Kilgore tech/strategy thread

will light hit in front

Yeah I think so.

Here’s a set up I found off of a level 3 or 4 metal ball ender. It might not be all that viable though because characters with a DP can punish you on their wake up, projectile invulnerable moves provide an easy escape, and if the opponent is blocking high on their wake up then the heavy metal ball will not cross up.

2 Likes

I bet using the exhaust ender will lead to a h metal ball. Time to lab some more

Using standing hp will go over riptors head. So don’t use it on her unless you can catch her in the air.

Holy ■■■■. I think I just found a 52% set-up in heated.

Here’s the vid. Can confirm this works on everyone in the cast including aganos and hisako. using a shadow ender uppercut bumps the damage to 61%

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApO8Pevd9hSMixou3WxjMm1PY6V9

Was that Med or heavy ball? The set up is nice if you have no meter to cash the juggle out.

Its heavy. After the m. Guns delay for 1 sec then heavy metal ball. Bout to see if it works with instinct heat seeing as how they are very different.

It actually gives you more damage than the juggle setup. However, your opponent is more likely to break, also the damage really isn’t always reliable due to invincible wake-up and teleports. Using meter during the combo will put you in 60%.

Just got up to 85% if you use your instinct cancel to continue the combo.

I’m not sure if this has been said anywhere and I have missed it, but I just found out that you can virtually full screen confirm guns or rockets on hit with shadow dash into dash linker…It seems really really good. Might be worth trying to keep a bar back to be able to do this when you can.

2 Likes

Also, as Leo said, you can confirm an ultra from fullscreen, without break point

1 Like

Nobody has highlighted it specifically, I just thought it was sort of implied when Leo laid out the full-screen Ultra confirm.

Essentially, you can get a fullscreen confirm off of pretty much any projectile special (including Gun HP’s) w/ xxExhaust>H.Dash without providing a breakpoint. If you need that extra confirmation moment, you are still free to buffer H.Linker from from H.Dash as you would in the xxEX.Dash example, but you trade a little (breakable*) damage up front for a freeze to confirm w/ and unbreakability.

*dunno how much is bugs and how much is intended, but EX.Dash has some wonky behavior currently, and is breakable fullscreen.

1 Like

Found that if doing the exhaust ender against a normal height character it sets you at the perfect distance to cross up with medium metal ball.

Found out the hard way that shadow metal balls not even safe while in heated.

2 Likes

Found a bug I think with Kilgore against spinal. His metal ball does not punish power devour. I even tried crossing him up and it still doesn’t work. With this “bug” I think it might be his worst matchup.

Spinal power devour devours all specials, metal ball is a special ;).

1 Like

Well ■■■■ then. Spinal is the worst matchup for kilgore.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to do st.HP xx exhaust (confirm), heavy gun dash, ultra from truly full screen. It works like… 2/3rd screen maybe, but definitely not beyond that. I just get shadow DP (whiff) instead because presumably I am out of range. Am I missing something?

Idk about full screen but it works in closer ranges. Instead of doing st. Hp into exhaust, I’d rather just use shadow charge.

Just thought of it. You could do st. Hp, instinct cancel into another st. Hp into shadow charge. Why tf haven’t I done this yet.