Killer Instinct and Project Scorpio

We’ll see about that. I don’t see SFV crushing anyone yet.

Also, 4k graphics…Who has 4k TV’s?.. ain’t nobody got time fo that.

I’m all for KI2 but… if KI2 looked even less than OG KI I’d be annoyed so…

Street Fighter V is a disgrace to SF history. With Ono involved there won’t be any greats. The last good Street Fighter game to me was Third Strike, sadly.

A cinematic story would not be revolutionary. MK and SF already done that. Shadows though is revolutionary. They need to take advantage of it.

1 Like

Agreed. With a bigger budget I couldn’t imagine what they could create.

To address some of the counter arguments in one go I’ll say this. Scorpio and Neo under the right circumstances could be considered 9th gen hardware. It will just be running the same OS. But even that’s subject to change.

In the OP, I was talking about any point in time during the Scorpio or Neo’s life cycle (Probably over 5 years). I know these new titles aren’t coming right now. Just goes to show how bad I am at talking about stuff haha.

To address only the graphics changing, one of the recent Call of Dutys (can’t remember which one) had to cut campaign out of the 7th gen versions. Could have either be a space issue or maybe there were elements in the campaign that just couldn’t run on the previous hardware.

AND YES, EVEN A CHANGE IN GRAPHICS CAN ABSOLUTELY DIVIDE A COMMUNITY. Imagine if the PC and Scorpio versions of KI introduced features that could only run on that respective hardware. Even if crossplay is still possible, you’ll always have a small minority complaining that we deserve to have those features on Xbox One. If the “9th gen” versions of KI got a graphics upgrade? People would be complaining about the same thing! We deserve those graphics on Xbox One! Other people would start debating on which one is the tournament edition and how somehow vanilla KI was better.

But anyway. Let’s talk about gameplay. I think a lot of you are right, gameplay doesn’t need to change at all. But in the sequel, it will. That’s what I want to talk about.

Shows how much I know LOL.

…and you don’t believe it has? The ONLY thing that’s keeping this game from truly reaching AAA status, IMO, is the development team’s manpower - they’re too small to give us everything we want and/or need. Everything they have already given us though is alrready AAA in my book, if not outright better than other FGs. Because of them we have a great variety of characters (that aren’t copies of other characters) and character-specific game mechanics that also vary widely; we have some of the best netcode there is in KI too; we have near-monthly updates; devs that are really close to the community and that actually listen; and so on…

2 Likes

Hey, no lie. We’ve got great devs! But this is not AAA treatment. Microsoft is too busy focusing on Halo and Gears to give anything else AAA treatment.

1 Like

just make it really fast paced. I wouldnt mind if they bring back the complicated inputs from the classics.

While people would argue and debate about graphical changes all they want, this won’t actually split the community - as I said before, graphics won’t split the community. Preventing crossplay, however, will (which is incredibly unlikely, since MS is pushing for it so hard).

If it gets to such a graphical divide that the game itself will need to be considered as 2 different versions, then yes, that could divide the community but that’s not likely to happen because HD to 4K is not as drastic a change as you might think, and the kind of graphical difference/disparity that you’re thinking of is a long way away (I’d wager 5+ years or more). In truth, even if it does happen, the game’s community will be divided between versions, yes, but no more than any other FG series/franchise already is. For example, you have SF4 and SF5 fans, but they’re all still part of the SF community at large.

All in all, I think you worry too much about the little things. We’re not quite there yet, so why worry at all? Let’s just enjoy what we have now and start worrying when we actually need to when it counts.

You mean it isn’t!? What world are you from?

fast like KI1, got it???

1 Like

KI1 isn’t fast; I’d wager it doesn’t even run at 60fps - it just has incredibly short animations is all…

I’m not worried at all. Actually I’m really excited! Even if I have to drop $500+ on a new Xbox, we’re gonna be getting some awesome games no matter what. I just don’t think the way Microsoft advertises the Scorpio is realistic at all.

What advertising? All we’ve had so far is the reveal itself (and to be honest, it wasnt much of a reveal) - that’s it!

They say every game that runs on Xbox one will run on Scorpio and vice versa. Watch the reveal again!

…and it would appear that you don’t trust said advertising. Have a bit more faith than that, dude! I’ll say it again - you’re already worrying about something we don’t need to be worrying about (yet).

No dude, you got it all wrong! This is excitement.

And why not talk about it?

Weirdest kind of excitement I’ve ever seen…

…and why not talk about it? Because it’s not really a topic worth discussing (yet). The whole disparity aspect, that is. Improving gameplay is fine to talk about. :wink: