Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition CONFIRMED

…So is there actually anything new as far as exclusive content for the DE aside from the gargos skin codes & soundtrack? because I just loaded it up and I don’t see anything new. (Edit: nevermind…my disk tray was being stupid)

…not only that but my Gargos skin code isn’t working…it keeps saying I might need to try to redeem it on another website.

We’re looking in to this one. Appreciate the patience.

3 Likes

Hey so did you uninstall the digital version then installed the disc? What do you recommend for people who own the digital version and are getting the disc?

No, I just put it in, and it opened a download page which included several parts, including the Definitive Edition, which was a 6gb download from the disk. That app is where all the magic is, and is essentially a front-end app for the whole package.
So yeah, the DE technically isn’t in the game.

I might also add that while it isn’t on the CD, the entire KI music library is in the DE, even Killer Cuts & Gold Cuts.

2 Likes

How to we get platinum gargos is it a code too

Alright thanks man, saved me from uninstalling stuff unnecessarily lol

You mean for in game? Like the way the classic ki games have the option to play the music?

Yeah, pretty much.

1 Like

Can anyone say how much extra content is on the disc? Like in terms of the never before seen stuff and extra goodies? Kind of disappointed to find out the soundtrack only has 4 new songs on it (Since I already own S1 and S2 soundtracks) and I really was hoping we would get all the S3 ones since that was the only season not for sale yet.

Oh well, I was going to get the disc version regardless because I love physical stuff and want to support KI so it’s all good lol

Does the DE come with any KI-Gold? Does anything come with any KI-Gold besides simply buying KI-Gold?

Looking for an excuse to buy this thing and I need to buy some goodies from Kan-Ra to whip my team into shape!!!

I’m currently going through the documentaries…pretty cool

Spoiler:

Ken Lobb & Adam think Ki’s core is akin to a kid taking all his random toys like robots and dinosaurs & having them fight each other with no respect to stuff like “wait, does my He-man figure fit the lore of Transformers? No…it doesn’t so Skeletor needs to sit out”. Or in other words expect more guests…possibly lots!

2 Likes

wtf hmm…I’m hoping they mean by more diverse characters for the KI story and not just guests. but hmm

1 Like

From the sound of things…it’ll be both.

It has concept art, all season soundtracks, Character bios and man is eyedols amazing!!!, stage bios and much more!

1 Like

So now that its released, any plans to actually do right by LOYAL customers who supported you since day one and allow us to somehow purchase the extra stuff without having to rebuy the entire game again?

1 Like

Honestly wouldn’t read that as more “guests” specifically. This is good sign (to me at least) I really want them to go nuts with the characters. ##giantchicken4KI

You’re right but it certainly suggests they would be open to it. For what it’s worth I completely agree with them. KI characters may even be closest to cheap, off brand knockoff toys you find in a drug store. The game has always had a bit of tongue in cheek but still been able to make these characters awesome, the way my kids think all their junky toys are awesome. As long. As they keep doing that they will be just fine.

Not the nicest way to say it lol but yeah pretty much. Which is why I’m confused about people kicking and screaming about guest, Silly costumes, and how everyone isn’t super serious. lol.

Yes I love that they included all the music!
And the artwork of character concepts just makes me wonder why they didn’t have a bonus costume for each character as a nice wrap up :frowning:

I’d love to see maybe the 1st concept alt

Otherwise I’m scrolling through everything now

Always wondered what those backgrounds which were so small really looked like. Stages are the stars

I actually love jagos concept stage more

OMG a new KI main theme!
@rukizzel@developers Kim Wu trailer is missing from the DE trailer section

5 Likes

Just wondering- my 50% off ultimate source figure coupon will work for Orchid figure right