Lore Based Facts About Riptor!

FACT#1: Riptor’s gender was unknown in the first KI seeing as
Riptor laid eggs, but also wasn’t immune to Orchid’s flash finisher. However with the start of the new KI we now know she is a girl. That means that Riptor is probably the first gay (wanted to use the L word but the forum hides the word like it’s taboo or something of a curse word):confused: dinosaur in games, like ever.

FACT#2: Riptor is highly intelligent and completely understands human speech, the only reason she can’t respond is due to the fact she is a dinosaur.

FACT#3: Even thought Riptor’s appearance is that of a dinosaur she also have human DNA which explains her intellect.

FACT#4: Riptor use to launch acid out of her mouth in the original KI, but that was changed to fire with the release of S2.

FACT#5: According to SL Ultra Tech feeds Stalkers goats.

FACT#6: It is also said in the Stalker manual that stalkers have hypnotizing glares.

FACT#7: Dr.Gupte, the creator of the stalkers linked her mind to the stalkers before going insane and becoming the dinosaurs dinner.

FACT#8: Riptor can whip her tail at a speed if 5 meters per sec. As a black mamba strike.

5 Likes

You Know… I’m starting to see the value of these Facts… GIVE ME MOAR !!! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I know these are mainly for fun, but I would like to point out that while KI3 takes inspiration from the first 2 games, they really have no shared canon. I say this, because from my understanding they never actually said what Riptor’s gender was in KI1, the game itself always referred to Riptor as “it”.
Obviously though, Riptor is ripped straight from Jurassic Park where all the dinos were specifically engineered female, but still…hard to call it a “fact” when the base info isn’t exactly solid.
…that being said I will gladly pull my complaint if someone can show me proof with no uncertainty that KI1 Riptor was established as a girl.

2 Likes

Considering that KI came out in the same era the Godzilla 98 came out, Riptor could have reproduced A-sexual. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Riptor used to be a repitilian bio weapon. She had dino DNA, but she also had snake features. I miss that…The same way I miss how badass Wulf used to look in the older games.
Not saying they don’t look fine now, but they give a different feeling of what they used to give. Their moveset though, it’s more loyal to their original ones, which is fine.

You can see how her tongue design is relating her more to snakes rather than a Jurassic Park Raptor like she is now

https://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2741/96839-hi.jpg

Retro skins? I don’t like most retros…They don’t honour the old ones, but I don’t hate them either. New game- new looks. Ok…
Would have loved better retros anyway u_u

:thinking:
That’s because she was horrified by human anatomy :grin:

6 Likes

As far as the retros go, I liked the way the design looked. I wasn’t a fan of the segmented tail for the retro look but I became more open to it with time. especially when the retros use the same Rigging system as the default characters,

Also @Donvinales2

Technically you add the human and dinosaur intelligence (the raptor one) you ave a very smart animal for sure.

3 Likes

Not to mention the Cobra Hood in her No Mercy.

1 Like

According to the players guide on SNES Biography for Riptor it’s referred to him his and he in the biography. He’s been a male. Reptilian Ferocity with Human Cunning. Meaning he’s intelligent. Usually you have to dig through a lot to find characters backgrounds etc. In fiction. They may never discuss the gender in the game. But the lore of the game in the guide discussed it here. Which is canon I might add.

1 Like

To be fair, it’s very possible that Riptor could technically be more of a hermaphrodite due to its being able to reproduce asexually.

Eh not so. Killer Instinct Ending states Ultratech plan creating an engineered weapon have escalated beyond even their control. By toying with the laws of nature. Ultratech has doomed the human race. Dinosaurs once again ruled the Earth. That’s if Riptor would had won making his ending true. But in Killer Instinct 2/Killer Instinct Gold a sequel TJ Combo killed Riptor. So that ending technically never happened. Which is canon I might add.

