Killer Instinct Character Survey

Saberwulf isn’t a guest for starters. That old rare game has nothing to do with KI. Second of all I didn’t say to get rid of them, I said that I didn’t care for arbiter or Raam, but rash is fine. I’m not really sure what you’re getting at or what you’re point is. IM saying that ki is better off without guests, and damn sure better with anymore than the 3 we already have. Nothing you can say will change the way I feel so I wouldn’t waste your time. Go petition someone for a Microsoft all stars game or something.

1 Like

If number 8 is another guest, I just might stop playing KI.

Your justifiable reason being?

Too many guests and the rest of the cast no longer gets my attention. It’s a fun game though but I think I might move on, not sure yet.

He’s a consumer who’s free to play or not play KI as he wishes. Doesn’t need his reason to be “justifiable” or anything of the sort.

2 Likes

Fair enough if the existing character roster doesn’t interest you.

@STORM179 I’m really bad at shutting my mouth, could you tell? :worried:

While this is absolutely true, it also shouldn’t be surprising that “I’ll take my ball and go home” quit threats have a tendency to generate disbelief and annoyance from the community.

Yeah, they do. My general response is to pop in to check it off my unread list, mute the thread, and then go on about my business. While you’re quite free to quit KI for whatever reason, I’ve no obligation to read and interact with your going-away speech. :-p

2 Likes

Unless it’s the “I Quit KI!” thread in the Off Topic section. It’s gold.

2 Likes

I already paid for the whole Season 3 months ago so I got absolutley nothing to lose on whoever comes this month.

It’s not like I’m against any certain additions either.

1 Like

More like I might be dropping KI, not quitting. And it wasn’t a speech or a threat either, just my honest opinion.

Don’t take it personal, people come and go all the time.

[quote=“DiGiJUL3S, post:324, topic:11912”]
Saberwulf isn’t a guest for starters. That old rare game has nothing to do with KI.
[/quote] Maybe not, but Saberwulf existing in KI has everything to do with the Saber Wulf game. Ergo guest.

In fact, the only real thing making any of these characters “guests” is that they as of yet have no cannon within KI. Who knows…they might soon…the game’s not done yet.

I will say one thing though, Arby is not Halo’s Arby. They have made that clear from the get-go that KI’s Arbiter is not Thel Vaddam or Rippa Mormamee or even a part of Halo’s cannon…he is simply KI’s Arbiter.

Anyway, my point is guests have been a part of KI since it’s conception. If you don’t like it that’s fine but keep in mind KI is in its infancy compared to series like SF or MK, and the current game has already far surpassed what the originals had with story, characters, gameplay, concepts, etc. Of course it’s not MS’s Smash, but then again KI may exist within a larger MS multiverse.

Whatever the case, it’s not nice to walk into a thread and say “I don’t care what anyone else thinks, everybody’s ideas are rediculous, but you should listen to my opinions!!” It doesn’t tend to merit good will from others.

I don’t think you’re understanding the point of his quote. He’s saying he already spent his money so his expectations are low and an addition he’s not completely pleased with won’t hurt him.

Somewhat. I’m just saying if it’s a character that doesn’t catch my attention, it’s not like I have to pay any more money.

But I’m playing Killer Instinct like I do for other fighting games: Come for the characters, stay for the gameplay (aka, I care more for the gameplay than I do for characters).

Do you mean amalgamations like fulgore being terminator, robocop and predator?

No, just Saberwulf.

1 Like

I was making a generic point - it wasn’t directed at you specifically. As I said before, you’re quite free to play or not play as you desire. If the game isn’t fun or interesting to you, then you shouldn’t play it. Games are supposed to be fun, and if they aren’t then you should find something else to play or do that’s enjoyable.

I’d be disappointed if it’s another guest…which I plead for the sake of all of Shadow Jago isn’t the case, but NO WAY am I dropping this game if it happens.

Why didn’t they add more new character ideas on their survey besides guests?