Killer Instinct Season 3 Ultra Edtion Details & Pricing

In Spain, in Halo games Arbiter was translated into “Inquisidor”, which its literally "Inquisitor"in english.

Why? I suppouse that the literal translation “Arbitro”, is commonly the name we use to a “referee” in sports, so they opted for something more “ominous”

And this leads me to a question:
@tempuschaoti, @rukizzel, whats the name of this character in the spanish version of KI?

#Brought it!

Is there going to be any new modes coming when the game releases?

No one expects the Spanish Arbitration.

5 Likes

I was flipping through a German channel one day and saw an episode of Friends…and they all spoke German…

Do people over there really like it that much? I would hate to go to the new avengers civil war movie and have cap speak Dutch all of a sudden, or in your case German (kind of works against his character).

I see what you did…

2 Likes

Think I’m going to wait for the $50 Xbox gift cards to go down in price a bit before I preorder.

Can’t wait not long left :grinning:

So I’m coming into KI through the PC port and I don’t have a Xbox, how would I go about buying not only season 3 but the other seasons as well? Do I have to wait till release?

If you actually way to understand what the characters in your movie are saying, then I imagine so :smirk:

I’m cool with the Ultra package. I’ve always purchased the Ultras more as a way to support the game and get access to the retros for my characters. I turned on both KI and KI2 a grand total of once each, to play through a single match before finding "wow. This really isn’t a good game :neutral_face: " and going to do something else. Now I get bonus colors and a bunch of KI Gold, which apparently I’ll be able to use later to buy more stuff.

Was never much for the retro games, but I’m actually super stoked for character costumes for some reason. I’ve always said I wished KI would sell additional accessory packs and colors and such, and now it seems like they will and that my Ultra purchase will subsidize my habit :smile:

But yeah, please get us stuff to actually buy with our KI gold. I bought into the Shago community fundraiser to support the game, but aside from a single profile taunt I’ve never used that KI gold for ANYTHING. I don’t need boosters and as an Ultra pack owner I already own pretty much everything. Give us some new content to spend that “money” on :+1:

1 Like

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/Search?q=Killer+Instinct+

@rukizzel this should work correct?

I would wait until release. There may be a “ultimate edition” with everything in the seasons for a better price of $120 for all 3 ultras or $100 for 2 combo breakers and s3 ultra.

1 Like

You can buy them on the website. I think the link will show you Season 3 and how it’s compatible with Season 2 and 1. You can buy each of them but would suggest against the Ultra Editions for Season1 and 2 for PC because those versions come with the classic arcade games which are not confirmed to be coming to PC so you would be paying more for less. I think you should just wait until more information on the PC version is released.

It’s not on the Windows Store yet.

Although technically you could buy it through the Xbox Store I wouldn’t do that if I where you. They said that to enable cross play if you have the Xbox version you have to actually run the game once after installing S3 patch, probably to run some validation code that will enable the PC licence for you.

That means you would have to go to a friend’s house that have the Xbox One to login with your Live account and run the game.

I was between halo 5 (50% sale atm) or season 3… its cheaper to buy halo and its a complete game. I love KI but no way im paying 40 dollars for the ultra (and i have both s1 and 2 ultras)

1 Like

@rukizzel Just wondering if you knew why they are charging $40 for this season 3’s ultra edition, because with Season 1 and Season 2 if you purchased the ultra edition for $40 you got the original game KI 1 and KI 2, early access , and if you got the combo pack $20 you just got the updated game. Now there are no more original games so I can’t justify a $40 value when I got much more for the same money in past seasons. My suggestion would be to charge $20 for the ultra and $10 for the combo breaker pack, that seems fair to me since your not getting an additional game anymore.

So I pre-ordered already, and overall I’m mostly pleased with the package content but I wish it was better detailed.

Getting additional colors is neat, but how many and for who?
The KI gold is good enough value I guess, but what can we use it on if we already have all of the Ultra packs (past unlocking stuff early)?. And there was mention of the 18k being ramped down past launch? That wasn’t detailed on the store.
The eternal double XP that stacks with other bonuses is very very nice considering how painful the unlock grind is in KI.

Would have been nice to have some images attached to the pack and more info on the upcoming 4 characters, but that’ll probably be in the launch trailer so it’s okay.

■■■■ I was really hoping getting the game a week early was the $10 ultra perk.

Yeah I thought we got them early too, as the listing says the four characters are “AVAILABLE NOW” on the market.

So I own Season 1 Ultra, and Season 2 Ultra, where is my discount for being a loyal KI fan. I mean they gave us a deal on Season 2 if you owned Season 1!?!?!?!?!?!?!

2 Likes

Will show you shortly. Building that blog post now.

Hate to tell you this, but stay tuned. We have a little bit more time between now and launch for details.

The store has a finite amount of space. Thus my post which will come in a bit going in to further depth.

1 Like