Eh not so. Killer Instinct Ending states Ultratech plan creating an engineered weapon have escalated beyond even their control. By toying with the laws of nature. Ultratech has doomed the human race. Dinosaurs once again ruled the Earth. That’s if Riptor would had won making his ending true. But in Killer Instinct 2/Killer Instinct Gold a sequel TJ Combo killed Riptor. So that ending technically never happened. Which is canon I might add.

Yeah, though by the looks of it, he didn’t get off of it unscathed. It cost him a eye and gave him a scar too. He probably would’ve died if it wasn’t for some medical practices that are clearly better than any in history.

2 Likes

That’s why I say that Riptor could be an intersex or a hermaphrodite. While technically speaking certain species that reproduce asexually are usually female, in the case of Riptor, there’s nothing to really suggest that it isn’t such a thing since it seems to reproduce through parthenogenesis given the presence of eggs. At least, in its ending.
Unless Ultratech had created vat-produced Riptors en masse and just suddenly released them onto the world, it’s safe to say that Riptor could be hermaphroditic.

Indeed.

Oh I agree lol. Just shows you TJ Combo boxing skills killed a lethal reptilian creature that has human cunning involved.

I say it was never shown Riptor to be anything other than male. You can’t go around and use your own head canon and assume without actual proof like I’ve shown. I do believe Ultratech created a bunch of Riptors of different sexes and it got beyond their control. Who says they couldn’t create other Riptors outside of their original? It clearly states in the ending they created an engineer weapon that’s beyond their control. Meaning they must of created more than one Riptor. Ain’t no way one Riptor could doomed humanity after a Boxer kills him in KI2/Gold. You need obviously more than one. Anyone with guns would had killed a Riptor.

But it wasn’t easy. He also had stuff from the implants as well. If he was just an average (even if a skilled boxer) Riptor would’ve killed him by now.

Not to mention that riptor was a creature that could spit venom run at insane speed basically has literally hook shaped claws on each toe, even on the spur.

2 Likes

You’re right. I forgot about his cybernetic arms lol. Still had to be skilled to do it with those arms. It’s not venom. More like acid.

The eggs say otherwise.

This has nothing to do with “head canon”, this is based on what’s shown in the game. In this case, it showed Riptor was capable of reproducing, potentially asexually. And like I said before, in nature, species that reproduce asexually are typically female, but in the case of Riptor, it is possible that it is more of a hermaphrodite with both male and female traits.

Okay, now you’re the one using your own personal head canon. While it admittedly might be possible Ultratech had created Riptors of different sexes, that was never indicated at all in the game, nor in Riptor’s ending. The ending sort of had an “Aliens” vibe which seemed to indicate that the Riptors were reproducing asexually, and at a rate faster than anyone could have anticipated.

Indeed. Unless Riptors breed rapidly like locusts asexually or bites and scratches cause their own victims to become Riptors themselves, sort of like werewolves in the movies, there isn’t much to indicate that Riptor would have been a doomsday weapon like in its ending.

Also the scorpion-like tail as well.

One. The ending of Riptor isn’t canon which I actually debunk and two. It was stated on the Super Nintendo Biography of the Character in the Players Guide Riptor is referred to him he and his so get over it he’s not a female. Nintendo and Rare worked with each other so that’s canon itself. Stop going around saying he can change his sexuality when he obviously he can’t. You’re going against Word Of God there. Now if you want to say the remake is female. Fine say that. But the original according to the players guide isn’t. So that’s that. End of discussion on that one. You can’t go around using head canon to justify a non canon ending. That’s like Sabrewulf ending in the original KI states he obtained the cure. When in KI2/Gold it’s stated he was badly hurt in the tournament implying he never won. Proving his ending in the first game wasn’t canon if that character would had won. Same with MK Endings. Sure in the First Game. All the characters had different endings. Only 1 true ending was Liu Kang being brought up in the MKII Introduction of the game. Those an example. Not my fault you can’t accept Riptor was male the entire time and never owned the players guide of the SNES Game of KI to know these things.

Well it was stated in the guide he’s reptilian ferocity and human cunning. I don’t know why his tail looks like that. But one of his danger moves turns his opponent to ash. Implying it was acid of some type.