Level 4 Ender Opinion Poll

what I like though is that it is level 4, not many player will achieve this multiple times in a match

I frekainā€™ LOVE IT!

It adds a new dynamic spin on the game and I donā€™t think itā€™s gonna that huge of a deal with the angle changing.

Besides since this game isnā€™t that dynamic to begin with when it comes to crazy awesome moves (ala no Ultimates) this kinda makes the initial game much more fun to do and it was already pretty fun to begin with.

Hell Iā€™m more motivated to do longer combos now even though I liked doing them already.

Besides how many of you guys really see level 4 enders in high competitive matches? probably not that many.

If things donā€™t change till then just do the attacks in practice mode and get yourselves adjusted. You have the ability to do that I think.

Now if they need to do some small adjustments to it, I wouldnā€™t mind this really.

Oh and @CRIS178 No matter how many times you say everything is the end all dead all it always will remain in opinion, your opinion is it looks like crap and my opinion is it looks like fun : P people can agree with said opinions but that is all they will ever be. The only truth that exists is oneā€™s own personal truth but that is still in fact: an opinion.

You and I may disagree but donā€™t expect to be challenged on said opinions : p

7 Likes

I really agree!! Without arguing so much, I find this extremely UGLY, this breaks the dynamics of the game, and it is inappropriate!!

And this supports no novelty in the gameplay, and in the new impact of an ender of level 4!

Canā€™t we just accept the VFX changes without having to question them. XD

1 Like

For some it may be understandbale, he effects may need a bit more polish. But I love the direction they are going for this.

It makes the fights way more dynamic than a slightly unnoticeable angle change. It really feels rewarding to pull off a level 4 ender now aside from the practical use we got a nice cherry on top!

3 Likes

I stand corrected.

Always be critical of, well, anything in life, really.
Making your own opinion about something makes you as an individual.

But when I say critical, I donā€™t mean ā€œhateā€ everything. Criticism can be good and constructive as well. Accepting everything thrown at you without questioning it just makes you one of the flock instead of making you an individual person. ^^

this whole forum is a minority, 55% of a minority is half of that minority.

(55% of the minority who actually voted.)

So when somebody says ā€œloud minorityā€ remember that ā€œsilent majorityā€ is also a minority of the overall fanbase.

2 Likes

Trust me, Iā€™m a very opinionated individual and I have a lot of problems with things in KI right now but it just feels like the forums in particular are a little to harsh and over-analytical of everything IG and MS does with KI right now. Lets at least get season 3 in our hands before we start begging for changes and the ability to toggle every feature in the darn game.

I am livid about the ā€œ3 stagesā€ in season 3 fiasco but Iā€™m giving them the benefit of the doubt and letting season 3 drop before I totally go ape scat and start screaming my lungs out about how much I hate the decision. By all means when season 3 drops post how much you hate every aspect of season 3 but until then just chill people.

4 Likes

That is indeed true. But we can only take in account of this forum when making a poll like this, unless we make one that is available to everyone online. And even then, we canā€™t expect everyone in the world who plays KI to vote in said poll.

So there is actually no way we can tell which side the ā€œsilent majorityā€ is on.

However, we use this forum as a platform to help out the devs, giving them the feedback and (sometimes) constructive criticism, telling them of our opinions about the game as we see it being developed and evolve. And we can do this by making polls like this one, which shows who within this platform are the majority.

Those who donā€™t speak up wonā€™t be heard.

True, we can only state our opinions on what we see, and what we see are things that are in development. When we get our own hands on it, it may feel different. But the reason the devs are showing us these things is because they want our feedback! If they didnā€™t want that, they would just release it without showing us anything.

As I said above, this forum is a platform for that feedback, and weā€™re here to discuss it.

I think we knew considerably less. S2ā€™s rollout was extremely barebones. Weā€™d seen TJ, but didnā€™t see Maya until very late, and didnā€™t get the S2 character trailer (such as it was) until super close to launch date. I remember a lot of posts about people saying how uncomfortable they were buying S2 in full without have any info about the rest of the roster - IG promised weā€™d get to see the cast before launch, but ā€œseeā€ was pretty relative (silhouettes), and the video didnā€™t drop until super close to the seasonā€™s actual release.

I think we had a stream or two showing off some of the new mechanics, but all in all S3 has been way more transparent/open than S2 was. We may or may not like what weā€™ve seen or been told, but theyā€™ve definitely been more forthright with us.

