Killer Instinct Character Survey

It appears Bayliss came up with the idea when the new KI was announced. my bad.

3 Likes

The image in the thread is his proper concept art, by none other than Kevin Bayliss himself. Moluska was considered for Killer Instinct 2/Gold, in addition to a vampire character whoā€™s theme music made it into Conkerā€™s Bad Fur Day.
Both characters of these new characters, as well as Riptor and Thunder, were scrapped due to memory/storage issues.

1 Like

I hear people mentioning that Ultimates are an option in the survey. I looked at the options again and I swear Ultimates, Shadow Slots, and the additional written suggestion werenā€™t there in that part of the survey when I filled it out earlier today.

Not sure if this has already come up, but I can do the survey more than once. I havenā€™t but just a heads up!

1 Like

Lol You are satisfied with your guest.

No more guests.

spider-man plz

2 Likes

Ok, I officially want slime blanka

2 Likes

The only criticism I have is flip out. To me it doesnā€™t make sense. Of all the enders the game has to me this one doesnā€™t fit. To have your opponents character do a little flip right in front of you looks and feels wrong. Especially the larger characters. Thunder and arbiter look ridiculous flipping in a tight compressed back flip roll. Love everything else about the game. Cheers from adrunkhalfbreed!

Ben Farris version of Cinder tops my list. Eagle, Eyedol and Shadow Orchid would be great, but I think that B. Farris could be really freakin cool. Not really feelin Shark TJ or tree Aganos.

As for the character typesā€¦ Love the idea of a magical archer, a djinn, and lovecraftian character. Kinda hoped Iā€™d see old sage on there too, as if love for the old training guy from KI Gold to be a sort of guide for the heroes. Can anyone remember what other types there were?

This survey gives me strong hope for both a 9th character and season 4. Hereā€™s hoping! Also, big thanks to the devs for not only asking us for our opinions, but then synthesizing all that data, which given the numbers must take forEVER. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Magical Archer needs to say ā€œIā€™ve not seen such bravery!!ā€ either in his intro, taunt, or outroā€¦

ā€¦just sayingā€¦

1 Like

Nah he has to say ā€œYou have failed this city!ā€

2 Likes

Obscure Gauntlet reference > Obvious Green Arrow reference

2 Likes

Alternate character (character base)

I want a plant character but I think Kan Ra wouldā€™ve been a better base for that, than Aganos (with pollen and vines and whatnot) mad respect for representing broccoli man tho

Ben: Half Curious about this

Sharkman: I demand he has a freakin laser beam his head! Also belly flops, tackles, death rolls, and projectile vomit or water cannon? idk could be cool.

Kalvin: Sorta wanted this guy to be the plant guy but seem unlikely. Kinda curious about him too.

Shadow Orchid: Meh. I fear sheā€™ll just be evil blue Orchid .

2 Likes

The whole ā€œalternative characterā€ part kinda made me iffed. The fact that I couldnā€™t choose that I do NOT want any such character gave me a sour taste in my mouth. I donā€™t want a Shadow Orchid or any of the other options on that list. :frowning:

So are they going for ā€œcharacter variationsā€ like in MKX and DB Xenoverse? With the aganos, TJ etc

1 Like

More like Shago so thereā€™s probably stronger differentiation than the MKX Variations.

I personally suggested adding online training, since I really need direct and constant feedback to grow as a player. Reading guides has taught me a lot, but Iā€™m not really academic in my learning. Right now I gave my own skill a meager 6.

I voted for a djinn first and I think lovecraftian monster second, Eyedoll third, and joanna Dark fourth I think.

And off course new costumes.
Loved a lot of the alternate versions (Jay brocolli man!) but Sharkman TJ?..came kind of out of leftfieldā€¦

3 Likes

All I know is that I voted Eagle at the top and Eyedol at the bottom, the other choices didnā€™t really matter.

1 Like

I love that the team still has so many great ideas. I want it all. lol. Iā€™ve done the survey, but really, Iā€™m just excited Season 4 seems extremely likely.

I actually like the Mollusca idea. It fullfills multiple roles - heā€™s a sea creature, a slime-like ooze creature with potential to have acid attacks, and he can have a camouflage special move that makes him harder to see (where heā€™s not entirely invisible, but blends in with the background, kind of like Fulgore does when he disappears and reappears) as well as an electrical shell attack similar to Blanka, where he quickly pulls himself inside of it (I imagine it making for a great anti-air, but vulnerable to low attacks - his c.HP perhaps?). He could leave a temporary slime trap on the ground that does no damage, but 'causes the opponent to automatically stagger when stepping in it or landing on it for a free punish, due to the stench emenating from said trap. His forward throw could be a body-crushing move where he slams his shell onto them and his back-throw could either be the same, but where he rolls off of them onto the other side or where he simply tosses them onto and over his shell.

So many great ideas off of this concept. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

well, if last char has to be released this month is logical that they canā€™t make a new char starting from now or from when poll will be closedā€¦ but is not excluded that the poll could include that who will be the last char. maybe there are more than one ready to go and the only question is about timing: now, later or eventually season 4.

1 Like