Lore Based Facts About Riptor!

Example of Fulgore Ending in Killer Instinct. Supposedly he was successful in the Tournament and mass Production can begin

Please, it’s not the “Word of God”. We are talking about a creature, a reptilian/human hybrid - who is to say that it is “purely” male? Sure, it has the strong muscular build of a human man, but in nature sexual dimorphism can exist where one sex or the other is bigger and stronger than the other. In some instances, the female of the species are bigger and deadlier. For example, praying mantises, scorpions, certain species of spiders, anacondas, pythons, boa constrictors, etc. Also, considering the fact that Ken Lobb, the creator of KI, confirmed Riptor to be female along with Kev Bayliss, the point still stands, so your arguing “word of God” is moot. I’m just pointing out that even if Riptor is identified as being a “male” based on what’s written in a Player’s Guide, he could still technically be more of a hermaphrodite due to its inhuman nature. This has nothing to do with “head canon”.

That is not the same thing at all. Yes, Riptor’s ending is non-canon, BUT, staff at Rare and Ken Lobb have referred to Riptor as being female.

I kind of figured the tail was meant to evoke the Xenomorph from “Aliens”. I mean, think about it - it has the scorpion-like tail, the acid spit, plus the ending in KI1 with the eggs. While certainly “Jurassic Park” was a partial inspiration for the character, I’d wager that “Aliens” was also a potential source of inspiration for the character as well along with snakes/cobras.

Again, not quite the same thing. Yes, the endings are non-canon, BUT, they do reveal aspects of characters that in some ways informs future entries. So, in the case of Fulgore, the end cutscene showed how easily replaceable he is; even though he could have won the tournament, in the end, he was just another product created by Ultratech, one to be mass produced and sold to the highest bidder, then set aside to make way for some newer and deadlier product once it outlived its usefulness. Likewise, in the case of Sabrewulf, obviously he doesn’t get the cure in future titles, but it does allude to his desperation as a character. In the case of Cinder, it could be argued that his ending in KI1 COULD still have occurred given how vague his fate was in KI2, which only mentioned Glacius “slaying” him, but it does not indicate as to how, so, technically, he could have potentially gotten away, if not continued being held captive by Ultratech. Orchid, obviously she doesn’t destroy Ultratech, but it does raise some questions about her in terms of who she is and the party that she represents. For all we know, the people she works for are potentially more corrupt and evil than Ultratech. Hell, there’s nothing to really indicate that Ultratech’s destruction would even be for the better; for all we know, Ultratech’s demise is something that would create opportunities for even worse people/corporations as they attempt to fill the void.

Dude. Re read the biography of Riptor in The Players Guide again of Killer Instinct. What does it say? Does it reference to him his and he? And Kevin Lobb could be talking about the remake version of Riptor. When Rare was with Nintendo and they worked with Nintendo. It was stated he was male. Nothing changed at all. Besides if it was female. Question. How would Riptor by itself get pregnant? Your argument is moot again bro. I think you can’t accept an old biography of a players guide for the entire move list he was male. Once again Rare written it while being with Nintendo. That itself proves in the OG Version he’s a male. Arguing against word of God and stop bringing up a non canon ending. Nobody cares about eggs cause he died against Combo which I proved.

Yeah but it never happened. Here’s Fulgore Biography in KI2/Gold

One Cinder died in the original KI. Nothing of that aspect proves anything due to Glacius Biography at all in KI2/Gold. Plus it would make sense it was in the first game cause it talks about it he must destroy Glacius. He didn’t cause he’s dead from the first tournament.

But again, the vagueness of how he died in 2/Gold makes it possible (in theory) that he could have potentially survived. Just because the Player’s Guide states that Cinder was tasked with destroying Glacius doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s dead, only that he failed in his task. Unless there’s a cutscene that explicitly shows Cinder’s corpse, his exploding, or dying, it’s very possible for his KI1 ending to be canon. At least, in theory.

Ever heard of parthenogenesis?
Parthenogenesis - Wikipedia
Nature is full of strange phenomena. Cut a worm up to pieces, and those pieces will regrow into other worms. Some species can change sex from female to male or vice versa, and are able to reproduce.

No I can accept that he was male, and for a long time I always thought of Riptor as male, but by the same token, though, the ending did allude to Riptor being able to reproduce, which in itself is unusual. Even if you scream “it’s not canon!”, the ending is relevant to the character in terms of what he/it is and, from all indications, it does seem that Microsoft took that ending into consideration when they were rebooting the game. Like I said before, it could be a male, but at the same time, it is probable that it was something of a hermaphrodite since we’re talking about a genetically created reptilian hybrid, something with both male and female traits. So, a ‘“he”, but a very unusual he’, to paraphrase Matthew Broderick from that trash Zilla movie from '98.

But again, that shows his replaceability. He’s essentially a walking gun, a weapon, easily replaceable and reproduceable, and 2/Gold re-enforced that point even more by introducing this upgraded version of Fulgore.

I’m pretty sure there was something earlier which made mention of Riptor being female before 2013. And just to correct you, the 2013 version wasn’t a “remake” per se, but more of a reboot. At least, during Season Two; during Season One, some of the devs at Double Helix were referring to KI2013 as KI3.

Glacius’s bio in KI2 states a descendent slayed a fiery being. Implying Glacius did kill cinder in the tournament

I think part of that is because its the third instalment.

