Kind of disappointed about no Keith David

We’re talking about a game that cutt stages, it shouldn’t be surprising that they can’t afford a Hollywood voice actor. On the brightside of things, I think the current Arbiter voice actor did the voice for the Horstachio in Viva Pinata and he was also the Pharoh from Yugioh.

This is not a big deal.

No he’s reprising his best role as Gargos

Still not sure but is the new voice actor the Horstachio from Viva Pinata?

I wonder who voiced him this time. Somebody said on the Arbiter Trailer thread that it’s Patrick Seitz (TJ Combo), another its likely Phil LaMarr.

its not the arbiter from the halo games. Stinkles is frankie from 343 and this is what he said on neogaf.

That ain’t Phil LaMarr, man. He’s got a pretty distinct voice like Keith David, and I’ve watched enough cartoons and played enough vidya with him in it to know the voice over for the trailer isn’t him.

ETA: And before anyone says it, it’s not Kevin Michael Richardson, either.

ETA #2: As for @DANECKBRE4KER’s screenshot from NeoGAF, given the last part of his remark, he was probably also being cheeky about the whole thing, too. (But the narration sure suggests it’s Thel, if my limited knowledge of Halo’s lore is correct)

He said it multiple times

The budget meant only 3 stages, i fully anticipated it not being him. Shame of course but Arby VA still decent enough.

Oh? Well, this changes everything then. That KI wiki needs a-fixing.

Spoiler: It was Phil Spencer.

Well, Frank is always cheeky. However his word stands. The Arbiter in game is an amalgamation of Arbiters past and present. And just to make your speculation go even crazier: the reasons behind the voice actor has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with budget issues.

I’m personally okay with whoever this new voice actor is, it seems as though he tried really hard to imitate the old sounding Arbiter has best he could. Nice deep voice that makes you feel like this guy really is a bad A$$.

On the other hand though I was re-watching the reveal on the Halo Twitch channel with the chat on and it seems all I read was and I quote:

“That’s not his voice”
“Where’s Keith David”
“It’s not the Normal voice WTF”
“No Keith no Play”

I too was bumbed but I’ll get over it.

I had an idea though, because it’s never too late to bring in Keith. Perhaps for Arbiter’s Retro costume could have the voice actors switch when the retro costume is being played. They do this in MKX for the Carl Weathers Jax costume.

Other than this though IG did fantastic job with this character and he looks fantastic; I can’t wait to see him in action.

Thoughts?

[quote] Rukari Austin, Community Manager
Just to quell a few of the theories floating around here: The Arbiter in the game is an amalgamation of Arbiters past. It is not Thel 'Vadam. It is the idea of the Arbiter, though Thel’s recognizable armor set is displayed in this trailer. And that’s all I will say on that!

Frankie had a few words to say about it on Gaf. If you do not know who Frankie is, imagine him as the Ken Lobb of the Halo universe.

[/quote]

I realy dont care abaut vo in a fighting game and as a guest character he has no story in ki.

2 Likes

This is not Thel Vadame, the arbiter we know from halo games therefore it makes sense that its another voice.

1 Like

I wonder if the classic costume of Arbiter will be voiced by Keith David?

Except if someone hits start, which will be always if you have played the game more than once.

I get the “authenticity” part, but the voice acting is a pretty minor part of KI.

1 Like

Yeah same here, not really bothered by it.

It’s like Batman. We all know that in the Arkham Series, it was voiced by Batman Veteran Kevin Conroy. Now, Batman: Arkham Origins didn’t have Kevin, but instead was replaced with Roger Craig Smith. While they don’t sound the same, Roger did the best he could on imitating Batman, and it came out great for a “Younger” Batman, which is what they were looking for for that time period in the game. Sure, people are like, “That’s not Kevin Conroy! Still sounds like Batman though!”

Maybe it’s like that? Even though it’s not Keith David, it still sounds good? :grin:

2 Likes

wep they would have to pay him evey thing they had to say 10 lines o so but once you sart to play you want care to much about voice