Killer Instinct Going Down Hill

I use half the cast and I’m liking Kim Wu & Tusk. Jago, TJ, Maya are my top three main.

1 Like

Certainly don’t have to relearn Jago. You might find a reason to throw a charged fireball in neutral from time to time, but in pressure the fireball charge and dash-cancel antics aren’t going to outclass good ol’ reliable laser sword as your primary opener (though they seem worth learning if you feel like it). Aside from that, all that’s different is that you can learn some juggle antics if you feel like it – but again, it’s by no means necessary.

TJ and Maya are a little different, but I don’t get the impression that they’re too far from what they were. Maya in particular mainly got simpler, really.

And hey, they release four characters and you already like two of them? That’s a pretty good hit rate.

2 Likes

This isn’t the only game that does that you know, but I understand where you’re coming from. As far as I’m aware though, besides TJ, the changes you got weren’t too drastic. Jago got a new tool added to his move and Maya got better damage in her combos. I’m not saying you have to but you should totally put some time into learning what the new stuff has to offer. You might be surprised.

1 Like

[quote=“Fnrslvr, post:19, topic:8273”]
I think they expanded the juggle opportunities (by lowering KV build and changing hitboxes/trajectories in places, so it wasn’t a dramatic shift in emphasis) as part of an effort to give us something to develop and personalize in our playstyles for those of us who have been playing nothing but this game for two years now. It means you can revisit something you might’ve tried in the lab thinking it would be cool, only to be sad when the KV blew out immediately. I immediately revisited a bunch of things I had tried long ago with Jago, and now I’ve been exploring Riptor’s juggles because there’s some silly stuff you can do with backrun+HK that’s fun to play around with.
[/quote] well with it put like that it makes me think I haven’t thought about that way and I think I just jumped on bored lol

I love when people say IG has taken in this direction or that DH would a done this. It all would’ve been the same because MS tell them what systems and changes were coming. DH knew s2 was gonna bring re capture and air breakers.

1 Like

Oh please, it’s not like IG are mindless thralls. MS can tell them “we want Arbiter in KI” and “He should have his blade, carbine and grenades”, but they’re not going to go into every little game system mechanic. Especially since KI is a very small part of the MS gamescape.

1 Like

MS has their own KI team that worked with DH and now works with IG. They already stated at the start of s2 that DH and IG knew what was happening.
But if you know different fire ahead

I like how it’s turning up. CB flipouts are the best CB mechanic thus far (and probably will ever be). Ironically KI does have an anime esque feel to it (which is ok I guess) but at the same time it gives me the SF feel. Which I like. So it balances itself out for me. Ying/Yang. Balance.

It’s got characters I like so I’ll stick around. If it doesn’t then I would have left. Simple as that.

1 Like

Troll thread. This has zero meaning and is not constructive.

These kind of comments are predicated on a healthy dose of nostalgia, combined with the mistaken belief that if DH was still making the game it would be the same as season 1 even though we are in season 3 now. Nothing stays the same, that’s not possible.

I put 500 hours into Season 1. I loved it. I loved almost everything that DH did with the game, and based on their outreach, the forums, the videos they posted I really liked those guys and their philosophy on the game. No one likes what they did better than me.

There are some things about S1 and S2 that I might have done differently. But many of those things make sense to grow and expand the game. I loved the philosophy of “each character has four and only four, simple to execute special moves with a clear and simple function,” the MS and DH implemented in S1, and that philosophy works great with 6-8 characters. By the time you are clocking in 20+ it’s nearly impossible to make a game with that philosophy. So, I could write a bunch of troll threads about how IG is ruining the game by making it too complicated, or I could put my grown up pants on and recognize that it’s not quite so simple as that.

2 Likes

Just my opinion on a video game. It’s just a video game… Thanks for the reply tho :unamused:

It’s not just a game. Not how it works.

TC, it would be taken as less of a troll by some if you actually explained what you don’t like about S3 more than “doesn’t seem like a KI game it suck”

Also, your title is click-bait worthy.

4 Likes

Ya man S1 rocked, Sleez ball rage quitters and cherry pickers fixed by a bunk jail system. And i’m some lonely Thunder fighting the 1000 jumping Jago army because the roster started with only 6 characters… S3 is soooooo much better than S1.

1 Like

I played a rank match today and a silver rank Jago jumb the whole time. Yea, I understand where you coming from. But I still like season 1 better. & content isn’t everything if the gamer don’t like the GAMEPLAY.

Tbh then I dont think your gonna like the rest of s3.
You might be better just cutting your losses

1 Like

Jumbing Jago’s are easy lol. I beat him today then record it :joy: I used to be a Killer Rank by the way. I’m silver rank right now, but I’m not gonna continue my journey to Killer Rank cause Ima wait till this season is over with 1st.

We have no idea when the season is over and it’s not going to be on the 1st. This S3 reset was a one-time thing, the monthly resets are just for Killer Top 32. There will eventually be another global reset, too, but it’s going to be much later than that.

Exactly my thoughts. Something feels missing since the season 3 update.

1 Like

Lol completely off topic but “I used to be a killer like you but then my cloud file got corrupted and am back at zero again”

Season 3 looks like s1.
My only complain is about guest chars and missing things from previous seasons.

Gameplay and visuals, s3 are by FAR the best.