Killer Instinct and Project Scorpio

That’s excessive! I’m just saying that 1 or 2 charge characters could spice up the cast. Trying to make my idea sound stupid by overexaggerating it doesn’t really do much to defend your side of the argument.

Oh nonononono you wanted depth. You never specified what kind of depth. So I’m giving it to you.

So let’s take TJ in the sequel and say that powerline is a charge move. You can charge it once and use it to open up a combo. Charge moves should not need to be charged when used as linkers. That’s one of the ways that charges could work in KI. You don’t want charge linkers because they could slow the overall pace of the game down and lead to frustratingly dropped combos.

That last post was a mess but you should be able to pull some sense out of there.

In a game like KI charge would hinder. He would barely able to keep a charge. With all the crossups, resets and teleports KI has.

I don’t know where you’re getting any of this from either. I said the very slightly tougher inputs could add a new layer of skill to the game so certain things aren’t so easy to mash out. You’re putting words in my mouth.

We’re talking about a sequel here. Everything changes in a sequel. The only prerequisite is that a KI sequel needs to have openers, linkers and autodoubles. Who knows how certain characters will play.

No, I’m just typing words and they go on-screen. Making inputs more difficult adds unnecessary barriers, as I’ve said before.

If harder inputs added more depth then explain why SFV, MK, (not sure about KOF or GG) and smash don’t have “harder inputs”?

Uhh they do? SFV has charges and Gief’s famous 360 degree motion as well.

No, I’m talking pretzel charges or 720 motions.

That’s a ridiculous over exaggeration and you know it…

SF4 had those inputs (Gief still has his 720 Ca though.) I also said charge moves wouldn’t work with KI, given the nature of the game.

Never did I call for 720 degree motions.

Again, we’re talking about a SEQUEL! The sequel could play completely different with a similar combo system.

Game would have to be slower then and less cross-ups/teleports and all that jazz. You even wanted charges to be a full ingame second…do you know how long that is?

KI 1 had stuff like this and it was fast as hell.

So what if we get a lot more footsies in the sequel. What’s wrong with that?

Additionally I’m not used to the genre of fighting games and I’m not entirely sure how long the charge is supposed to be.

And it didn’t do so well.

The ingame clock is 2.5-3 seconds a second on the timer. That’s a REALLY long time to charge. TJ for example would walk himself into a corner just to get one charge move off. Or hold down back and be a sitting duck.

I didn’t grow up in arcades, I don’t know how it did. But having played it today, I don’t think the motions are the reason it didn’t do well…

There were many reasons why KI didn’t fare the best back in the day.

Okay so what, I misjudged the in-game timer. That doesn’t exactly devalue the points I made though.