Kilgore Walkthrough with Iron Galaxy

Now looking at it more and more, Kilgore is really giving me a Sektor vibe (with the missiles and such)…Fulgore is looking like Cyrax using Lasers and energy based weapons (i may have been a bit slow on this one) :sweat_smile:

Not exactly comparing apples to oranges, but more of a humorous exaggeration and I get your point. Bottom line, I love KI but I couldn’t care less about tournaments, even if they are KI-related. Maybe if I lived in the US I might attend one, just to experience it, but I’m not expecting to go to the US anytime soon, let alone to attend a tournament.

I feel like I already did my part in supporting the game over the last years. With each season we were told that there would only be another season if the game sold enough, so I bought each season at the highest price (Ultra Combo editions), partly because of costumes and accessories (which were not essential) but also to help promote sales and the game itself. But after 3 seasons and a PC launch, we hear that KI has reached over 6 million users and has even outgrown itself. The game is alive and well and the public aware of it (at least those who care about fighting games, including Sony- and Nintendo-fanboys/girls). By now it’s safe to say it no longer relies on supporters to keep itself alive; it relies on buyers. And as a buyer I only buy things that are either meaningful or rewarding to me.

Returning to Kilgore’s price and reason behind it, it all comes down to the consumer perspective: for me, the price is too high and the “50% goes to tournament funding” part doesn’t appeal to me. If the price were to drop substantially, or there was some sort of “character pass” for all new characters at a reduced price, or if the 50% went to funding new stages for the game instead, I would reconsider my decision. But for now, I rather wait it out.

1 Like

The honest way of doin things would have been to put a 5 bucks prince for the char and let the community give what they want to fund this tournament scene. But i’m not buying the extra forced cost.

What if they were to have referred to the tourney scene as “continued promotional support”? Would that have made it an easier pill to swallow?

Y’know, other than a small pile of KI Gold.

3 Likes

Whelp, IGN finally got around to mentioning Kilgore’s release as well as the ultimates - better late than never I guess…

Interestingly enough, during Kilgore’s release, they were talking about the next SF5 season. Biased much? I heard they heavily
promote PS over Xbox, but jeez! Really!? Please have news standards for crying out loud!

To their credit, they didn’t mention the backlash he’s been getting due to the price, but they did mention the $10, with no mention of the CF. So this will actually misdirect even more people into thinking it’s just him for the full $10, and that can hurt sales (not to mention the CF itself), because they’ll be less inclined to buy him without ever actually knowing the full value of the $10. They did, however mention that S2 will soon be free as part of the FGwG promotion, though, so at least there’s that.

Poor reporting is poor.

2 Likes

This is why friends are the best source on what you might or might not like. I would not be shocked if Sony gives them some perks for doing it that way, and they don’t want to give them up.

1 Like

NO where does it state there is a community fund except on the Killgore IG walk through stream…that i have seen. the Xbox store doesn’t mention it. the in game bio for Killgore doesn’t mention it. IGN doesn’t mention it.

Not sure whats up with that.

Buddy, media of any form hasn’t been unbiased or standard-driven in years.

And yes, Microsoft gets the shaft more often then not with gaming media. People love to hate the company and remember every little thing it does wrong. That’s how its been.

A big part of writing news is to have reliable PRIMARY sources. In this case, the primary source would be the initial announcement from the devs themselves on stream - where they do mention the community fund. Everywhere else - the store, etc., is all a SECONDARY source. That’s kind of like saying “he said that she said…”

Gamespot did mention it.

Honestly the only players that I THINK are cool are Flash, he plays sabrewulf, real chill positive dude. He’ll only give you ■■■■ if you give him ■■■■. And that dude that plays tj combo, the guy that does the vocals on the song Herald Of Gargos. I talked to him on the Facebook page, I was kind of excited cuz I love music and that song is amazing in my opinion and he’s from my area, South Texas. Lol he was pretty respectful and I’ve never seen him talk ■■■■ in the Facebook group. Anyways I ended up getting Kilgore simply because it’s my favorite fighting game and I want it to grow.

1 Like

Thats Christopher aka Thrash heavy. Yes he is by far the coolest out of all the top players I have met. We actually have become good friends after hanging out at Absolute battle. He has tried several times to get here on the forums instead of the dreaded facebook page, but for some reason he cant log in.

@rukizzel Can you help our buddy Thrash heavy get onto the forums? He says he cant log in, that he uses his Xbox log and pass and it keeps saying log in failed or cant log in at this time. He would love to join us but it wont work for some reason. Does that issue sound familiar?

3 Likes

I thought that might be who you were talking about when I read the words “TJ” and “Texas.” I met him at CEO in Orlando - by far the coolest cat there (no offense to, you know, everybody else). Also consider him a friend despite the fact that he sent me to the losers bracket (my fault though, for practicing with him for an hour the night before). Easily my favorite TJ player.

2 Likes

Yea I don’t know him I just talked to him for a bit on the Facebook page because I recognized the name chirstopher de leon, it’s on the tracks name lol I thought it was really cool that someone from where I live is on ki lol I’ve been wondering how he linked up with the ki people to get on the song lol and yea I’ve seen his tj, he’s really good, man I watched him get screwed in a tournament because tjs last breath or whatever it’s called didn’t work so he lost lol keits plz! Lol

His friend read that Mick Gordon was looking for someone to do vocals. He sent Mick his bands demo tape and got the gig. He wasnt looking or anything , he just got lucky someone noticed the ad, and got his tape sent to him…the rest is history.

2 Likes

Damn, well he did a great job. I don’t even listen to that type of music but that song is legit lol

1 Like

Cool…I love Omen’s theme. It’s the best Gargos theme in the game!! Still despite the fact that I like that type of growling metal vocals, my college vocal music training kicks in and cringes when I think of how they’re tearing up their voices when they do that. Still he did an amazing job.

1 Like

Yea I wish we had a full gargos theme by Mick Gordon lol

There’s a trick to using the back of your mouth and your diaphragm for those vocals so you don’t ruin your voice.

1 Like

Kilgore is very fun. Please devs make a guessing game where the person or people who correctly guess the next two chars get some small prize. Just to spicy things up here