Let's comment this tweet by Code Mystics (Re: S3 Ultra edition)

The original, classic KI comics? :wink:

Obviously battletoads 2

Orā€¦yā€™knowā€¦Nothing.

They already have versions of KI and KI2 released, Iā€™m not sure why this is a question. Use that cash and time for more Season 3 work.

obviously they have to justify the extra price of the ultra edition somehow. I know most of you would buy, it even if it did not add nothing just to ā€œsupport the gameā€. But you must justify the purchase for newcomers.

Iā€™m sure they can come up with some cool stuff for Season 3 that effectively replaces previous offerings. Exclusive skins, accessories, colors, or even a new bonus character could be in the works.

Guess my original thread on this topic is a bit old now, or the confirmation of no original KI games means it needs a new topic. Either way, Iā€™ll just repost my ideas from that thread here:

-Full Battletoads game(s) from Rare Replay in honor of Rash being in KI (not saying I WANT this, just saying it could make sense). Perhaps Perfect Dark or another game or two depending on the guests.

-All guest characters become Ultra pack bonuses. This could be done to both placate the people that donā€™t want guest characters (they can just by the combo breaker pack). This could also placate those worried that the too much of the eight to nine season 3 roster spots could be taken up by guests. It would also provide a good incentive for people to upgrade if they really like Battletoads or Perfect Dark or Gears or Halo or whatever guests end up in the game.

-Classic stages re-imagined: There are a few levels that KI fans have been clamoring for, so why not use this as a way to give them a few extras? Maybe recreate those levels with greater detail and take the same music, but modernize it.

-Character alt outfits: Not just different colors or accessories, but think more like TJ Comboā€™s ā€œBladeā€ look. Give each character a separate, cool looking outfit like that, either a reference from a movie or show or just something that, or just a new look in general that fits the character like Spy Orchid or Human Sabrewulf or whatever. Itā€™d also be nice if these unique outfits had two sets of accessories for them.

Another set of classic retros for all characters: MS & IG might have zero desire to touch up the season 1 retros that we currently have, and while itā€™d be nice, they really have no incentive to do it beyond the fact that itā€™d (possibly) satisfy a few fans that bring it up every once in a while. This way, fans get what they want, perhaps they find some other cool looks for season 2 characters as well, and everyoneā€™s happy.

-Second Omen: Given the opinion a lot of people tend to have about this character, how about if IG takes him back to the shop and upgrades him significantly everywhere? Brand new animations and a brand new move set.

Plus they give him a reimagined look and accessories. Perhaps his skin is more of matte / smoke-like type (like from his character art picture in survival mode) with black lightning zipping around inside of him. Maybe they give him his own rig, something bigger, so he could be a bit bulkier. He could still have wings of course, but they could be with him always, folded over his shoulders like a cape (like Goliath from Gargoyles) when heā€™s not using them.

Thereā€™s enough fan feedback about what works and what doesnā€™t and Iā€™m sure theyā€™re creative enough to reimagine him with an eye for making him a lot better. Anyways, for ultra owners, heā€™d occupy the same space as the old the original Omen, who would still remain, but would be referred to as First Omen. Those that donā€™t buy the Ultra Pack would only have First Omen. Those that buy the ultra pack get to toggle between the two.

-Eyedol: This probably wonā€™t sit well with people, but if MS & IG donā€™t feel like they have a great way of reimagining this character, then perhaps they might not want him on the roster and or even in the story. If thatā€™s the case, as some of the creators donā€™t seem overly fond of him, then perhaps this is the best compromise: They can recreate him similarly to what he was before (properly balanced, of course), and make him an ultra pack bonus instead of a regular roster character.

Thaā€™s all I can really think of at the moment. I think itā€™ll be interesting to see how MS & IG handle this issue given that Code Mystics were able to work on the actual games that went in the Ultra Pack, while DH and IG only needed to do one extra group of accessories (if I recall correctly, thatā€™s the sum total of the Ultra editions). Now, whatever extras go in, unless itā€™s stuff like classic Battletoads or whatever, itā€™ll be all on IG to create that extra content. Iā€™ll be curious to see what theyā€™re able to come up with.