LCD Opens Up About Everything (Survey Feedback)

Lol what evidence do you have to support this?

It’s one of the single most griped about and requested things since 2013.

NotLikeThis

3 Likes

But, I hit tons of counter breakers! Like ALL the time! It’s not broken! :frowning2:

Just like Training, you need to train in counter breaking too. You can’t just “do it”.

3 Likes

Lack of retro costume repairs started this. Lol

Sad to hear about hksmash

Nothing we can do now. All we can do is keep on moving forward.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate what design choices you disagree with, even if that means putting said explanation in an Arbiter thread? I’d very much appreciate it.

1 Like

Some people just dont have the patience to solve problems and search out answers. They want to it to just work now. I understand it and I felt Keits explained it pretty well. You have to hit it on or before the break attempt.

It seems to work for me, I get hit with Counter breakers all the time lol!

What’s out of whack is that he doesn’t get a light version of his overhead linker or a medium version of his hamstring linker.

1. How would they even program that? What buttons would you have to press?

2. Why does this matter?

1 Like

That’s… strange? I provided evidence for all the claims I made via video form. Everything I said in that post is easily verifiable in training mode yourself in 5 minutes, if you need further proof. It wasn’t an opinion piece, it was a “I went into training mode, and this is what I found” piece. You can argue about the philosophy of the changes, but it’s pretty hard to argue with the mechanics.

Death threats are obviously too far, but I’m very surprised to hear “I don’t believe it.” I show all my work.

4 Likes

It was always like that, though.

Or do you think Wulf needs the 2-hit heavy linkers to overcome this drawback? (He does have 3 different linker animations, which is very rare)

At first I thought it was the classic HKsalt talking. But he seemed REALLY convinced of it. He kept saying “I’m mashing the counter and it fails anyway!” I kept telling him in the chat to buffer the counter in the 5 frames before the move hits but he never actually tried doing it.

I’ve always been against the kinds of people who would spread misinformation like this. But HK has always been excited about KI and has become a prominent person in the community, so besides those small irritations I think he’s a cool guy. I would certainly never threaten him.

I don’t know the situations in particular, but you can’t counter break the startup of manuals (in any season, including S1 and S2). So maybe he was trying to counter break timing lockouts in those cases? In which case, it wouldn’t matter if he mashed break, he wouldn’t be able to catch them.

It might affect TJ players more because of Tremor lockouts (if they try to break early, you can’t ever catch them). That’s new to S3 because of air breakers giving timing lockouts now.

But it also means his opponent is locking himself out for free in situations where he would have gotten broken in S2 (and probably forced to counter break). So it has a definite up-side for the the offense if your opponent is bad enough to mistime a Tremor break.

I mean… threats clearly aren’t the answer for any situation. You gain nothing. I’m sad that he’s unwilling to investigate the issue a little more closely/take it into training mode/ask someone else, but nobody should be threatening him.

1 Like

As I’ve been saying. Understand it or not, it’s not intuitive. Keits and yourself will argue that frame-exact timing is critical with counter-breakers, but intuitively it’s “the read” that is critical.

2 Likes

Right. It’s always been a 50/50 guess on those linkers. The reward for that risk before was the KV build, damage, and difficulty to break.

If you’re going to adjust the character to be ‘more like’ the rest of the cast (even though, according to Keits himself, that’s a really bad argument for character changes) then you should go all the way and make sure he can do 3 versions of each of his linkers.

Buffering a move early to get it to come out on the first frame has been in many fighting games, including KI. Attacking on the first frame or counter breaking on the same frame. It makes sense that it works the same way.

We’ve done this analogy to death, but parrying is read. However, you have to time it right in order for it to mean anything, otherwise you’ll be punished. Just like counter breakers.

I’ve yet to see a good reason from you why this should be different. And I doubt you would be complaining about this change if it was in the game from the start.

2 Likes

after i read your explanation of how counterbreakers work i never had a problem with them again

1. It’s not an impossible problem to solve.
  2. Combo variety, baiting, not having your linkers be 50/50 guess broken every time, etc.

it’s not a parry

I just gave one.