KI's future

I for one have been following KI since its inception, I used to play KI1 religiously at the arcades and any time I went out of town from 94-2010 i would search for a KI arcade everywhere I went that had arcades.(Six flags, malls, ect…) and of course the 2 Nintendo versions…So in my opinion as someone that has followed the game for 21 years…
I have found the new KI to be just as dark, comedic, serious, everything as the original. To me KI2 is were it went overboard with the cartoon look, the bright colors, ect… now KI2 was a bit more brutal with the No mercy’s and ultimate’s…but lets be honest…OVER ALL KI 2013 DESTROYS KI1 and KI2… Seriously…there is no competition that can hang with KI 2013…no one!

1 Like

Here it is one last time:

• Classic KI had a perfect balance of seriousness and humor.
  • I’m NOT saying that classic KI had neither a dark atmosphere or a comedic one, it has BOTH.
  • The atmosphere in S1 was a lot darker than it is in S2. Some of the accessories you all mentioned are not serious but not humorous either, more fun than anything else.
  • S2… Hisako? Lol she’s more cute than dark or horror themed. Riptor was more intimidating in her teaser than in the actual game.
  • Stage ultra win poses: Thunder - a native american flexing. Glacius - an alien that strikes an out-of-character pose. What’s up with those?
  • Stage ultras: The animation of kanra’s stage ultra looks unfinished (opponent gets sucked into the portal in cartoony fashion) Aria’s stage ultra… that one needs a lot of work done. Too much switching of the camera angles, the limbs flapping are are okay but an animation in which they are simply falling would be better.

Anyway, S3 needs to have a better balance than S2 currently has.

You really believe this kind of thing is OK to post? I guess we’re all just stupid. Everyone but you…

It’s possible, no matter how unlikely, that people just don’t feel the same way as you do. Weird, I know.

Are you really looking at Hisako? Her win pose is not cute. She moves like she has a broken neck and crawls creepily around on the ground. She’s really not cute. Riptor has sharp teeth, claws that rend the earth and breathes fire.

I don’t see what’s wrong with Thunder’s flexing. Native Americans can flex… Glacius’s pose looks a little weird, but I wouldn’t describe it as “out of character.”

I think Kan Ra’s stage ultra looks great. Aria’s probably could use some work, but I’m convinced they were trying to emulate the two frame, goofy falling animation from the original. But neither of these things is off scale goofy. Aria’s stage is the character plummeting off a roof to their obvious death.

2 Likes

It’s edgy but not absolutely serial, lets be honest KI cast have always been all over the place, (and before KI13 the plot was too)
The real hallmarks of KI is: diverse characters and themes, Music, combos, and lets not forget the announcer.

Vlad, we are giving you OUR opinion, your opinion it’s different, but neither yours or ours it’s “the truth”. They are OPINIONS

So if you say classic KI has a perfect balance, and I say Classic KI doesn’t has a perfect balance, who is ritght? Simple answer: Nobody, cause these are our OPINIONS.

We aren’t trolling you, and you have no right to call anybody stupid. Don’t take opinions as unquestionable truth, even more if there is a lot people that have a different opinion from yours.

We stated some examples of “goofy stuff” in classic KI and the actual KI, as example of both having Humor content. Both have the so called “dark” content. I think the mixture it’s OK, you don’t agree. That’s fine, I’m not trying to change your opinon, just trying to give you another point of view.

Be a bit mor humble, please

1 Like

Does anyone here seriously believe the new KI is a polished game – polished like MKX or Street Fighter 5, not considering bugs?

to be honest, i doubt. Its hard to believe that season 3 launch can fix everything. Its a dream see KI being competitive to Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat these days. And the fighting mechanics are getting too far from what the original KI was. For example, see Kan-Ra vs Cinder and you’ll have an idea on how much it has changed. Its a broken fight. Sorry, but there’s exaggerated stuff going on with the characters. Its definitely not old rareware, Chris Seavor or anything behind the production of the game but its getting too far way from what KI was. And there are people asking for IG to put a dragon mascot for kim wu for her to use during her fights, c’mon! :rage:
Its sad to say that but if the devs dont polish the game to get it straight and avoid some mess, KI will be just another unsuccessful gem. As long as im fan of KI, i dont want this game to always be a shadow of SF and MK. Sorry i had to say that.

