Mandrill's Art book! (Updated with the roster)

Awesome your creativity and exploration are inspiring

1 Like

1 Like

Very good. Very good.

1 Like

Very pirate-like :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I was going for :smiley:

Overall it’s good, although there are some things that call my attention:

I assume his magic abilities comes from magical experiments, but how did they started to be used? When did he develop all this skills? After Trish dead? Did he trained himself?

So, Sam’s dad is dead, and Trish is dead. What’s the motivation of the character? What’s his objective? Does he want’ to know who killed Trish? Now that he is free, will he look for revenge? Against who? His dad died 10 years ago, so investigating his father death will be hard. And Trish is already dead, so I don’t see an inmediate motivation for him. This is key, since this motivation is what moves him into completing his goals.

Yeah
 right now this book is still the really early stages of work in progress. So this is good feedback!

1. Yes, that’s where they came from.
  2. He knows he has them, but was never able to hone his powers due to Trish’s strict nature.

You will will find out who killed Trish next bio I put down.

As for his objective
 I have a couple Ideas
 Unclear on which one though
 :confused:

The biggest one involves Finding a lost city and the artifacts that lie in it’s walls (He would either hear about this from Trish or his dad)

I’ll edit the Bio when I get a confirmed objective.

Ideas are welcome though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gonna get the next backstory up hopefully tonight or tomorrow!

Also gonna tag @AquariusDragon0 because I believe she is a writer and a damn good one at that!

Maybe she could provide insight :smiley:

I’m flattered. It’s not everyday I get tagged to help a fellow writer. You must’ve read my story at some point

1 Like

Indeed! :smiley:

Hi guys Random bad update

I loss a bunch of files for this story and don’t have enough of them to get back on track unfortunately.

I guess it was fate for better or worse because I was losing interest anyway.

It Just didn’t work out I suppose and Writers Block doesn’t REALLY help either. But DON’T, I repeat DON’T worry. I do have a backup plan.

In the meantime, hang tight. I’ll get through this!

2 Likes

Off My hiatus of the book.

SO YAY!

Be back soon with updated drawings and backstories.

3 Likes

Quick question to my forum homies!

Remember Howakhan?

This guy:

Well he is a Wendigo and I Might be updating his design and thought of a simple idea

Should he have Deer/Elk Antlers like how some Wendigo are depicted in fiction or no?

Is he fine the way he is or should he have those antlers?

@WandaMaximoff @Fwufikins @KevBones10 @KIFANATIC8488 @MasterStone1994 @Dayv0 @AquariusDragon0 @BblackorchidD @oTigerSpirit

5 Likes

Interesting choice of design btw, this is first seeing this one.

Looks fine as it is, addition designing is up to you. I’ve seen some takes on Wendigo without having the antlers. Like the ones from Until Dawn or this

2 Likes

I think it’s fine without the antlers. When I first looked at that picture, I thought of the antlers, but then I realized that it’ll look weird.

1 Like

Glad you think so!

Yeah I might just keep the antlers off.

Just wanted some input. Thanks my fellow forum folks.

If it were, antlers could be accessories

I love the main aesthetics

Pale skin blood stains rotted teeth
Feral stance

Wild nature

1 Like

I actually do try to give them colors. In Illustrator albeit and why not the best job it could give you an idea of what they colors they have.

Would you guys like to see them?

Personally with OR without antlers for your Wendigo character is perfectly fine by me now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another Update the next character is one we have drawn already but with a new design altogether:

Coda

I just didn’t like this one so
 We’re updating it.

But to give you an idea about personality:

Old, Primitive, and tired

Watch till 2:16

2 Likes