Kilgore win animation: maybe too long?

animations give life to the characters, I think should be enhanced, not reduced. the only solution is to skip the video. but these animations are not to be damaged.

1 Like

I like the face zoom. I see it as a nod to Fulgore since the same thing kinda happens in his victory pose as well.

1 Like

I like kilgores intro and outro

So just going to pop in here to take issue with this statement. SFV isn’t any more streamlined in its outros than KI, and in my experience FT10’s usually take far longer in that game. Between 10 second supers, stage corner animations, and Karin’s long ■■■ outro (complete with its own post cinematic loading), I find that SFV is actually quite a bit worse than KI in terms of moving you into your next match. The battle lounge system takes FOREVER to even do a FT3 because of all the extraneous shenanigans the game has going on.

2 Likes

You make lots of good points there that I hadn’t considered. I haven’t played SFV since before corner animations were a thing (and that game actually let’s people play in the Lab, so they’d almost never be a factor for me anyway), and playing WAY more local than online, I hadn’t even thought of all the silly fluff loading between matches.

I guess I hadn’t noticed their outros being on par. SFV often seems like relatively quick poses and a jump to the victory screen, as opposed to a little movie. Maybe they do take as long as one another, SF’s just feel shorter. Except Alex (and some others) - I swear his power squats are shorter than a KI outro, and also fxck Karin, hers does take KI-time.

Playing local cuts out a lot of the crap that makes SFV sets take so long though - unfortunately, this is not really the case for KI. That is the hinge of my assessment, by the way - having so much of my evening wasted when my opponents are all in the same room.