Making the Music for Mira

As far as saying it goes, I agree.
Also, I’m sorta with you. Not counting the themes of Omen/Shago/Jago and Kan-Ra/Aganos, Mick’s music was pretty unique for each character. AP and Celldweller are doing good work, just doesn’t feel as distinct as Mick’s stuff.

1 Like

I don’t get this at all - so Rash and Mira’s theme featuring square-wave synth sounds equates to them “smearing their ego” on the project? And whose ego, AP’s or CD’s? But you dig 2/5 tracks regardless?

Sorry but this is a bit over the top.

It’s just blatantly obvious that their combined forte/preference is techno/rock, and Arby & Kim Wu’s themes reflect that well. But with Tusk and Mira, both tracks feel like they shoehorned in the electric instruments, in both they stick out like a sore thumb. Do you have that issue with Thunder’s theme? How about Spinal or Saberwulf? I keep pointing these out as examples because yes there are a lot of techno/rock elements in several tracks, but these in particular either don’t have them or don’t stick out like they don’t belong.

…And I know I haven’t mentioned Rash…his would be fine, but I’ve stated this in other threads: there was a lot of various tracks they could have pulled from when it comes to Battletoads…3 games worth at least… yet when you play in game, most of what you hear is the KI theme in chiptune.

This pretty much sums up my feelings about their tracks:

If you have a different opinion, that’s fine…this is mine.

Odd you would include Thunder in this list, because apart from the flute melody, the entire song is driven by very serious guitar work. I’d very much consider it a rock/alternative song.

It doesn’t see much different to me than putting guitar work into Tusk’s theme.

1 Like

I’m surprised I loved kims as much as I did
My thing was that arby & tusk sound similar and we’ve already heard gargos theme in fhe season 3 trailer-

Mick was just THAT good.

Looking forward to the fish guys theme

(waiting) lol

It’s hard to quantify, but with Thunder, it feels like it fit, like the guitar work was integral to the entire tune. With Tusk…not so much.

It’s kinda like in both cases they (Mick/ AP-CD) chose salsa to spice up the dish, but the difference is one dish was taco salad, and the other was spaghetti.

& these guys like their salsa on everything…

The Calabrese in me is absolutely horrified by the thought of salsa on spaghetti.

We’ll see. So far I like what they’ve been doing, but Mick has a lot more range.
I’ve said before that new music is a bit generic rock, not that I mind it a lot. But Mira’s track is great and strays furthest from this path compared to other new themes. If other themes are going back to generic rock, it is going to be a problem. Mick experimented a lot and bravely used different styles when composing music for S1 and S2, which made his work more unique and fresh, it also helps to flesh out even better the character and their stage, give them something no other fighter has.

So who was the famous singer in the soprano?

Not sure what this means, but if this is questioning the singer in the video, then if you type in “Jeanette” in Google (I have a varied search history, so keep that in mind), the third result in the auto-fill is Jeanette Vecchione, the person they hired for this song. World-renowned =/= “famous”…

Thanks!

What are your favorite themes from ki?

When will Gargos’ theme be revealed?

2 Likes