Killer Instinct Season 3 Details

I would of liked to have seen more of a matrix effect or johnny cage side kick kinda thing. that’s just me tho…

Is the PC version only going to support XInput controllers?

Great preview! Thank you for all the hard work!

Tusk!!! Damn, son! Is there a reason his hands are so big, though? He’s like the anti-Trump. And how does a guy who is seven feet tall have a voice that high?

All joking aside, can’t wait to see how he plays, or how Kim closes that gap. Also, his music sounds a bit generic-metal. Wish they’d had a more Basil Poledouris sound, but we’ll see - maybe the giant bass drums kick in later :).

Four more characters to go. HYPED!

I’m curious as to the reason you guys changed the Shadow effects. They look underwhelming now. KI doesn’t do minimal. That’s not what it’s about. I’ll wait to pass full judgement until later today, but I’m not a fan of the idea.

Tusk looks awesome, Arby’s ultra is sick, and Rash’s everything is still great XD

3 Likes

Will we get a tease or look at the remaining 4 characters prior to Season 3 launch?

Love the preview info. Kinda wondering what that special blue bar above the arbiter’s health bar is? I’m thinking it’s how much shield he has, which makes sense as far as the halo universe, but what does is it do for his gameplay?

Also, Tusk looks big, dat sword looks bigger. Good job on him though. Like to see some small things about him during the gameplay stream this afternoon too. Not a lot, but enough.

Nice changes on the Shadow effect too. This lighting re-working is really coming together nicely.

Thats how you start off a morning.
Looks great can’t wait till the end of the month.

Ironically Tusk’s face looks a bit like bearded Bryan!

Okiedokie!

First off: I am happy to say that it’s nice that KI will have NEW fresh uniqe characters and it won’t just be made of guests for the new roster. Which is wonderful.

While I was really hoping for news on a new mode or something that could explain the lack of three stages. It is nice to see how it goes.

SO! We’re getting a season1/season2 release mixture. 4 characters start, 4 more coming as the season goes.

Which means we may not see Gargos for awhile. and 8 characters means Eyedol has a good chance of returning.

Awesome work here IG/MS. Can’t wait to see more down the road.

EDIT:

Wow awesome stuff to say the least. Tusk is HUGE

Some of the smallest people I know have the deepest voices.

There is actually a very canonical reason for that! Maybe @TempusChaoti can fill you in.

Hmmm, if only we had a live stream prepped and ready to go for this very reason… :wink:

4 Likes

WOW!!! So awesome! SO much to read!!! I have to find a moment to read every detail and soak it all in!! Damn you job!!!

1 Like

The shadow move effect’s look a lot more polished now imo, always thought they looked a little budget in S1/S2. Guest characters look more well done than the returning KI2 characters tho.

You sir are a master of suspense. It seems we are at your mercy for now.

Well played, Rukari…

Love that we finally get to see more and Tusk looks awesome (has a bit of a Thor vibe, any change of a huge hammer as an accessoirie?). End of March though :cry:

ya its official… i’m screwed. twins coming end of march. so i’ll get to play S3 maybe when S4 starts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think when the banshee hits the opponent, you should be awarded a vehicle splatter medal!

8 Likes

Managed to check it out on my phone; really awesome stuff! I like the darker purple shadow effects, it’ll be interesting to see that across the cast.

I had hoped for a release earlier in the month, but my actual guess wasn’t too far off. I’m surprised that pre-purchase and pricing aren’t ready for reveal yet, but four weeks means there’s plenty of time.

Happy to see that the four characters we’ve seen will all be playable day one; 8 is the number I was hoping for, and who knows, maybe we’ll get a “bonus” later on in the season, meaning all three seasons will have a nice round number.

Looking forward to streams and the four new characters who will be revealed, hoping to see some of the community ideas make it in (or at least have inspired something)!

Going to have to leave work early to catch the stream, especially if there’s a possibility of anything besides Arbiter being shown; not that you’ve given any evidence to support that hope.

How many resources does the Arbiter have?
Shields on his health bar, grenade count, ammo count…
Prepare yourself people, I can easily see a tourney consisting of only Arbiters with all the tools he’s got. :laughing:

Tusk’s a white walker. Check out those eyes! So it sounds like the highlander theory isn’t far off, nicely done. The Sword does look sick in that intro and the hair seems to be looking good too.

Can’t wait till later today for the stream.

As for the release date, I’ll be watching whatever goes on youtube till I get back from Aussieland in April. The wait is gonna kill me I know it. :weary:

Nope you can play when they wake up in the middle of the night after you feed them and put them back to sleep lol

I work from home a lot overnight on weekends (due to scheduled work we do every weekend) so that won’t stop once the kids come of course.

I figure i’ll start playing on PC instead like diablo 3. Middle of night, both kids put down to sleep for a bit … 30 min before work starts @ like 3 am, i can play KI PC or D3 for a bit.

Sadly, will have to wait for my KI sticks to get a Win10 update :slightly_smiling:

Sanjay

1 Like