Killer Instinct Identity In Jeopardy?

For me se have the best modern vampire design i ever saw.

In my personal opinion Miraā€™s dsign is a ā€œhuman with fangsā€ not really a monster per seā€™ but her gameplay makes up for it.

Nope. Iā€™m not even slightly worried about this.

1 Like

Me neither.

Lol. This is a joke right? Youā€™re calling Akuma in Tekken as a guest done right while criticizing Mira for not being creative enough. Credibility < 0

Also, the vast majority of people who play shooters play other games. Why is it that all of the sudden when we are talking about guest characters these other game types have a player base that is imagined to be completely incompatible with KI. Thatā€™s the weirdest logic Iā€™ve ever heard. Iā€™ve played Halo. Can you believe it? And I play KI too! I must be a rare breed indeed.

Iā€™m in a bit of a mood so I will try to reign myself in. But can you actually type into a forum that Shooter players are not able to play fighting games because of how their reactions work? And you didnā€™t laugh yourself to death? Thatā€™s not a thing. It makes no sense at all. If one in 1000 Halo players try KI and 1/10 of this buys it, thatā€™s going to be 50,000 new players. Thatā€™s how (and why) the guests work and are good for the game.

4 Likes

Oh you play halo and KI well thatā€™s just fine and dandyā€¦IF YOUā€™RE A WITCH!!!

3 Likes

So, to clarify, this isnā€™t what you meant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evNs2xqqHpo

Heheā€¦hehā€¦Iā€™ll show myself out.

2 Likes

Guest are pretty much a double edged sword. They give publicity but could become a crutch the more they are added

Lol. I play gears and KIā€¦ but Iā€™m no witchā€¦ Iā€™m Black Phillip.

"Wouldst thou like the taste of butter? A pretty dress? Wouldst thou like to live deliciously? "

1 Like

The moment you said that,any credibility you had(a small amount) is gone. You said S3 lacks creativity because you find Mira bland and not creative. Then you say Akuma in Tekken is done right? They didnā€™t redesign him in anyway at all. Guess what,the reason KI doesnā€™t have its guest characters affect the lore is hecause they arenā€™t KI characters.

2 Likes

I came to post a constructive response, but:

well thats it,

4 Likes

Ooh, this is gonna be goodā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t have an issue with Guest Characters, I have an issue with selecting unappealing guest characters like Raam and Arbiter.

1 Like

Iā€™m 40 years old, so try again. Maybe itā€™s menopauseā€¦ But thanks for classing up the forums with an unnecessary reference to masturbation. Iā€™m feeling totally burned. Honest.

I was trying to be nice, but ā– ā– ā– ā–  it. Instead letā€™s take a look at your two substantial points.

ā€œSee Akuma for how guests are done correctlyā€

Akuma sticks out in Tekken like a sore thumb, featuring completely different gameplay than the rest of the cast and itā€™s already pretty well recognized that unless they make some radical changes every top 8 in Tekken 7 is going to feature 7 guys playing Akuma. So yeah. But I guess itā€™s okay because they took his totally out of place character design, play style and backstory and wrote it into the story. Since the Tekken story is ridiculous and incoherent even by fighting game standards thatā€™s not such a big deal. But Iā€™ll take every one of the KI guests that are actually built around interesting gameplay over Akuma in Tekken 7 any day of the week. Keep in mind that you started off by saying basically ā€œno offense but Season 3 suggests IG isnā€™t really creative enough to make an original game.ā€ All of KIā€™s guests demonstrate far more creativity in how their history is integrated into their playstyle than taking an existing character from a fighting game and keeping all his moves intact but just wedging him into a different game. So, youā€™re on solid footing because your opinion is ridiculous but at least youā€™re rude.

And youā€™re really going to come back and try to defend ā€œshooter players canā€™t change their reflexes to play fighting games?ā€ The 5 million Halo players might be a more diverse group then you think. Keeping in mind that we have already established that Iā€™m old, you might not be surprised to find out I played Battletoads. And yet I also played fighting games. I played Wolfenstien 3D, Doom, Quake, Unreal, Timesplitters, Godeneye 64, Perfect Dark, Halo. I played SF2 in every single iteration MK1,2,3,4 and beyond, KI, KI2, KI Gold, Tekken 1,2,3,4,5,6 VF, DoA and a bunch of stuff you probably never heard of like Time Killers and World Heroes. Iā€™ve played some mobas, and a couple of MMOs. I play JRPGs every now and then and Iā€™m a big fan of point and click adventure games. I made my way through the Last of Us. Iā€™ve never had any challenges moving between these games. My awkward fightstick trained hands turned out to be perfectly adaptable to even bizarre things like a keyboard and mouse. Shocking I know. So the idea that ā€œshooter players like shooters and they wonā€™t play fighting gamesā€ is dumb. It might be the dumbest thing Iā€™ve seen written on these forums and Iā€™ve seen a lot of dumb stuff. So congratulations, hereā€™s your crown.

11 Likes

Now thereā€™s a game I havenā€™t played in awhile.

You can find a ROM for MAME. No matter how lame it is in your memory it is much much worse in reality. Good for a laugh though.

Well, by ā€œin a whileā€ I meant ā€œa couple of months agoā€. Itā€™s on my arcade cabinet.

Maybe I should have said ā€œHey, thatā€™s a thing I know!ā€ Probably would have had the same effect.

1 Like

Finally someone who remembers that series. Monkey ninjas ftw

2 Likes