Killer Instinct Drawings and Sketches

Looks really awesome! Keep up the good work! And thanks for the WIP pic!

Streaming the finish work on the Spinal, still 3-4 hours to go I’d say, stop by if you feel like checking out my process and progress. =]

Spazz328 on Twitch

1 Like

I am so amazed that amount of support i’ve gotten drawing this. I got a lot of good vibes in my live streams of finishing (they’re in my highlights, very long), but I have finished my drawing, and I can really only let it speak for itself! Enjoy! =]

Spinal (Killer Instinct)

2 Likes

Ooo nice work
I’ll be posting something on here someday <3

1 Like

While not as good as other people’s professional drawings I drew a pic jago, shago and omen though it’s kinda of unfinished hope you guys like it anyway.

7 Likes

Just a few Kim Wu doodles to show

This one was inspired by one of RZStudios’ designs for kim wu:

Hope you guys like these <3
All of your drawings are really good kudos to all of you

13 Likes

:open_mouth: Once again with the hair! Superb!

1 Like

If anyone is interested, I learned my shading technique from an old youtube series by Eclectic Asylum, the dude is a shading genius, and teaches amazing and simple-ish ways of getting those more realistic effects, with little to no actual ‘lines’.

Finally got around to getting back into it again, and got a nice little graphics tablet, which is like a fantastical tool of magic, compared to a mouse. Here’s the first thing I started with.

Right off the top, I’ll say this is more or less a trace of a screenshot of Riptor’s model, as I do my outline layout work directly on top of my reference picture, so despite how good it looks, it is to drawing, what a calculator is to math… You get the ‘correct answer’ easily, but you still have to go through the steps. This is also just the first step, my last Spinal picture started out in the same way, and I’ll be giving this picture just as much detail, over time, and that can’t be traced. =]

Speaking of Tracing, I’d honestly encourage more people to do some high detail tracing, as a tool for learning. I have very little experience with drawing, but I’m learning very fast, largely thanks to doing some tracing. The trick is to not just trace the picture with a blank stare on your face, but to really pay attention to how the lines are laying down, redraw the ‘difficult’ lines several times to get a feel for making that type of line, and note WHY you’re making the line like that. If you’re doing a good job, tracing is showing you what the ‘correct lines’ are, but it still falls on you to learn what you can from it. =]

9 Likes

P.S. When I talk about encouraging people people to trace, I mean to make a Line Drawing out of an actual photo. Tracing what is already a Line Drawing (like anime/cartoons), doesn’t really teach you that much, because you don’t get to see a ‘real’ 3D object, with depth and curvatures, which is the focus of tracing an actual ‘3D’ image, to figure out what lines and techniques give your 2D line drawing, that little bit of extra faux ‘pop out’.

Finally got around to doodling some more KI Fanart, here’s “Skribble Sketch” of Cinder.

will update original post to contain all I’ve posted so far.

6 Likes

Heres one for you!

I hope you like this one
My drawing style changed a bit <3

9 Likes

Art imitates Life, in that manor. =]

Feels a lot better, to finally feel confident enough to just draw, and not worrying as much about making every picture come out super detailed and polished. Trying to focus more on just doing more sketches, for general practice.

Time to revive this thread, it’s been a while since I’ve doodled anything. I honestly think that we as a community should be drawing/ doodling as much KI art as we can regardless of the quality

10 Likes

I’ve always been a fan of those artists able to draw the characters in original poses and images other than just recreating any official photo. (Drawing a photo that’s seen before)

Good job!

Speaking of the Shadow Lords, I wonder if the upcoming KI comic will ever have Gargos fold his wings over each other like a mischievous cloak.
(Goliath from Gargoyles anyone?)

5 Likes

That gargos looks sick, also I finished this doodle of spinal before I left work. It’s based off another picture but oh well.

Edit:

9 Likes

You can almost hear the “YA HA HAA, AH HA HA!”

Or that could just be me and my auditory hallucinations… still, that’s a pretty sick drawing dude.

4 Likes

Guess you could probably consider this as Part 2

7 Likes

Jago unmasked… O_O

3 Likes