Kilgore Gameplay (Video Added!)

#WELL
#BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

Okay. Now that we have gameplay to analyze, let’s see what we have.

-SALUTE TAUNT!

-VERY similar to Fulgore. A lot of the animations and attacks are identical in form and function… But with some added goodies.

-The guns have a ton of uses that make him very different. His throw is a juggle, similar to Shago and Sadira. His “blade dash” fires the weapons, destroying projectiles, and the Shadow Version hits a LOT. The DP is pretty similar, using bullets to launch higher and tack on more damage.

-The overheating actually looks… BENEFICIAL! It looked like he could apply the heat to his opponent, and he got super heated during instinct… What exactly does it do?

-Win pose is just as adorable and Gir like as the intro. “YAY! I DID IT!”

-The Blanka Ball is… Interesting. It can be used as a linker, an anti-air, an opener… The Shadow Version seems to be an escape, or a linker that only hits once with a single -BOOP!-

Will analyze more later.
@Infilament and @Sajam could probably gleam more out of the gameplay footage.

1 Like

So it looks like he may be the most clonelike character in this game. A lot of his moves share the same animations as Fulgore with extra twists. Which isn’t a problem per say, just something I’m a little surprised by.

Here’s my list of observations:

-His bullets are extremely fast. Like we’re reaching Deathstroke levels here. He’s gonna be hard to zone out.

-That teleport…what’s the point? When he’s overheated it seems to act as a self-destruction thing (maybe a reversal), but otherwise it seems to do nothing from what I can tell.

-This bot has burnouts. Oh god.

-That shadow flip move seems to be a cashout, but he can still continue the combo? Huh?

-I love the throw and taunt animations.

3 Likes

Yes Jago was set on fire there for a second!

But whats that shadow smoke cancel at the end of the Jago match? Its like a touch of tri-borg as well!

Holy Makeral.
So looks like a lot of Kilgore is so far very similar to Fulgore in 80% of his normals. Looks like Kilgore’s HP button is a bit different. As his jumping HP will shot bullets as well as his crouching HP. Seems like Kilgore’s version of Fulgore’s Fwd HP is that he can shoot both directions with his spin. The blanka ball looks like it has stagger properties on it. Seems like the over heating aspect is actually a temporary buff much like Cinder’s “on fire” I wasn’t able to tell whether or not it added extra PD or not, because it didn’t last very long. Seems like Kilgore will have projectiles similar to what Fulgore used to have with an upwards gun attack. But probably at an angle much more anticipated when IG was talking about changing Fulgore’s up laser in S2. I am not sure what the teleport properties are for other than just being a way to avoid enemy projectiles, but seems like slow moving ones will still connect.

1 Like

Looks to me as thought the overheat is more akin to Cinder than anything else. Maybe the more he uses his specials, the more likely he overheats. His flip reminds me more of an Akuma demon flip rather than Blanka’s move.

Oh, it was.

That settles it. Kilgore is the GIR of KI

2 Likes

I was thinking more of Kan-Ra…

1 Like

Seriously though. Like I said in another thread, he’s just like the other robots, but a lot less functional and really entertaining to watch.
Just look at his intro and victory animations! He’s just so pitiful! He’s trying so hard to be a good death bot but he’s falling apart and he doesn’t even have hands and he explodes when he tries to teleport
It’s kawaii as ■■■■

4 Likes

The over heat to me is exactly what Tusks sword does when used a lot, it heats up, but with a tad bit of fire damage with potential damage.
Nice, very nice, very creative. IG and the MS team are just so creative… they are by far the best fighting game dev team in the business.

Im calling it now…
Left side new character = Killgore (Obviously)
Right side new Character = Eagle
Middle slot new character = Shadow Orchid ( Staying with the middle “Shadow characters”)

All 3 new characters are new versions of existing characters. Faster and easier to make since they are based off existing models. All 3 being added bonuses to keep us busy and happy until Either Season 4 is announced or KI2.

Any new character ideas will hold off until Season 4/ KI2.

7 Likes

I’m hoping that the next 2 characters are 2 of the following:

Eagle
Kelvin AKA rushdown glacius
Human Cinder
Sharkman

Yeah I think that one makes the most sense. Unless they decided to make a shadow version of another character which doesn’t seem very likely at the moment.

1 Like

Seems like the teleport explosion might be a bit like Deadpools from UMvC3. Only difference is that the explosion doesn’t do any damage to Kilgore, but the explosion is only triggered when Kilgore is fully “On fire”.

Not a fan of this “new character” looks just like Fulgore to me. Like if you just replaced Fulgore’s head and arms and took out “ful” in Fulgore and added “kil” to the "gore.

He has a few other things to offer, but that’s generally why I don’t like clone characters.

Well he IS an older model of fulgore so…makes sense for this really.

I actually think eagle is already present. What if he is Kilgore? Is that a possibility?

1 Like

You can make all the justifications you want… he’s still a clone character.
The lore written for him is just another justification for copying and putting another name on an already established character.

OK, you’ve said that numerous times already. That’s nice…

And I will continue to point it out whenever it is relevant to do so.