Kilgore Walkthrough with Iron Galaxy

I said it before, I would rather IG keep the whole $10 for game content instead of passing half for prize money.

Let’s be honest, most of the players that win these pots spend the same amount of time damaging the game as they do promoting it. I wondering use names, but we know who they are.

If they would have said Kilgore is $10. $5 is for him, and the other $5 is to make his stage, and I bet very few people would have said anything.

I want to support the game, and not give money to people that I don’t like in the first place.

That’s kind of how I feel. I have not been too impressed with a lot of the personalities the bulk of this money would mostly likely be going to. I’ll watch streams occasionally, so I guess I benefit somewhat if they’re more exciting. If I recall a lot of tourney players were citing a lack of pot money for their lack of motivation to attend tournaments, so they better put their money where their mouth is.

I bought the character because a character is pretty much essential content for the game for me. I admit, they got me on this one, and I don’t feel super great about my purchase to be honest.

THere are many pages but the main to are private, you have to join. KI ultimate fans and KI community page

I’m just wondering if all the pros that down play the hell out of KI will come back the second there’s money to be won.

1 Like

Wherever the money is…many will follow.

It’s like fishing, just need the right bait.

I mean look at SFV. Many said “no I’m not playing it.” Whether that was because of them warming up to it or again…going where the money is.

2 Likes

Of course they will. That is what makes me sick. They don’t care about the game like they would have people think. They would drop a tournament in a heartbeat if another tournament offered more money if it was at the same time. Now I am not saying all of them would do this, but I would bet that over 3/4 would.

1 Like

Don’t worry. I’ll try to snag your $5 at Combo Breaker :innocent:

1 Like

Oh no not my $5 you dastardly fiend.

1 Like

If that is the Chicago one, then I will be there to give it to you personally. :smile:

No, that won’t be necessary :sunglasses:

When is the sign up for combo breaker anyway? I know it is not right now, but any idea would be helpful. CB is the only tournament that is close enough for me to attend. My son and I went last year. We missed the playing sign up, so we just watched

No you can sign up now I believe. Not sure though.

as someone who is never going to win a tourny Ill gladly support the KI community fund in any way if it keeps the game I love going on

4 Likes

Now looking at it more and more, Kilgore is really giving me a Sektor vibe (with the missiles and such)…Fulgore is looking like Cyrax using Lasers and energy based weapons (i may have been a bit slow on this one) :sweat_smile:

Not exactly comparing apples to oranges, but more of a humorous exaggeration and I get your point. Bottom line, I love KI but I couldn’t care less about tournaments, even if they are KI-related. Maybe if I lived in the US I might attend one, just to experience it, but I’m not expecting to go to the US anytime soon, let alone to attend a tournament.

I feel like I already did my part in supporting the game over the last years. With each season we were told that there would only be another season if the game sold enough, so I bought each season at the highest price (Ultra Combo editions), partly because of costumes and accessories (which were not essential) but also to help promote sales and the game itself. But after 3 seasons and a PC launch, we hear that KI has reached over 6 million users and has even outgrown itself. The game is alive and well and the public aware of it (at least those who care about fighting games, including Sony- and Nintendo-fanboys/girls). By now it’s safe to say it no longer relies on supporters to keep itself alive; it relies on buyers. And as a buyer I only buy things that are either meaningful or rewarding to me.

Returning to Kilgore’s price and reason behind it, it all comes down to the consumer perspective: for me, the price is too high and the “50% goes to tournament funding” part doesn’t appeal to me. If the price were to drop substantially, or there was some sort of “character pass” for all new characters at a reduced price, or if the 50% went to funding new stages for the game instead, I would reconsider my decision. But for now, I rather wait it out.

1 Like

The honest way of doin things would have been to put a 5 bucks prince for the char and let the community give what they want to fund this tournament scene. But i’m not buying the extra forced cost.

What if they were to have referred to the tourney scene as “continued promotional support”? Would that have made it an easier pill to swallow?

Y’know, other than a small pile of KI Gold.

3 Likes

Whelp, IGN finally got around to mentioning Kilgore’s release as well as the ultimates - better late than never I guess…

Interestingly enough, during Kilgore’s release, they were talking about the next SF5 season. Biased much? I heard they heavily
promote PS over Xbox, but jeez! Really!? Please have news standards for crying out loud!

To their credit, they didn’t mention the backlash he’s been getting due to the price, but they did mention the $10, with no mention of the CF. So this will actually misdirect even more people into thinking it’s just him for the full $10, and that can hurt sales (not to mention the CF itself), because they’ll be less inclined to buy him without ever actually knowing the full value of the $10. They did, however mention that S2 will soon be free as part of the FGwG promotion, though, so at least there’s that.

Poor reporting is poor.

2 Likes

This is why friends are the best source on what you might or might not like. I would not be shocked if Sony gives them some perks for doing it that way, and they don’t want to give them up.

1 Like

NO where does it state there is a community fund except on the Killgore IG walk through stream…that i have seen. the Xbox store doesn’t mention it. the in game bio for Killgore doesn’t mention it. IGN doesn’t mention it.

Not sure whats up with that.