Make Orchid the Face of KI Again!

Jago and Fulgore were always the faces of KI. Just because Orchid was on the side of an arcade cabinet for KI2 doesn’t make her the face of the game. That’s like saying Spinal was the face of the first game, because of this:

… But he isn’t and never was.

That said, Orchid IS one of the main characters of the KI, and she was the one who killed Eyedol in the first game, being the tournament winner. And she will always be one of the front figures of KI. But she is more like the Chun Li where Jago is the Ryu. And Ryu is ALWAYS the face of Street Fighter, just like Jago is to KI.

4 Likes

How’s can she be the face if she can’t flush out Ultratech? Worst plumber ever.

9 Likes

Orchid isn’t significant enough to be the ‘face’ of KI nor does she deserve it.

1 Like

So we’re all in agreement, nerf orchid right? I mean, does the overhead really need to be throw invulnerable?

1 Like

So does Bb and I, yet we disagree with the OP. Not sure what your point is then.

1 Like

You beat me to the punch, it’s been how long since she started flushing down ultratech? Yet she wants to be the poster girl. I think that fulgore should remain the poster boy he seems more iconic than she does to me anyway.

1 Like

I think the point was that OP is biased towards Orchid because he mains her. So, naturally, he would like the character to get more love.

2 Likes

I’m kinda biased towards Shadow Jago and Spinal, but even I wouldn’t suggest anything like this. Pass.

But I main her too, so I should be biased as well? Yet I don’t see her as the face of KI.
So that’s a rather invalid statement.

I do want her to get a bit more love though, as in some graphical touch-ups to her model so it doesn’t look so outdated compared to the characters of season 2 and 3. But that’s a general thing for a good handful of the season 1 characters who need this.

1 Like

Plus Fulgore at least has experience with plumbing. Just ask Cinder when he invaded Twitter-

But yes, Fulgore looks far cooler than Orchid. He deserves it

I’m not saying you should be biased, I’m just making an educated guess as to what the point of the original comment was. That’s all. Now if you’ll all excuse me, it’s…

2 Likes

It’s not polite to answer on someone else’s behalf, especially when you don’t actually know the answer. I’m sure he can answer for himself. :wink:

Got it.
Allfutureinferences.exe deleted

1 Like

Orchid wasn’t and never has been the face of KI.

Honestly IMHO the only reason why Orchid ended up on the KI2 arcade cabinet is to show off her assets.

And by assets I mean the physics for the waving strands of hair on the characters they were able to pull off with the silicon graphics workstations.

But outside of the cabinets Fulgore has been KI’s main posterbot. And IMHO he personifies everything about the KI brand.

Orchid just personifies females in general and bad plumbing.

I mean if you’re going to go with “she was on the artwork for KI2!!” why not go with Gargos instead? I mean he was on the label for KI Gold cartridges. Why not let his bald, grinning a**face retro be KI3’s mascot?

5 Likes

This thread keeps getting better and better

1 Like

no its fine, he got it, as did a few others. When its obvious, I feel like anyone is allowed to answer.

if i said the sky is blue and you came in and said “is it!?”, really, anyone is allowed to pick that up :wink:

@DARKNIGHTSPIDEY thanks for the help bud, explaining the obvious can be tedious and i tend to shy away from it until they either do or do not conclude something themselves. Whether they disagree or agree is irrelevant, and it feels like that’s where he wanted to take the conversation, so… meh. Worse thing that can happen is i miss out on a riveting argument about orchid mains.

…I think i can power through that loss though, maybe with prayer and meditation

1 Like

Now from what I’ve seen as well as gathered Fulgore was, still is, always has been, AND always will be the face and at the same time the (official) mascot of Killer Instinct and overall of the KI series ever since the beginning starting with AND back in KI1 :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Pretty sure Orchid was never the face of KI.

1 Like

Nope, just the hair of KI, and the booty…