KI3 has ruined other fighting games for me

Got a PC? Cross-play makes it a good option.

Yeah, Iā€™ll be playing SFV on PC - runs really well so far in all the betas Iā€™ve tried.

With regard to OP, I think I tend to agree. SFV is definitely fun, but I find the overall pace of the game just a bit too slow after having been bred on KI. And I miss the continuous mind game that the breaker system imparts within combo. I find myself impatient both while comboing and getting comboā€™d - am basically just waiting for it to end so that I can get back to actually playing against my opponent.

1 Like

i enjoyed the beta of Streetfighter 5, its not as action packed as KI and is alot more calm. that i can see, but i still find it very fun to play. to me, i think its a game i can relax more with since the pace isnt as fast. still, i had very exciting matches and i look forward to playing both

Ki brought me into fighters again. I grew up playing them but high school i quit. I tried to get into iv vanilla but i sucked i quit and 2008 was the first year for fifa ultimate team i finally grew sick of developers not supporting fifa allowing expliots to be in the game that determine the outcome

Got ki brought me back i cant wait for sf v sf was my 1st fighter i took serious ki was 2nd

That being said i am more excited for season 3 then v

DAMN WANDA!!!

I gotta step my game up!

1 Like

I aint all dat good im just a bit psychic lol we should play @bblackorchidD

I love just playing for fun not competertive at ALL

Id rather risk and make it look amazing ha.

Played @FallofSeraphs76 the other night hes awesome and good fun too never cheap but AMAZING defense lol AND omen fully manual :hushed::smile:

Bass (ken) said id be pretty good if i worked on my defense a bit more lol i dont listen lol rather just make it look pretty haha.

2 Likes

That is exactly what KI did to MKX for me. I was really looking forward to MKX and loved it for a while, but went back to KI because of breakers. If someone is doing the same combo over and over again, I love being able to punish them for being predictable. When I played the MKX online beta, I just kept getting mad because my opponent would do a maximum damage combo with flawless execution and I could not do a thing about it.

2 Likes

This :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up: its so true the footsie game is too strong SF and MK is just about spacing for that one hit

Ki you can be more reckless because you akways have a way out.

1 Like

I feel the same way, after KI3 MKX just doesnā€™t do it for me anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For me, KI strikes the right balance between the insanity of Marvel and some of the anime games, and the slower pace of Street Fighter. I will play some SFV when it comes out next week, but I just donā€™t see it getting me off of KIā€¦

For me, MKX is a game that is awful for beginnners - because you canā€™t do anything and the pokes and normal are so awful. It has a sweet spot once you start nailing some of the combos, and then it gets lame again as you become proficient because you really are just playing for the opportunity to do your one best option.

I do, but I donā€™t know the specs of what Street Fighter 5 is yet. I do know this Laptop runs SF 4 at highest settings with an A+ rating on the in game quality tester, if thatā€™s a benchmark to test from. You make a good point, I hardly considered the PC version at all. It would also let me use my Xbox Fightsticks to play as well, and thatā€™s a big positive for me.

Thanks for the suggestion @DoobyDude23, Iā€™m gonna look this up on steam and see if I can run this.

1 Like

I like Marvel, but the speed at which that insanity of projectiles and assists is launched at you is a little too crazy for me. I agree with your view, this is a good balance of match pace between those two.