Killer Instinct Season 3 Ultra Edtion Details & Pricing

I’ve got my money down finally. The wait is going to kill me.

I’m excited. Just hope a certain new feature that’s been the talk of the tow lately gets adjusted to a point where it’s easier on my eyes.
Will be maining Tusk and DAHing entire nations if all goes well :smiley:

Edit: Dilemma solved! Hype train at full power!

Doesn’t that go against the whole “stay tuned” strategy then?

1 Like

Stay tuned is not a strategy. It is a way of life.

4 Likes

Woohoo Does that mean the Comcast guy sorted everything out?

6 Likes

Is the blog post going up soon?

I might not make it. Overflowing with hype due to Pre-ordering. Waiting for details. Went in and bought it blindy because I love you guys!

1 Like

Season 3 achievement unlocked

In UK - Managed to save a little theoretically by getting £50 xbox live credit for £43.69, then used that to purchase - not sure if I’m allowed to post info here if anyone else wants details on that offer I guess message me for the website.

This is the most patience I’ve ever shown for a cable man.
(ordered mine too. woot woot)

1 Like

Egh, we’re almost a week out from launch, nearly none of the pricing details have been revealed, we still haven’t seen an official source come out with rock-solid information to clarify the “log in on an Xbox to validate crossbuy” thing for those who have never played on console but purchased in the store, and into this information vacuum they release a single preorder option which gets most of its value proposition from the microtransaction/XP grind.

Anyone who frequents this place know that I’m far from one of Microsoft’s harshest critics, but I have to call it out: you’re dragging your feet, guys, and it’s making it extremely difficult for a customer to make an informed purchase. We should’ve known all of this at the start of the month.

7 Likes

I would love to know how Iron Galaxy is able to justify charging the same amount of money for less content. Make things right for people who have already preordered and make the value actually fair for the price you are asking for.

2 Likes

They played us. Straight up and down.

1 Like

Agreed, and they are silencing people who call them out on it. Its not right. I want the costumes, so I got the ultra, even though they absolutely aren’t worth the extra 20, I know I would end up paying more then that if I got combo then just bought the costumes separate

1 Like

We’re closing in on a cool 12 hours since the pre-order went live. No blog post with details yet. I’m trying really hard to stay cool. My F5 button has almost disintegrated.

@rukizzel can you ‘manage our expectations’ and confirm if this is still coming out today (maybe an ETA, even) or should we just give up for now?

Thanks.

I rarely post here, but I’ve supported this game since day 1. Purchased both Ultra Editions for Season 1 and 2. Supported the Shadow Jago fund. Just recently purchased all of the Ultimate Source figures as well. I’m a die hard fan. But I do find the pricing unreasonable for the content that is provided. When the announcement was made that there were only going to be 3 stages this season instead of 8, I was discouraged. Yet, I say didn’t a thing because I had faith that we would be compensated either by other content (Ultimates, enhanced cinematic story mode, new intros, outros, ultras,etc…) OR a price drop. Perhaps even maybe a price cut for those who own the previous 2 ultra editions. Even that would be fair in my eyes. $40 for 5 less stages and no classic KI games just seems overpriced. $20 seems like the perfect price point to me. Hell, even $30 can be justified. I just feel like Season 3 in general is being poorly handled. From announcements/lack there of, level 4 ender debacle, leaks, more guest characters than original characters, significantly less stages, etc…I mean come on, we’re less than two weeks away from launch and there should not be this much negativity or uncertainty surrounding the game. I hate even saying this stuff, but I love this game and I can’t hold in my disappointment any longer. It hurts.

7 Likes

Funny thing is, if you only cared about the costumes and for some reason didn’t own S2 or S1 ultras, you could use all that extra KI gold to get their costumes. It’s essentially $40 for S1, S2, and S3 Ultras. It’s a really good deal for non-previous ultra owners which is completely backwards.

1 Like

How much are the costumes normally per character?

Best meme ever

And completely true