Kind of disappointed about no Keith David

Keith david is the arbiter!

that is like having an batman Arkham game and the joker is not played by mark hamill

(but since this is probs a 99% non-canon appearance I will let it slide)

Itā€™s been years since I played as the arbiter in Halo (2?, 3?). You could have told me it was the same guy and I would have believed you.

1 Like

This is one of those small details thatā€™s easy to look past.

While Mark Hamill is absolutely iconic as the Joker, there have been multiple instances of the character in animation and games where the Joker isnā€™t played by Mark Hamill. Ditto for Kevin Conroy as Batman. In fact, Arkham Origins used different actors for both characters (Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker) than the others in the series.

I honestly assumed it was because fighting game voice actors tend to have 9 real lines and the rest are grunts and that hiring Keith would have been too pricey for the work. But I guess @rukizzel proved that theory wrong. Honestly after having a day to sit on it I kinda donā€™t care Keith isnā€™t voicing him and that it isnā€™t THE Arbiter.

Once you stop nitpicking at it its fantastic. He looks like the Arbiter heā€™s got an energy sword heā€™s from Halo itā€™s good enough for me and itā€™s good enough for my KI so Iā€™m happy.

1 Like

The way @rukizzel said it was weird. Something to the effect of ā€œyou will see it wasnā€™t about money.ā€ Maybe they got some A grade voice talent to be alternate announcers or somethingā€¦

No ā€œyou will seeā€ā€¦ Just that cost wasnā€™t the issue as many seem to think, thus losing faith in our work and brand.

2 Likes

This makes no senseā€¦You guys had to have known that 90% of people who know Arbiter were really excited to hear Keith David voice him. So why make the super controversial move to not get him? And then use the excuse that this Arbiter isnā€™t actually Thel Vadame. If it truly was within the budget and entirely feasible to hire Keith then why not just do it and save yourselves all of this backlash? I would genuinely like to know.

1 Like

I hate do say this but stay tuned. Hey can I work at Iron Galaxy now? I mastered the art of stay tuned.

2 Likes

Iā€™m assuming that with the recent article, this has all been made clear.

Keith David would have destroyed the variety of different Sangheili that this character was intended to represent. His voice is too distinct. Too specific to one character.

dudeā€¦ For all who are saying IG cannot afford Keith David for the Arbiter and hating on the new voice actor without thought is just cruel. If you all must know Keith David just had a stroke and is unable to voice act till futher noiceā€¦ so please be greatful for what we have and hope, Keith will recover!

1 Like

Care to back this up with a sourceā€¦Cant get tops marks without backed up info

Waitā€¦so this is not Thel 'Vadam??

But in the intro he said he silenced truth (aka killed)ā€¦Something Thel 'Vadam does and no other arbiter??

ok sureā€¦

Its an amalgam of all Arbiters in the Halo universe. You can see that because of his accessories for default and retro. As for the events, those are the most major plot points Arbiter has been involved in and makes sense to recognize those.