Killer Instinct Character Survey

I have played Halo 3 and other games before I skipped out on Halo 5 (for personal reasons not relevant to this topic) and Rash (though until the august reveal, I never played battle toads and decided to give it a try, it’s a pretty good game though what people said about the nes game was true.
The arbiter was unexpected like Is aid, but I welcomed it.

I just think guests should not be added anymore since it could take up the space for other potential cool concept’s for characters.

I’m not against that but unfortunately, the Spartan’s primary weapon is the guns. The arbiter was chosen cause he and the Sanghilli were known for more than just firearms. That’s not saying Spartans can’t do hand to hand combat.

Still, I don’t think guests are needed.

IMHO, every character is pretty Intresting in their own right. I don’t see any boring characters. It’s just that characters like Riptor peaks my interest (been a dinosaur fan since I was a kid, even before (Jurassic Park came out). Glacius became my favorite in KI-1 as well but didn;'t become a full fledged favorite until KI-2 since Riptor was not in KI-2.

Some of the cast while not personal favorite has earned my respect over the years.

1 Like

I was mostly just using the armor ability list as a means of point out that a Spartan wouldn’t have to necessarily rely on guns to quell the ones that would be " huh-uh, no way. They wouldn’t fit…all they do is shoot stuff. KI isn’t a FPS!!!"

And yes, of course they’re not needed, none of the guests are, but it does add variety to the game. Personally, I don’t mind getting a little Halo chocolate in my KI peanut butter, so long as it’s a fun addition.

I’m probably one of the only people who put a guest from a completely separate company. If another guest was added, it would be better to see something non microsoft specific.

Damn I missed the survey. I would have voted for Eyedol.

1 Like

For me I admit IG has made at least one character that bores me from an aesthetic point: Mira. Gameplay wise she’s kind of fun though…I admit her aesthetics made me avoid trying her for awhile.

Also I honestly just don’t want another Halo character as a guest. Much as I love the franchise I already have enough hot sauce on my chicken. Too much and it may become inedible. Arby’s enough for the Halo series honestly. Adding another character from the same franchise will actually cut down diversity in my honest opinion.

I’d much rather be for a new character that can expand the KI lore.

Characters: lovecraftian creature, wendigo, sharkman. Arakune (bb) as a guest but i know that won’t happen .

Content: stages for all characters, more colors, more costumes, more accessories.

Features: lower and more strict ping limit for online ranked, and filter options for ranked. Connection strength, frame delay, ping etc for online exhibition. These features would make online better, especially ranked. You would get better quality matches in ranked and have the ability to weed out incompatible connections in exhibition, without the need to test and quit on people constantly due to unbearable lag.

Would also like to see the breaker/counter breaker system re worked. There should be a small penalty i feel to deter 1st frame mash breaking. Counter breakers are too inconsistent after the changes to act as a strong enough deterent.

1 Like

Do opener->linker - this is guaranteed to catch anyone truly mashing breaker with a timing lockout.

5 Likes

3 types of auto and also 3 types of linkers. Same chances to guess breaking on 1st frame. I think .

This issue is , imo , is one must serious bugs in KI. Maybe the only bad thing in the combo /breakers /counter breakers system.

I repeat: you cannot 1st frame break a linker performed after an opener. It will in all situations generate a timing lockout, even for linkers where there is not an obvious gap between the opener that comes before it. Take it into practice and try it out for yourself. There is a slight timing difference between a 0-frame break on an AD and a linker, and that difference is enough to punish someone truly mashing breakers with a timing lockout.

Someone is of course free to do a slightly delayed guess break, which will catch both linkers and AD’s. But true mash breaking (which is what many lower-level players do) loses to opener->linker every time.

3 Likes

How is this a bug?

EYEDOL! gimme gimme!

Really!? While I already knew it was good for fishing for lockouts, I figured they could still combo-break on a correct guess.

1 Like

Really. If they’re frame 1 breaking after opener, then opener->linker wins every time. Mind you, if they’re delaying the guess a hair then they can get away with a break, so it’s better to use linkers that have gaps in front of them anyway if you have one. That stretches the timing lockout window out a bit more, and ensures that people have to actually wait before they try to get out of impending damage.

1 Like

Linkers cannot be broken during startup (while auto-doubles can). That’s why linkers generate timing lockouts and why they are good at stopping mash breaks. Some linkers (like Hisako ORZ) are better at it because they have longer startup than usual, but it always works.

1 Like

No.more.guests. I don’t care what anybody thinks or has to say about it. This isn’t Microsoft all stars and we Flat out don’t need a slingle guest character we don’t already have. Rash alone was fine, but arbiter and even more so RAAM are unnecessary and basically in MY OPINION an excuse to not have to come up with more original KI characters. All these people saying Joanna dark and master chief and this and that and the brute that was on the survey are straight up ridiculous. If you want a game like that then go play smash brothers or PlayStation all stars.

1 Like

Maybe i use the wrong word , maybe bug is not the rigth word for it , i dont measn this is a programing/code bug is more an error because breakers can go out in auto dobles even before the animation starts . The breaker window sould start with the animation . I did not know that you can punish the guess breaking game doing opener linker insteead of openenr double. Thanks to you and Infilament for sharing this . I will verify and implement it to my game .

Thanks for sharing this , maybe it is out there in other topics or posts but i havent see it. And this is a very good information.

Lol. I swear the things I write don’t become true until the precise moment Infil cosigns on them… :joy:

4 Likes

Even though I knew this, I didn’t believe you until Infil said so. Kappa

3 Likes

Yeah, let’s get rid of all the guests…Arby, Rash, Raam, Saberwulf…

…oh wait…

https://goo.gl/images/FIQRpu