Killer Instinct Season 3 Graphics Shine Brighter

I’d lean towards the new character at the end of this season. I don’t know that KI’s memorization-intensive system is conducive to 25+ characters. Also, re: Eyedol, I posted in About Eyedol’s design and the struggle to redesign him about the unique mechanic I think might help us bring him back.

I dunno if they’ll even do a season4, best to have Gargos come out now.

1 Like

Can I ask you all the pessimism of not going on with another Season? Stopping at 3 it’s just a damage to IG

has nothing to do with pessimism. It simply unknown since three seasons was planned from the start.

Was it?

Because I’ve heard things along the line of support for the whole console cycle too…

Well simply that the devs had said that: by season three we should have the entire cast returning etc. Though this can be reasonbly argued if Eyedol does not make the cut for season3. Even so, I wouldn’t just assume that there’s gonna be something beyond season3. On the other hand just because content may be finished in some small way in season3 doesn’t mean KI will lose relevancy through the XB1’s life-cycle. They could easily mean that.

I’m not arguing that as a possibility but it’s just as iffy to assume that we’ll get more than three seasons just as we can expect for them to have only three seasons.

Long story short, to just to be safe we should go ahead and have Gargos in season3 now. It’s ripe for the set up.

Three Seasons is the right amount Imo. Anything after should be bug fixes and polishing the game on a whole.

If Eye doll doesn’t make it, then that’s just the way it is. Maybe you’l get a community fund, or maybe not, but he’s not adding anything to the game that Gargos isn’t already fulfilling.

Anything after a S3 should be a new KI. That’s 4 years or so down the line.

2 Likes

The game’s business model is built for longevity. Ending th game does the opposite of that.

1 Like

After S3 is done, it will probably have somewhere in the mid-20s for characters (let’s guess 25). 25 characters is a LOT for a game as crazy and character-specific as KI. I think it would feel as overwhelming as USF4 was, at 44 characters, for someone trying to pick it up from scratch.

If they do a S4 and they break 30 characters, that’s just… that’s just a lot.

Not saying it’s bad or it shouldn’t happen, just that it’s a lot. Eventually you hit a saturation point and they have to be careful about that.

3 Likes

Guest characters shouldn’t get their own stage.

3 Likes

The thing is I want more cahracters. I want a all new character season. They’re also many guest character possibilities. Season 4. Half quest and half new and bam. We have an awesome full of content game. Oh and new modes.

Who said anything about ending the game? After the game has been established as the ‘final product’, only specific updates will be done at that time. No more character additions and what not, certainly not in batches if you want to be optimistic about this.

You cant keep adding content to the game on and on and on, eventually the game will degrade. Once a fine roster has been established, there isn’t more to do than maintenance and bug fixes.

1 Like

1000!!!

1 Like

AT the end of the day it depends on money …

If S3 does well (ie. a profit) and there is interest for new Xbox/MS windows customers in KI as a whole (S1-S3) they will make more seasons and/or DLC packs for cash.

LOok @ what happened to MK X. PC version, apparently had low sales, and WB has decided not to continue work on it - no DLC pack 2, no netcode patch update.

We can enjoy what S3 brings - support it and hopefully we get more seasons :slightly_smiling:

Regards,

Sanjay

Not even a netcode update? Daaaamn.

Yeah. They completely abandoned PC. It’s kinda sad.

Half a million units sold more or less. All of those people were royally screwed. And as far as I know, no announcement as to why, no comment from Boon or anyone from Netherrealm.

Wow that’s terrible. I really hope that won’t happen here with the PC port.

Did that game have crossplay between Console and PC?

Unfortunately no. Both versions were separate

Ok so that may be why.

*crosses fingers