Killer Instinct PC Requirements Topic

Hey, fellow KI fiends.

I was in the mood to start a topic of what might be required to play KI on PC.

I was doing some google search and came across a website that has posted the requirements they feel it’s enough to play KI on windows 10. So far this is what i found on the following link http://systemrequirementlab.blogspot.kr/2015/10/killer-instinct-2016-system-requirements.html

Minimum

CPU: Pentium Dual Core E6700 3.2GHz VS Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core BE-2400
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card:Video Card: Nvidia Quadro Fx 3500 (256mb 256bit) OR Ati Radeon Hd 3850 His Iceq 3Dcard 256Mb 256Bit
Direct X dx 9 / 11 compatible
Sound Card: YAS
Free Disk Space: 5 GB

Recommended

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8400 vs AMD Phenom II X2 555
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 290X vs Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
Direct X dx 9 / 11 compatible
Sound Card: YAS
Free Disk Space: 8 GB

Now please know that this has got to be fake, it’s not my idea nor do i want to be bashed at and banned from the community like the psychos from ultimate killer instinct fans admin did to me on facebook.

So with this topic on the table, what do you guys think?

I’m 99% sure KI is for Windows 10 only. I’d scratch that Windows Vista business.

2 Likes

Yes, i agree.

Since GFWL is dead, Windows 10 is our only option.

Steam will have competition coming march.

How do you play KI with only 5GB? 100% fake dude.

No Official Release has been given yet on PC Requirement Specs. Take what’s listed above as just pure speculation

I did said it.
We can take the XBox One specs are:
RAM
8GB DDR3 Clock: 2133MHz Bandwidth: 68.26 GB/s + 32MB eSRAM Bandwidth: 204 GB/s(102 In/102 Out)
CPU 8 Core AMD custom CPU Frequency: 1.75 GHz [5] GPU Clock Speed: 853 MHz(originally 800 MHz) Shader Cores: 768 Peak Throughput: 1.31 TFLOPS [6]
Storage
500 GB (5400 rpm) Hard Drive non-replaceable, External Hard Drive support available
API
DirectX 11.2
So I assume anything similar to that running Windows 10 would work.

I just hope it won’t be only avalaible in the Windows Store because this thing is so broken. I installed Windows 10 and the store just wont work AT ALL. I tried everything for hours, but nope… I really want to try KI! :frowning:

If you can’t install anything on the Windows Store try updating your system.

Go to the start button, hit the settings button, then go to update and security. Check for updates there. That should fix the store.

Already done. I tried every solutions on the net except a complet reinstallation of my apps (I dont really wanna do this one because I’m gonna have to reinstal EVERYTHING on my PC).

Thats what I see when I type STORE ibn the search engine:

I had that issue before.

The only solution i know that can fix that for you is to:

1: Right-click on the Windows 10 Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).

2: Copy the following PowerShell command and paste it into the CMD window: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”

3: Hit Enter to initiate the script.

After the script finishes, immediately reboot the computer.

Once you reboot, you can jump back into the Windows Store and the pending app updates should start to download.

P.S. Your mileage may vary on this one. I’ve heard from many that it works perfectly and solved their Windows Store problems. For a few others (small number), this fix didn’t solve their issue - which means there’s probably another issue at play. Ultimately, the fix is on its way from Microsoft. Let’s hope the company’s update works for all instances.

I entered the command and received this red text:

Now what can be said about this is to make sure your pc is up to date with the windows update. Keeping your app up to date is one way to help keep them working. Uninstall and reinstall store app.

that would be pretty stupid not to put a pc version of ki to steam, theres no competiton with steam

At this very moment there’s no official PC requirements for KI

MS and IG has not made any comment on that. They said only on windows 10.

Here’s what MS has right now for Win10 ver. of KI.

LINK

Approximate size : 20.79 GB

Note that this will be updated (it has a Windows Phone version as well…yea, that’s probably not happening)

UWP = Unreleased welcome page?

Btw an 8 core as a must to play KI seems a bit exaggerating, after all.

You seem to forget that 8 cores of AMD is inferior to Intel.

Specially if you have a beast of a processor like the I5 4690k or the 4790k; which rules over all AMD processors

Nah, I have a six core of AMD of 3,2 ghz

Intel still over performs AMD any day of the week, month, year and century.