Woooow its funny cause they really do look tacky, its fact, how the on earth do people look past the many flaws of the new lv4 enders???

Now to explain: 1st off the frames drop during these combos, the duration of hit stop during these animations takes away from the hit stun animations present in everything else leading up to the ender, the black screen completely removes the vertical movements of DP enders and some the camera make it seem like the attacks are not even hitting the opponent.

1 Like

I guess (and hope) most concerns wil be dissipated if the next stream contains a new build.

If the enders improve, like the shadow moves have improved, the overall impression will change from bad to ok. (or at least to okay-ish in some cases)

I agree with you, there are a lot of things I think can be or should be revisited, but you have never seen me opening an epistle of complaints on every single peak at a new or changes aspect of the game as some of the forum members doā€¦

I see you and a few other members comments and share opinions on almost every post, then there are those who never participate in any constructive debate other than to post a 2 page rant over some complaint or the otherā€¦

Honestly, itā€™s making me want to stay away from the forumā€¦ Really is annoying & uninvitingā€¦ Kind of shows the maturity level of some of the people in here

1 Like

In his defense, he does it more constructive than others.

IDK. Compared to S2 (now that Iā€™m really thinking about it) we were just in a completely different situation.

Before S2 dropped we knew that IG had just taken the reigns like a few weeks / months prior as they had shown TJ at E3 (a 6 week old TJ) and were launching in early October (4 months away from E3). I donā€™t remember exactly what we got, but we new about the S2 changes, and had TJ to play with the month prior to release for those who had bought the Ultra Edition of S2.

Hold upā€¦

ā€¦though we were only getting 2 characters at launch, we knew at least 2 months in advance what the release date was, where in S3ā€™s case we just found out less than a month until release. We STILL havenā€™t found out pricing for S3 (less than 2 weeks to release), though back in S2 we new the price of S2, and we also knew that Stage ultraā€™s were coming too (a little thing to get hype about).

Donā€™t get me wrong, for S3 I think we know a lot regarding GP changesā€¦just like we did for S2ā€¦and we know half the cast, but as far as new things, pricing, release dates and all that, they have been keeping us in the dark. Iā€™m also weighing in time here as well, as in S2 we they working on about a combined 6 month time frame from getting the project to launch, where as in S3 they announced 9 months agoā€¦6 or 7 of which they were in a media black out. I realize ā€œvideo games are hardā€ which is why it would be stupid for me to get mad, but overall itā€™s just a drastic change and they arenā€™t being very forth coming.

I am agreeing with himā€¦ He is one of those that constructively speak on the pros & consā€¦

I understand.

*shrug * Difference of perspective I suppose. I was focusing more on the incremental progress of gameplay and developmental builds weā€™ve been able to see. Weā€™ve had a ton of looks at S3 so far, from KI World Cup to Keitsā€™ marathon play session to now-weekly exhibition sets over at MS. Thatā€™s the kind of info that gets me excited, as thatā€™s actual gameplay and mechanics and balance changes. For S2 we had textual streams and got to play TJ I guess, but by that logic we got to see Rash considerably further ahead of time, and get to mess around with new mechanics like stagger by way of Shago.

I wasnā€™t so much looking for the release date or pricing info tbh. As soon as they said March I assumed ā€œend of monthā€, because thatā€™s when everything for KI gets released, and on pricing what really is there to know? We certainly wonā€™t be paying more than $40 for an ultra, and the combo breaker pack isnā€™t going above $20.

So yeah, if youā€™re looking at gameplay info and actual play and how the game is progressing visually, Iā€™d still maintain that S3 is a lot more forthcoming than S2. If pricing and release dates are what get you going though, then I guess S2 gets the win.

1 Like

A lot of what you said here I agree with. Pricing and all that I donā€™t think will be that far off from S1 and S2, but there in lays my issue. Why donā€™t we have any official news yet?

And all the GP stuff, yeah Iā€™m grateful that we have seen as much as we have, but then again they have had MONTHS to work on these things, so I kind of didnā€™t expect anything different. I ā€œknewā€ that we were getting more than 2 characters a launch this time, but I also thought we would have had more info on mode and whatever else by this time 2. I just makes me feel as though 4 characters and balance changes is all they have / all weā€™ll get.

1 Like