal with pressureā€¦

Wait a minuteā€¦

1 Like

https://vid.me/EV6z/mvci-gameplay

3 Likes