Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Why don’t we wait and see how it works in the game before we start freaking out? While I’m ambivalent to the change, maybe it’ll work with how the game flows, maybe it won’t and they will add the input before release. We just can’t tell because we have little to no idea about the gameplay.
I feel like the roster will start with 20, plus the 6 DLC. There will probably be another set of DLC down the line, like everyone else seems to be doing. The trailer was a bit weak to me, disjointed because it tried to do too much revealing more about both the story and characters.
That edition with the collectibles is really attractive though (not the Infinity Stones, the figures).

Where did this gameplay footage came from? Is this a leak or something?

I really like how the dead teammates remain on the screen after death.

1 Like

Yeah I think it got leaked out. I saw keits tweet out the YouTube version but it got taken down

1 Like

Ultron looks cool!..He has sort-of assists as special moves i guess which is really cool

Ultron also seems to also have some similar moves to Nova in UMVC3

Chun-li got her level 3 back from Tatsunuko vs Capcom I see :grinning:

1 Like

Okay, so I noticed in the first clip of that “leaked” gameplay (which is Hawkeye vs. Thor), there are icons/letters just below their lifebars, which say HC and V. Quite obvious enough that HC means Hyper Combo while V means Victory…is this telling us that MvC: Infinite will have best-of-rounds system just like the dank PS1 ports of XMvSF, MSHvSF, and MvC1?

This gameplay remind me of Tatsunoko vs Capcom’s gameplay. I love it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do the graphics look the same as MVC3???

Nah

The infinity stones seem to be based heavily on the revenge/ ultra combo gauge from the Street fighter IV series which is cool

So based on the footage this is what i think each stone will do

Time Stone (green):
-Natural ability: Gain an invincible dash (Similar to M.Bison, Shadow Jago or Jill)
-Super ability: Gain a speed buff and less recovery on all moves (like Yun’s Genei Jin)

Power Stone (Pink):
-Natural ability: Causes a wall bounce and extends combos
-Super ability: Not too sure but it possibly allow you to OTG off of all your moves or you can just constantly wall bounce with the stone?

Space Stone (Blue):

• Natural ability: Again not 100% sure but it looks like it slightly pulls the opponent towards you
    -Super ability: Causes a Blue Cube to surround the opponent and boxes in the opponent, meaning push-back from combos will not take any significant effect

Mind Stone (Yellow): TBA
Reality Stone (Red): TBA
Soul Stone (Orange): TBA

Considering the (huge) amount of reused animations from mvc3, not making a huge roster is unacceptable

Seems very similar to mvc3, but with sfxtk amount of wallbouncing

1 Like

I’m on the side that SFXT was really fun to me. So I’m glad. Still skeptical though. I hope they don’t dumb it down too much where it feels like SFV, in the sense where there isn’t much creativity in combos.

1 Like

It’s very well edited. Probably a press video that Capcom was showing behind closed doors (or intends to show in the future).

I think the game looks slower than UMVC3 (which I like) and seems a bit less overwhelming with stuff flying all over the screen. I actually sort of enjoyed SFXTekken, although I didn’t play it a whole lot. So this looks okay to me even though I’ve never been a MvC fan.

@Dayv0 at some point I need some tutoring. I picked up MvC3 on Xbone and my son uses the Demon from Demon’s Quest (Fireflash) on easy input mode and I just can’t beat all his air dives, lol.

2 Likes

SFxTekken was a good game imo but was killed off because of a few bad decisions Capcom made. I really wished SFxTK had another chance. The idea of tag team in tournaments is a very interesting idea that I would’ve liked to see advance over time. Hopefully, MvCI has this.

Seems like there is a dp motion after all?

7 Likes

I’m sure the whole down down thing is just an easy mode

Ah, good to know.
This is why people should not believe in supposed “leaks” until there has been an official statement confirming it. In this case, it was deconfirmed. Fortunately. ^^

1 Like

Yo no Laura Bailey as Chun-Li?

1 Like

Still skeptical. Looks fun though.

Johnny cage is that you? O_o