Killer Instinct PC Requirements Topic

not true. They actually said that they are not trying to compete with steam but they also said that KI wont be on steam, they didnt say why but KI is f2p so its dafe to assume that they dont want valve to get a significan portion of the microtransactions money.

Most likely its will beā€¦
Minimum
Windows 10
i3
Gtx 750
6 GB ram

Yeah, Iā€™m no expert on PC specs but I know that the specs to run the game will be higher than the corresponding Xbox one specs, just because consoles run closer to their theoretical maximum and can be optimized way more easily.

I donā€™t think the minimum specs will be a problem, but I do think you will need real hardware to run the game at 1080p (Xbox is currently at 900p for comparison). My guess is they will recommend a GPU with 4gb of ram, since that seems to be the trend these days.

Looking forward to some info on this. Itā€™s getting close enough to the release date that Iā€™m starting to wonder about a push back. Also, with no public alpha, beta or demo version I think we should be prepared for a pretty rough launchā€¦

Thatā€™s the thing that worries me the most

True. I meant that they are gonna have some sort of competition because a lot of people will be playing KI on windows 10 over other games on steam.

Question to developers.

Is there any kind of no-background mode, that allows to run on even weaker hardware?
I have windows 10 installed on mid-2014 macbook pro. It has pretty sweet processor and memory but Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 Mobile as gpu. Probably if thereā€™s an option to disable all backgrounds I could run this on low 800x600?
Because I can play GGX 60fps with really good resolution and Dota2 120+fps.

I will still play KI S3 on X1, but itā€™s good to have an additional opportunityā€¦

1 Like

I hear you. This is the only downside to gaming on a mid-level Mac. The processor and RAM are good but the graphics processor is bare-bones. Iā€™m considering getting a Mac Pro so I can boot either into Windows 10 or Mac OS X and itā€™ll be a beast of a computer that should be able to run KI at full resolution with no issues.

One question I would have is if your computer can run SFV, can it run KI? I have an i3-4130@ 3.40GHz , 8GB Ram, & a GTX 645ā€¦& even though itā€™s below minimum requirements for SFV, itā€™ll runā€¦it doesnā€™t look very pretty, but itā€™ll run fine. Iā€™m kinda hoping the same will happen for KI.

All your specs are good except for your motherboardā€¦ in actuality, you should technically be able to run itā€¦ it will probably run like garbage thoā€¦ and with a game as fast paced as KI, you need it to run decent. Sadly thats the one thing in your computer that cant be easily replaced without completely overhauling your computer.

A friend of mine has a potato and was able to run SFV as well, but it looked and played awfulā€¦ funny enough, he meets the minimum requirements to run KI but not SFV.

I honestly donā€™t know what my motherboard isā€¦all I can say is the computer is an Alienware X51 R2ā€¦unless by motherboard youā€™re meaning processor, & yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™m concerned about. Like I said, I can play SFV, & it runs fine, but I have the resolution & details turned waaaay down & does not look good at all, so Iā€™m hoping I can do the same with KI.

Itā€™s not so much of a big issue for me though, because in the next couple of weeks Iā€™m planning on getting a X51 R3 with an i7-670, GTX 970, & 16GB Ram (not to mention an Oculus Rift, but thatā€™s not part of the specs)ā€¦so playing KI wonā€™t be an issue there, but Iā€™m still going to use my current computer to build an arcade cabinet, & itā€™d still be cool to be able to play KI on it as well, even if it is just barely scraping by.

Yeah I meant processor, however both go hand in hand with eachotherā€¦ you cant have one without the other and when one needs replaced, both do.

And if you are planning on getting a whole new set up in the coming weeks, you have no problem here. That setup would well surpass the specs to run KI.

I also made an arcade cabinet back in 01ā€™-02ā€™. It was a fun processā€¦ I really need to replace its innards tho.

You can upgrade the processor without a new motherboard as long as the socket is compatible.

On topic - itā€™s really tough to know how things will run below the minimum specs.

For instance; my laptop is considered a gaming laptop. Most recommended specs for games trump what I have. However, Iā€™m still able to run them at a steady 1920x1080 60fps on maxed settings (or just under).

Itā€™s all about how well optimized the games are, and if Nvidia has released drivers for my card or not.

Thatā€™s usually the case, unless thereā€™s a strict requirement. Some games wonā€™t run without a graphics card or without X amount of video ram etc. itā€™s just difficult to know until you try it.