Yes. Certainly from a gameplay standpoint, it’s more polished than MKX. It doesn’t have as much content.
At present, it’s more polished than SFV - but that’s a bit unfair because that game hasn’t launched yet.

You are always posting things like this. It’s unclear what it is that you want.

I don’t think KI is going to outsell those games. But it is competitive in the sense that it is a better game than either of those two titles (both of which I like a great deal).

This is a fine opinion to have, but what exactly is it you mean when you say “polish the game.” A lot of people on the forums say this and it’s just code for “make the game more like I want it,” not really having anything to do with polish or overall quality. I’m not suggesting that is what you mean, but I have gotten really tired of people confusing “quality” with “things that I like.”

I remember when Guilty Gear Xrd was getting ready to release on PS3 & 4 and all the talk was about how that game was awesome, and a full retail release and had production values and looked way better and all the pros would love it because blah blah blah. And that game dropped, was popular for 15 minutes and then disappeared. KI is still here. S3 is coming. MKX was going to kill KI. It would be dead. No one would play it anymore. KI is still here.

I don’t know why everyone seems to want to focus on what the game is not, or minutiae that they are unhappy with. I’m not going to quit the game just because Fulgore doesn’t spin during his DP like he used to.

1 Like

I don’t know if you got my point but im being honest when i say i want something closer in this KI that reminds me the mechanics that rareware used to work for the classic KI. These devs are smart enough to understand what im saying. To make the game work closer to what classic KI games was. Im not telling that the new KI is really broken but there’s too much things happening with the characters. Double Helix nailed it, giving moves to the season 1 roster that really matter. Now they’re promising a new rebalance to the entire roster i personally hope that they took away the broken stuff. I really hope they put classic KI at first place before thinking about any other fighting game. Classic KI primal inspiration.

more gore and violence added thats all i want in KI.

Keep the combo system just add more mature content.

All I want is better, consistent quality for all the characters.

I am talking mostly about presentation. No way KI has the consistency of MKX and SF5.

MKX has a very slick presentation. No question NRS did a great job with that. SFV? Not so much. This is, of course, to be expected because it’s a beta for a game that doesn’t come out for 3 months. But I don’t think you can argue that the presentation for SFV is better than KI right now.

I am talking about consistency, not which game looks better. I think KI has a better artistic design than either game but lacks the consistency in quality they have.

With those games, the attention to detail looks even across the board with no glaring lapses in quality. You can’t say that about KI.

MKX and SF5 look like the work of one cohesive team, whereas KI seems to be made by at least two different teams that are not on the same skill level and might have some conflicting views.

Money is a big factor, of course…

2 Likes

Oh please. I don’t want talking about that again.

2 Likes

More gore isn’t needed.

1 Like

KI is still kind of a mix anyway ya slice it. In season two you acknowledge some funny weird stuff in KI season2, HOWEVER you also forgot the likes of Hisako’s jumpscare-fest when we first saw her, RIptor mauling someone after winning a match, Kan-Ra technically took someone’s soul etc.

You talk about RIptor’s cheerleader outfit but forgot to mention Jago’s 'tiger-tron" outfit, Sabrewulf’s costume which looks odd, Fulgore’s robo-toy etc.

If ya ask me: There’s just as much comedy in KI season 1 as it is in season 2 the balance is there still. Inseason3 I’m sure the same thing will apply.

I don’t the game has ever been ruined from the get go. Especially when you actually put much more detail in to knowing what season 1 had and what season 2 had. the view in this case seems to be skewed towards KI Season 1, when has just as much humor as season 2…

This one I agree on.

I don’t think KI’s atmosphere has been ruined by the addition of these. KI season2 can be more potentially darker when you include Hisako, and the fact that Gargos is on his way to ■■■■■ things up.

KI season3 I think will retain the lot of this, though with the new music composers that may remain to be seen in my opinion.

Nogore confirmed! :laughing:

Now seriously, KI don’t need to be exactly a gore game. It has to be the FIERCEST fighting game out there.

Neither is a battle toad.

Yeah. No gore. If I want to see massive amounts of gore, I’d play MKX. TBH.

2 Likes