Killer Instinct and Project Scorpio

I think Scorpio’s room for error is a great discussion. Just as good as KI’s involvement with it. They go hand in hand.

That being said, this isn’t meant to be a negative discussion. Just an interesting one.

…and I’m simply suggesting that we don’t really know enough about Scorpio to really warrant a factual-based discussion. It’ll all be subjective at this point, which means that it’s not really a discussion so much as a sharing of opinions that’ll literally just go in circles ad nauseum…

“I like this.”
“I like that.”
“I disagree.”
“I disagree with you.”
“I know, but I like this.”
“I know, but I like that.”
…and so on.

Why? Bragging rights that I can do this overly unnecessary input?

Speculators will speculate. If people didn’t want to discuss it, we wouldn’t discuss it. But here we are.

No, I don’t. Looking at MKX, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Tekken 7. KI doesn’t come close graphics or animation wise. Content, yes but that’s it. Those games definitely are eye catchers and look like they were made with talented teams. Even SFV, which has an insane amount of problems. I want KI to look amazing and have much more eye popping visuals.

I totally agree with you. Halo, Gears, and Forza are all backed with a lot of money into it. KI should get some of that too. I want it to turn heads like the new Gears did at E3 this year.

1 Like

I would def hope for a huge resolution increase and crazy HQ textures.

1 Like

Bigger budget = bigger teams = more talent = more likely to have a better game. It’s simple arithmetic. The more you have, the more you can do with it - it’s the classic rich vs. poor argument.

With that said, I’m not saying IG has no talent - far from it. They have plenty, but they’ll only be able to take it so far and only at a certain pace. You also have to remember that they didn’t start the current reimagining that is the current KI; that honor belongs to Double Helix - it was just given to IG on a silver platter, and they worked with what they got. Considering how well they’ve done too, I can only sit back and look upon their work in awe and applaud my approval. I have no doubt in my mind that if they had started it from scratch themselves, it almost certainly would be better in every sense of the word - but that’s not the world we’re living in, so I choose to enjoy that which we have and not to worry about what we could have. If we get something better, then great! Until then, however, I’ll settle with being perfectly content.

1 Like

that’s it! Short frames please. please, plaese!

Such short animations would not work in this KI with how you need to be able to react to doubles to break them.

I agree. I enjoy the game, just want Microsoft to take this game more seriously. I’m happy with it and it’s definitely the best fighter in over a decade.

I just hope IG gets to show off their talents even more with a bigger budget. I’m just waiting for it!

Imagine KI with Smite & Overwatch cgi power trailers and shorts. They are like mini Dreamworks/ Pixar works of art.

Since year one I’ve wished KI fell into the hands of artists of that caliber. I imagine orchid having expression like the smite heroine in the trailer. It’s awesome! Netherrealm is advancing as well.

Even Namco Soul Calibur trailers/ Marvel vs capcom / or in hindsight Activision’s Marvel Ultimate Alliance cutscenes from 2010 are amazing.

Here’s hoping the next iteration of the franchise meets very talented artists !

The overwatch animations turned out better then the actual game.

They (Overwatch trailers) are amazing ! I don’t plan on ever playing the game - once I found out it was a view of two hands in front of you I lost interest.

It’s that cgi quality in their trailers id love to see for KI !

That requires a bigger budget and more promotion.

Just noticed this post.

Actually I think the inputs should be a little tougher at times. In KI it’s really easy to do fancy stuff because the game’s inputs can be mashed out really easily/quickly.

Ask yourself how Arbiter would play if you had to charge back to throw a grenade. Or if Thunder’s grab was a 360 degree motion. Stuff like that could in theory make the game a lot more interesting to play.

Why make an input harder? That’s self handicapping.

1 Like

Because it adds a new layer of skill to the game.

So what if Arbiter had to charge for his grenade? That’s a full in game second that you have to be on defense before you can get your best pressure tool out.

Just really basic stuff like that. Don’t dismiss it so fast. Really take the time to think about it optimistically.

I’ll play your game. Ok, I want wulf’s run to be a charge, thunder’s shadow comand grab a 720 motion, I want cinder’s dp to be a charge, I want TJ to be a full charge. You also have to hold the charges during combos with the charge partitioning is 2 frames. Each charge takes 72 frames before using.

I also want charges (all charges moves) to be lost when I cross up them up. Should be able to play with that nicely.