Killer Instinct Identity In Jeopardy?

They should really make a new Timesplitters game. The devs from Sunset Overdrive would have the right humor, although I dont think they have made a fps before…

2 Likes

The only thing I want to add to this is…

Guttermagic.

Yes, Guttermagic, the 2 time evo finalist, is a self described “shooter” player, playing games like Halo, destiny, and overwatch.

Heck, even LCD plays a lot of shooter. He took like a month off of KI to play overwatch. Lol, MANY players in the FGC split their time between their FG of choice and overwatch during the month of its release.

1 Like

Crytek has the rights to Timesplitters now and they have permitted a fan group to do a remake of the original three games. They’ve made decent progress. You can check it out here http://www.tsrewind.com/index.php/en/.

Actually, wasn’t Maximillian pretty hard core into one of the Call of Duty Games too? There’s a guy who has built up a quarter of a million followers on YouTube because he’s so into fighting games. And he has a history as a competitive shooter player.

2 Likes

Nice, what are the chances of this coming to xbox though, would be a great digital/arcade game to pick up…

I doubt it, but you never know. This is a pretty ambitious project (IIRC they want to rebuild every map, weapon, multi -player mode, and character from the original games), so even a beta for the PC version won’t be seen anytime soon.

I’d prefer a Shadowrun and another Halo and Gears character each in teh game.

Resistance.

1 Like

Yes he has and now he plays overwatch.

prefer if no guests … but IG did the guests damn well good …

… but wouldn’t mind a couple of mini-guests as in Gargos mininos are guests

Free like for this line alone.
The rest of the post is okay too, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

On topic: I was mildly worried about guests when they were first announced (especially when RAAM leaked) but they’ve been realized a lot better than I could’ve ever expected. They feel right at home in the game, while bringing recognizable flair from their home games. I’ll bet if you asked someone who was unfamiliar with the guests’s home franchises, you they might not even know.

For some reason his made me think of Viva Pinata.

KI at its core is a tropey pastiche of 90s pop culture that doesn’t take itself seriously. Random guests fit that theme just fine.

Indeed, like this one: