Kilgore Community Fund

Yeah. I really hope they give us an update about the community fund soon.

I definitely think we are owed an explanation. We donated money to a big corporation in good faith (not, say, a Kickstarter which has risk involved), they canā€™t just take the money and never explain where it went.

Iā€™m left with a really bad taste in my mouth about this one.

4 Likes

Is KIWC happening this year? Does it have a date?

They should put all that money into the price pool. I would be perfectly fine with that. Watching (maybe) one last big KI tournament with some serious money to win would be epic.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not usually one to post here anymore but I figured hell why notā€¦you good people deserve answers.

I was the original instigator behind trying to find out what happened to this money and when I originally asked I was told (by Adam and James) the plan was still to distribute the money to tournaments but they still hadnā€™t decided where it was going yet officially and that was about 2 or 3 months ago.

There are only really three big KI tournaments left those being CB, CEO, and the last KICup so ideally the money would go to those so Iā€™m not really sure what theyā€™re waiting for itā€™s kind of obvious.

Apparently, but no date yet except for fall 2018.

https://twitter.com/DJamesGoddard/status/897184277103652864
https://twitter.com/DJamesGoddard/status/944692845629259776

1 Like

Kev pls

He said ā€œapparentlyā€ to the question asking if itā€™s going to happen.

He said ā€œnoā€ to the question of do we have a date yet.

Oopsā€¦ I should read carefully before post it. I was very sleepy while read posts. :confused: I am very sorry.

1 Like

A fall date for KIWC is odd to me being it was always in early spring. This makes me think that it will be in the fall for a certain reasonā€¦that reason being for the big announcement of the next KI.
Why would you wait so much longer to have the Super bowl of KI that late in the season? The longer you wait the more chance of player counts going down since there isnt any support lately.

I like the sound of KIWC being the home for the big announcement.

4 Likes

Had the exact same thought.

1 Like

We havenā€™t forgotten! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Okayā€¦

I had enough

I canā€™t stop thinking right nowā€¦

All the Silence lately, the returning character poll, KIWC in fall and all those weird Kilgore community fund teases make me really feel that there is a KI 2 announcement coming very soon. In my mind itā€™s pretty much confirmed that itā€™s going to happen.

I predict an e3 announcement with an early playable version at KIWC. I have no idea how the fund plays into this, but at this point it should be something big.

I am hyped.

3 Likes

Can you point to these? Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦

As far as the announcement of a new KI, I would love this. Iā€™m completely in favor. But I have zero reason to think that Fall 2018 is a better time to announce this than Spring 2018.

This is a prediction based on nothing but wishful thinking. Which is fine, but when you do this you have to be prepared for disappointment.

2 Likes

I thought KIWC was delayed because you know, less popularity, less profits, more problems.

Looks like weā€™ve got some good news coming soon from @TotalJimkata & everyoneā€™s favorite broken robot very soon:

Very close to making announcements on the 2018 events sponsored by KILGORE fund. We understand itā€™s been slow, the news will be good! https://t.co/ZEUJeueD3A

ā€” DJAMES (@DJamesGoddard) February 23, 2018

-Zenek :robot:

11 Likes

ā€œVery soonā€ is a broken record.

I hate to be a negative person. But Kilgore released in January 2017 and the community fund period ended March 6th, 2017. The idea that it has taken them more than a year to identify how to spend the $50,000+ raised is NOT OKAY.

6 Likes

To be fair, and also to your own point as far as the timeframe goes, we have no idea how the Kilgore fund will be used, nor the complexities that may go with organizing whatever theyā€™re doing behind the scenes- Stuff happens. Maybe a potential partner fell through, maybe it really does take a long time to put together the good news thatā€™s on the way, and as long as it comes to be, I am fine with it taking time.

From what @TotalJimkata mentioned, the big reveal is nearly here, and Iā€™m cool with waiting a little longer- Iā€™m guessing that Kilgore will have set the table for something even better than our expectations. Who knows? :robot::moneybag:

-Zenek

Iā€™d love to be proven wrong and look like an ā– ā– ā– , I really would. But I canā€™t fathom what the ā€œcomplexitiesā€ would be that would cause them to take more than a year to announce that they are dropping ten grand into the prize pot for 4 tournaments. I can imagine a lot of self inflicted administrative hassle but itā€™s very difficult for me to imagine some surprise that is going to make me better understand why this has taken so long.

4 Likes

Kilgore fund news comingā€¦

# FINALLY

3 Likes

I hope itā€™sā€¦

KI Season 4 or new sequel!

5 Likes

Jus curious, is KI s3 still fun for you? Iā€™m loving it still! I want the surpise to honestly be kilgore funds for combobreaker, ceo, tx showdown, and kiwc. plus ā€¦ ultimates for all! ha!

Although, I can see 4 new characters, 2 on top of Kilgore and 2 on top of Eagle making a s4!!! But i dunno. The game is really fun as it stands now. I jus think we gotta do our part to build a community around it and fully explore the nooks and crannies of s3.

3 Likes

Still my fav FG
Still playing it
Will continue doing it
If new content comes out I will get it

5 Likes