Kilgore win animation: maybe too long?

That’s all well and good. Nothing wrong with enjoying any of that stuff. But there are a goodly number of players who don’t play fighting games for better cinematics or immersive qualities, just as there are a goodly number otherwise.

I wholly agree with Climax’s point that it should all be skippable. That way, the folks that do get a kick out of the little movies in all their various incarnations aren’t losing out on anything (they don’t have to skip stuff) while the folks that showed up to play like they’d put up their quarter can play this brilliant bloody game mostly unimpeded.

Win/Win.

If you guys want great gameplay without all the cinematics and wait time in a FG, I have a couple of suggestions for you - Rock, Paper, Scissors and Flip a Coin. It’s as pure as gameplay gets for FGs. :yum:

3 Likes

Every bit of trivial detail is enough to open long arse threads here. We complain too much for unnecessary things

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind them cutting off a little bit of his win animation at the part where he zooms in. Because I like the rest of what his animation does!

1 Like

Lemme do ya one better, homie.

First determine how many coin flips one must lose to be declared Dead. Then proceed to play “Too Drunk For Fighting Games,” whose rules are as follows:

1. Play RPS until one draw beats the other.
  2. Play Coinflip. The loser of RPS calls heads/tails (guesses).
  3. Repeat steps 1-2 until a player is declared “Dead”.
  4. Dead means you lose, loosah.
  5. Loosah drinks.
  6. Repeat steps 1-5 until it sounds like a bad idea.
2 Likes

I like it when it zooms to his face because you hear his gurgles like sounds like a robotic predator lol

Omg is this that sound that happens when he wins

Lmao choke

2 Likes

I think his chest opening and missiles flying towards the camera would be totally badass :3

1 Like

Fear the Moo!

1 Like

You know what it really sounds like? Have you ever seen someone pull a calf? It’s what they call it when a cow is giving birth and the calf gets stuck. My dad had cows for a short period of time when i was in high school. One of our cows had that issue, so my grandpa tied a rope around the calf’s legs and we pulled it out. The cow made a sound like Gargos does and passed out. The calf was fine btw.

1 Like

I think it should end right when he cools off.

Speaking of, arbiter’s intro is too long.

Intros are skipable, so no problem with that

1 Like

I agree, but clone-haters might think it’d be too similar to Fulgore’s win pose with the laser. Maybe if he did it at the same time as his chain-guns as a full on barrage of death and destruction and have a “broke your TV” kind of effect, like Cyrax from MK (kind of a homage to robots)? I think that’d be pretty cool.

2 Likes

IMO the actual animation is good (chaingun shots,overheats, cools himself)

Say a lot about him, my only problem is the face zoom. I find it unnecessary since he has no expression.

Again, it FEELS too long because that last segment is irrelevant compared to the rest of the animations.

1 Like

JEEZ-us. Lol

1 Like

Yeah sorry, a bit graphic, but it was necessary to explain the sound.

1 Like

Gargos is really a demon cow.

Hmmm, I can see it.

1 Like

I think it’s perfect

1 Like