1 Like

Bro. You can’t be serious believing Cinder survived the original game? I feel like you’re trolling at this moment.

@Goth_guy @Evolution

Okay lets resolve this.

TL:DR

The word slay is a term used when someone is killed

Man slayer
slay the dragon
ect.

Regardless, we know Riptor was defeated in the original timeline but now Riptor is alive in this reboot.

1 Like

Well the guide from Rare did from Nintendo states otherwise man.

Yeah. Well reboot/remake. I never cared for it. Just the OG 2 Games. I don’t like some of the character designs. Example. Sabrewulf. He really doesn’t have Sabre Fangs like the Original and Sequel Game that makes him Sabrewulf. So yeah. Never cared for it. Plus the whole combo system etc. was basically a turned off too. If people like it cool. I don’t care about it on my end. Also the Rare Nintendo Players Guide is way before they said Riptor was female since the game itself is almost 20 years old before the reboot. That’s just my two cents on the matter at hand.

I’m glad you co-signed on this. Thank you very much on respecting what happened in the OG Games. Like even my boy Sabrewulf got beaten pretty badly in the Tournament. Like he barely made it out alive.

Yes, but again, it was never clear how, only that an ancestor to Glacius had “slain a fire being”, which is incredibly vague.

Not at all. Given the vagueness of the description, I was only pointing out that in theory it could have been possible for Cinder to have survived. There were no animated cutscenes showing his death, no depictions of his body, only a quick blurb about his supposedly being “slain” without going into detail as to how.

So? Just because it says so in a guide doesn’t mean that Riptor isn’t a hermaphrodite. The guide isn’t “the end-all source of sacred knowledge”. Who. The f uck. Cares? Is Riptor less cool for being female/intersex/not “purely” male? No. Whether Riptor is male, female or a combination of both, Riptor is a cool character regardless, one that needs to appear in more titles.

Not the same thing. There’s a difference.

Comparatively speaking, KI2013 imo was better than KI2/Gold, which kind of sucked in terms of story and characters, but it was nowhere near as good as KI1.

Same here. Some of the character designs are really good such as Maya, Fulgore, Eyedol, Glacius and Spinal. Riptor’s was disappointingly generic along with T.J.'s and Gargos. I thought Jago and Orchid’s designs were fine in terms of the context of their respective stories, but ideally I would have wanted something a little more narratively fulfilling. Cinder’s…it’s okay, but I’m kind of disappointed it’s not a visual spectacle like Glacius. And those fish lips on his mask.

He has fangs. I think his design is one of the better werewolf designs out there. I don’t think it’s the best or greatest werewolf design, but it’s far from being the worst (believe me, I’ve seen so, so, SO much worse).

I thought the combo system was an ingenious addition to classic KI, especially in terms of the Counter-Breakers.

At least your favorite survived enough to be in the sequel mine lost to TJ Combo and hasn’t appeared in anything until KI 2013’s season 2 DLC.

That character being Riptor.

As for the gender I dont think it was ever specific. The in game bio suggests it was an it.

Sense the genetic code was human and reptilian DNA it could be a mix of Dinosaur, Snake, and heck even lizard, like a Whiptail lizard which has some how been able to reproduce with out another of its kind.

For the record, I’m not taking sides just adding what I saw from the games.

Now one source refers to Riptor as an it in the original KI so it wasn’t specified. Personally you can go one way or the other on this one.

Well to be fair. Riptor was my second favorite character in the series. Yeah sucked he died by Combo. But I like Sabrewulf a bit more though. Also I saw he was referred to it a lot till Players Guide came out and boom out came the biography of his gender itself refers to he him and his implying male unless people are gonna say how dare you assume it’s gender lol. Jk. But those guide books help on the description of the characters itself. It’s like lost treasures that nobody knew except maybe a handful of people.

Idk. I liked Sabrewulf Design a lot in KI2/Gold. Shows more of a better description of his Sabre Fangs which the reboot lacked. That’s why I couldn’t get on board. FYI First and second game had better music than the one they came up with in the reboot.

and sense Riptor was absent in KI-2 I took it upon myself to see what would it look like if I made one.

2 Likes

That looks awesome!

Yeah, I liked his KI2 design as well. The reboot version still had fangs, I just don’t think they’re as thick(?).

Loved the music in the first game. Second game had some pretty good music in parts, but nowhere near as good as KI1’s stuff. In terms of KI2013’s music, some of the tracks are terrific. I think Spinal’s theme blows the original out of the water. Cinder’s theme is a wonderful take on his original theme. Jago’s, I think, solid track that is as good as his KI1 and 2 themes. Sabrewulf’s, better than his KI2 theme by a mile, but his KI1 theme is better. Riptor’s, I absolutely despised - KI1 all the way in terms of sound, theme and design. T.J. Combo - I never liked “Yo Check This Out”, but liked his KI2 theme, but holy hell his theme in KI2013 was phenomenal. Tusk - liked parts of it, but it’s okay. Not too crazy about a lot of Season 3’s themes, although I did like Eyedol’s music. Maya’s theme was awesome; even though the character always struck me as a generic jungle chick, I thought the redesign and theme song for her were very good, in some ways superior to the original. Glacius is also very good as well. Fulgore’s - liked it more than his KI2 theme, but it’s not as good as his KI1 theme. Orchid’s I thought was also very good.