Killer Instinct Character Survey

Indeed…for a game like KI VR would be a bad idea. The game was not set up for the POV of the character. It just wouldn’t work.

The only VR would work on KI would be if they handled it similar to MK 9 on PS3 where it was in 3D.
…Or heck, make a virtual arcade where you play KI on a cabinet.

…Of course it wouldn’t do much for me since I have a custom KI arcade cabinet, but still…

1 Like

I made a thread about my ideas about the new characters possible gameplay, I will be updating it over time, fell free to come by!

Yeah but would they have limited ammo like Arbiter?

I feel that after 9000 surveys KI’s future is brighter.

I fell like whatever the out cone is we will get all those listed characters because it was enough for a season right? It looked like 8 or 9 to me idk but yea looks solid

1 Like

Voted for Joanna Dark :heart:

Its a shame that they didnt put on that list Myrrah, Dark Queen from Battletoads and even Spawn (who previously was the special char in Soulcalibur 2 for Xbox edition).

Nevertheless, we want more guest characters from old school Rareware!! :smiley:

8 Likes

I asked them for spawn lol

1 Like

A Phantom Dust character would have been an amazing addition for a psychic character

1 Like

I never saw the point of 3rd person VR. I mean, isn’t virtual reality supposed to make us feel like we’re IN the setting? Unless you’re playing from the perspective of an omnipotent god, I’m fairly certain we view our world from a first person perspective, so it’d be pretty jarring even for people who don’t get sick from VR I suspect.

1 Like

Eyedol is my #1 choice but I absolutely love the idea of new characters based on a Wendigo, Djinn or Lovecraft style monster!!! Eagle would be cool too, I would rather have that than Shadow Orchid…and even though I don’t want Shorchid I would take her over the guests listed.

3 Likes

I had something like that to. as I’d like to see a character that can add more to the KI universe.
even MKX has had a bad habit of doing this with guests and it’s getting annoying.

Now if people love to see guests that’s fine. They have their own personal preferences and they are entitled to that. But I think it is time to get back to add more to lore. .

I actually don’t even have an issue with guests, I just don’t like any of the ones for this game. I love MKX’s guests, im a huge fan of those characters (Especially Jason and Leatheface) but I couldn’t care less about Halo or Gears characters. Rash is ok, and this Joanna character everybody is talking about seems like she might be cool too though.

2 Likes

Rash is really fun to play, and Joanna Dark must fit perfect in the game !! I really want her to be added.

2 Likes

It’s a pity they seem to only can include Microsoft ip. That cuts out a large number of potential guests that people enjoy

My issue is having too many. though someone told me that Joanna dark could be more than a gun fighter. though I would like someone to inform me if she has done something in the games other than shooting. (I’m not trying to make their arguments invalid I just want to know)

also, I think we need more characters that can add to the KI universe. Now the arbiter, I thought was a welcoming addition. as Halo was one of the first game sI played on an Xbox console (Halo 3 specifically)

Yeah I agree with that too. We already have l3, and if the 8th character is really the last of S3 idk how I would feel about it being a guest. I obviously wouldn’t be angry or anything, maybe just a bit disappointing. I personally don’t hate these guests, I just have never played the games they are from so I pretty much have no idea who they are and have no attachment to them. I have played a Halo game before with friends before a long time ago but I barley remember it lol

@HailFireSpawn: True, but I think this is something they are choosing to do rather than have to do. Kind of like how Smash Bros was only Nintendo characters for a long time, it would seem since this game is XB exclusive they want to keep the guests XB exclusive too. I might be wrong though and it could just be a coincidence lol

@guixtreme: I have googled her and she looks cool, but I don’t know anything about her. Ill have to read up on her and get an idea of who she is. I think a female guest character would be cool, and out of the choices in the poll I would pick her over Halo Brute and Crackdown agent lol

With all the various armor abilities they have had in Halo since Reach a Spartan would be a neat addition, IMHO. They wouldn’t even have to use guns…there’s plenty they could do without 'em…boosted shoulder charge, armor lock, jetpack, light shield, hologram decoy, boost slam, boost slide, auto sentry, not to mention they could probably throw in some moves from DOA like the plasma grenade grab (loved that move)…

Ugh that spartan moved pretty terribly. Arbither pretty much already has the plasma grenade grab and the cloaking. I’d rather ANYTHING over another guest, especially a boreing chief.

2 Likes

Personally Kelvin I’m not sure about this possibility. Since we have Cinder and Glacius, I’d figured that character would be it’s own uniqe thing.

Personally I hope the devs actually consider Ultimates for the next season, among other things.

I also wouldn’t mind more color options to.

For me in general I’d rather not have any more guests at all. Since I think MS/IG already catered to the old school Rare folks with Rash and already netted in the other audience such as the Halo and Gears players with Arby and RAAM.

I personally jut want to see more original and uniqe takes on the cast in KI.

I agree that Nicole 458 is a rather boring character (honestly I’d just about say the same for the rest of the DOA cast, but that’s just me)…I just put that video up to show the plasma grenade grab…that move was awesome. Everything else she did…yeah throw it out. But honestly…has IG made a boring character so far? I mean sure there are some that you may not like, but are they boring?? I really doubt they’d make a spartan boring.

1 Like