Mandrill's Art book! (Updated with the roster)

Welp… Unfortunately nothing happening this week.

Sorry peeps. Lost the file.

These are cool to see! Love all the character variety. :]

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Random update appears!

The next backstory is still not ready no.

It’s gonna take some more time to do this so… no more backstories every friday unfortunately.

Also my dad hasn’t really had time to draw more. But we are getting back into the swing of things soon.

That’s all folks. :smiley:

3 Likes

So I was thinking a lot about Bandro today…

And I’m thinking of swapping him out with someone else :slight_smile: he will not be gone just from the main cast and will not be missed… probably

If this works out:

I present to you his replacement!

Indri The Warrior

2 Likes

Also with these three drawings?

Can you find a pattern?

Hint: They all have something in common

Hint 2: Look at the primates indigenous to Madagascar.

Indri

Bandro

Mirza

2 Likes

Your dad should draw Jester character for next time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We did at one point! I’ll get the picture up later.

Edit: I should mention that it was fan-art of a character that isn’t my own.

1 Like

These are really cute love them! Your dads amazing

2 Likes

Just wanted to let everyone know something:

My writing is on a Hiatus right now :confused:

I just need some time away from the complexity of this BIG BIG book.

However I am currently in the works of a smaller story as of right now. And I’m drawing the characters too.

But I want some feedback from a select few.

I will explain in the morning because well… It’s 11:11 pm. At least where I’m from :sleepy:

Edit: Five days late :confused:

#SOON

@Dayv0 @oTigerSpirit @KevBones10 @Fwufikins @oDragonSpirit @R1stormrider @BblackorchidD @OhAnodyne @WandaMaximoff

9 Likes

Please be a Jester. Please be a Jester. Please be a Jester…

I haven’t forgotten about that. :wink:

2 Likes

Uh oh!
What’s this upcoming!!!

Excitement!

1 Like

7 Likes

Have you ever considered drawing your own comic? Also have you drawn any dragons that I might have missed?

I’m a Huge dragon fanatic

A graphic novel would be too much pressure on the both of us unfortunately…

No, But one of the next few characters is part lion part dragon if that counts :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I should have a New thing up tomorrow or the day after.

But It’s coming!!!

3 Likes

#Soon #Youguysaintready

@Dayv0 @oTigerSpirit @KevBones10 @Fwufikins @oDragonSpirit @R1stormrider @BblackorchidD @OhAnodyne @WandaMaximoff @lewisthewizard
I’m probably overhyping this :confused:

But whatever. I’m having fun.

5 Likes
                           Samuel “Sam” Chadwick
                              The Spell Caster

Height: 6’
Weight: Unknown
Weapon: Cutlass and Pistol
Special Abilities: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Magic Spells
Special Attack: Raining Swords

Bio:

“I’m Free”

Born on farm, on an remote Island in the south , Samuel Chadwick was raised by his father Mack in a traditional way, like any father would do. However, After the Wicked War began, a war between the free people and the Wicked Folk, Mack was Drafted into the Military force to fight for their lands. He left Sam, at age 10, to tend the farmlands figuring he would return. 3 days later, Sam kidnapped by slave traders.

Sam was shipped off to an Island that was far away from the Wicked War, and was sold to a Witch named Trish. She recalled Sam’s father as “The one who got away” and said that would not happened to his son. For 6 years, Sam served as her thrall, a slave who was conscious but couldn’t resist or refuse an order from his/her’s master. He was treated extremely poorly, magically experimented on, and was not allowed to leave Trish’s home. Ever.

One day a military patrol came to her house and asked for Sam. An officer told him the war was over and the free folk lost. Sam asked about his father. The officer told him: “He died the first day of the war.” As he walked away Sam was devastated. He kept hoping his father would free him from this cage after he came back to him. 4 years later, In the break of dawn Sam woke up to a woman screaming. As he walked down from his attic he saw Trish on her bed, with a katana in her heart. Sam’s mind was buzzing like a bee. He thought many things: “Who killed her? What am I to do? Where do I go?” But one thought came through to surpass the others. I am Free.

Original Design vs Interpretation (I’m going to start posting my original designs that I’ve drawn, AND My Father’s Interpetation)
#Please Note my art is nowhere as nearly as great as Pops :

Original

Interpretation

Inspirations of the character:

Concept: Magicians/Pirates

Terra Bradford

Jean Grey

William Turner

John Constantine

So what do you think?

Feedback is appreciated!
@Dayv0 @Fwufikins @oTigerSpirit @oDragonSpirit @KevBones10 @BblackorchidD @lewisthewizard @MasterStone1994 @WandaMaximoff @SightlessKombat

7 Likes