Killer Insight: SightlessKombat

One of my favorite reads! Nice to meet you, sightless.

Awesome interview man! You are truly inspiring. I finally activated my live account so we can finally play some sets if you ever want to!

How you can play KI??? I mean you know how to combos and combo breaker? Please tell meā€¦ : )

Awesome stuff ā€“ whatā€™s next? Top 32? Tournaments? :smiley:

1 Like

He is already the best UK player apparently, since he has no competition! Thats a title iā€™d be proud of!

1 Like

@SightlessKombat
Thatā€™s what I wanna know. I can imagine that youā€™re pretty good at distinguishing sounds but how do you figure out spacing? And is there a way to determine what side youā€™re fighting on? I guess there has to be, itā€™s just that I never noticed.

Speaking as someone who has done blind matches (I blindfold myself) against @SightlessKombat ; The game has positional sound. Meaning, if youā€™re on the left side your characterā€™s sounds will come from your left speaker and vice-versa. There is also a fade that happens when a fireball is traveling through the center of the screen that fades from the left speaker to the right and vice-versa.

1 Like

Interesting, I guess with music cranked up to max and the built-in speakers of my TV itā€™s no surprise that Iā€™ve never noticed that :smiley:
And itā€™s really amazing that the devs took care of such subtleties that the majority of players might never realize.

I noticed the fading in particular when I started writing a dojo guide for Sightless, of which Iā€™m unfortunately still editing. Itā€™s a habit I have from my current job.

SO much respect for @SightlessKombat even if he did tried to trick me with Aganos mirror match haha!

AMAZING KI PLAYER!

Dont believe it guysā€¦ this guy has Jean Grey Powers!

play him! ur see hes amazing!

Dont forget with fulgore he can aways know what side of the screen he is on due to the teleport.

this guy can hear ur autos too! L M H your will get broken probably far more than a visual player!

@SightlessKombat made me play his way too! it was brilliant!

SO different but brilliant. You hear. It. All

Yeah maybe we can set something up. :slightly_smiling:
I donā€™t doubt that heā€™s amazing, it just boggles my mind how heā€™s able to do certain things :confused:

1 Like

I canā€™t believe I missed this yesterdayā€¦ I blame food poisoningā€¦

He is a great guy and even greater Killer instinct player! :slightly_smiling:

Hope to play this guy again soonā€¦after I get betterā€¦

Sorry Iā€™m late to the party.

@SightlessKombat Way to make the ink man! First Killer rank then the front pages.

Next upā€¦EVO championship?

Keep up that Fulgore pressure. Looking forward to playing with you guys again in the next forum battles.

A little random, but isnā€™t KI4Life from the UK?

Or is it the Netherlands? Now Iā€™m confusedā€¦ :disappointed_relieved:

@SightlessKombat

Iā€™m curious to know what kind of audio settings do you set during your matches?

do you leave everything at default or turn off the music, etcā€¦

Thanks,

Thanks for all the kind words, encouragement, compliments, support etc that you have shown me. Iā€™ll say that there are other players from the UK, most of whom Iā€™d say are probably better than me. Whether thatā€™s because of pure skill alone or due to the fact that when they face me they have an advantage of sight is a question that comes into pretty much every match though (Iā€™m not trying to disrespect/insult those players in any way).

For those wondering about audio settings, there is already a topic (which Iā€™ll have to try and find unless someone else gets there first) where I list the settings (and a couple of other tips as well). But I do have a couple of additions planned (nothing set yet but if they happen, I@ll let youknow).

To clarify about projectiles like Jagoā€™s Endokuken:
Itā€™s not technically a ā€œfadeā€, but a projectile specific travelling sound that pans across the screen whilst the projectile is in motion.

If any of you guys want to run matches with me, feel free to let me know and Iā€™m sure we can arrange it. Iā€™ll even be willing to run orientation sessions for those who want to learn the game blindfolded, the only prerequisits being you have a microphone, a blindfold and are willing to give it a shot and ask questions about how it works.

Thanks again for the recognition.

For spacing, itā€™s a matter of focusing on where you are and where the other character is in relation to you. Even if they stand still, their idol animations, their block animations, their jumps, their light/medium/heavy jabs/kicks, and any number of other elements all make sounds. Itā€™s just learning the ranges of moves as you play that takes time, but itā€™s worth it when you can continue beating the other guy with back+HK when the Jago player tries to windkick to get in at you.

Just keep the questions coming and Iā€™ll see what I can do in terms of answering. Also, the video is now fixed to allow everyone to watch it within the interview for those who havenā€™t already.

1 Like

People have been asking for something like this for a while, but Iā€™ve finally managed to put something together:
A little more info on how I play Killer Instinct blindfolded

2 Likes